ICP 09 - Roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by opherrichards, Nov 3, 2008.

1. vik

vik New Member

because my uni are a little bit mean, i have just ticked where it says if your uni are willing to put it all in one letter and on the top of the form i put that my uni term finishes on june 26th then put a * and put at the bottom that *teaching and exams wil be over by early june. hopefully that will be acceptable!

2. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I've got all my documents signed, sealed and delivered as the phrase/ song goes. I hope the extra roles are extended at the interview because there are only three really i want to do from the limited list but from the larger list there are about 3 more! I still need to sort out accomodation and trains. I'm thinking of wearing my tinkerbell earings and mikey neckless hehe. Can't wait im so excited! But im just worried how much info you're suppose to know about Walt and the World as a whole?!? can anyone help?

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ive only learnt a few bits. the main thing i learnt was how many oscars he won, nominated for etc. but not much else. i tried to do dates but they wouldnt go in.

4. vik

vik New Member

you're really not required to know very much at all, what they really want to see is an interest in the company, to want to learn more. they aren't going to quiz you on stuff and not let you in if you didn't know that snow white was released in 1937! they do ask a few questions in the presentation and give out prizes, but thats all just for fun!
    the only way you're going to look bad is if you say in your interview that you're favourite disney movie is shrek, or "oh i didn't know that theres 4 parks" or "i only want to go so i can get a tan" that and probably if you only select one option!
    im sure that you're all much smarter than to fall down at any of these points lol!

5. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

lol thanks girlies. Hmmm i don't think that would be very clever ;D

Ooo yea and i have long hair - do you think i should pin it back for ftf?

6. vik

vik New Member

just as long as it looks smart its fine, i personally will be tying mine back (i have really long hair so it would look a bit silly to have it down)
    cant believe i still have a month till my f2f...i want it to be december now!

7. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

I now how you feel! Time at the moment seems be to be going so slowly at the moment, last week seems months ago.
    On the plus side as they are the last interviews we dont have as long to find out the desision. :)

8. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

i wonder when we'll hear...

9. vik

vik New Member

Last year i was in the last london interview and they said "before christmas", mind you the last interview was in november last year and i found out about 2 weeks later. 2 weeks after december 11th is christmas eve so i think we'll be lucky to find out before christmas this year!

10. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

imagine finding out on christmas eve that u got in - wouldnt u feel fantastic?

11. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Or hell if you didn't get in ;)

I so hope I get in but I have no idea what role I'd fancy doing. I'm not really picky but I'm gonna have a good think about it this week.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It would be great to hear on christmas eve, that would be amazing.

Im going to have a long think about it tonight, i only know my number one role, hehe. I would love to put operations but that could mean being in the car park, eek!

I cannot wait for this interview, its on Friday! I cant believe its so soon.

13. Jodi

Jodi New Member

What's strange is none of you had the choice to pick vacation planner and hospitality like we did in the Australian interviews. I got given front entrance operations/hospitality! Hospitality looks amazing:) its working in the resorts at the front desks etc Im arriving in Feb so cya there! xo

14. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

@Jodi - That might be because the Australia programs are different from the rest of us! Your visas are much longer I believe! I was actually looking into Hospitality a little at first, but I scratched it out when I didn't see it on anyone's list in this thread. Vacation Planner also looks cool! I'm assuming you have set hours every day, and you're in air conditioning as opposed to the super hot weather outside. Only thing with that is there's not as much guest intereaction in the parks.

15. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Yeah we get 13 months visas or something! Oh im happy about the air conditioning! Yeah we probs wont have nearly as much guest interaction but i suppose i get 6 months of working at the front of the park so i will see plenty of guests :)

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

i think we may have had vacation planner on the random extended list some got - not sure i'd want to do that tho!
    and, i have my form and letter, so i may attach a piece of paper to it, saying that teaching and exams will be over by mid june - then it's up to them whether or not they take it!
    can't believe im off to liverpool tomorrow, and by this time on mon it will be over, then more waiting!
    i'd almost prefer to have it later - less time to wait to find out - but then i'd get more stressed for the interview!!!
    finding out you got in would be great, but suck if it wasnt. if i was them i'd want to tell us before christmas so i could have the time off, not having to worry about it!
    but i suppose it's up to them, as we are but pawns in their game of chess...
    xx

17. ginabella

ginabella New Member

Good Luck for monday :) Let us know how it goes!

You'll be fine, i bet you have a blast! ;D

18. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

thanks!
    assuming the sites up, gues what i'll be doing monday evening ;)
    can't wait to meet everyone!!!!
    im on the train that gets into liverpool at 18.51!!
    xx

19. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Vacation Planner = Glorified Ticket Seller

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, its not really that appealing but there may be some people who desperately want to be one.