ICP 09 - Roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by opherrichards, Nov 3, 2008.

1. vik

vik New Member

i think they will give you a list at your interview anyway as they did last year and it had way more choices than i was initially given, like last year i was initially given operations, lifeguard, full service fand b, quick service fnb merchandise and custodial! you'll all have to let me know what happens in your interviews cos im in the last one in london so you can give me all the gossip haha!

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

so happy with more choices!

im in teh first interview so will write on here when i get back....if i remember it all as most likely it will be a blur.

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

same Freckles!
    we can remind each other afterwards, we should take notebooks and make notes!
    geeky or what!
    xx

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I cant wait, a week on Friday! Im so excited. i just had some guy from Disney Vancation Club phoning me, haha. I just heard disney and though it was about the program, haha.

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

only 6 days (well less) and we'll be in liverpool, arriving for the presentation... :s
    getting nervous now!
    xx

6. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Yeah I'd expect them to hand out lists on the day, they may be longer, perhaps shorter than the various ones sent out already, certainly I wouldn't expect them to restrict the choices on the list based on your CV before you arrive, they'd only do that mentally during the interview based on your personality and strengths. One thing's for certain - Quick service Food and Beverage will definitely be on there, they're desperate for people to work this role, also Custodial is often in demand. It may sound like a lousy job at first sight, but few roles give you the freedom to walk around talking to people (and other CM's) without someone constantly watching you. (For anyone who hasn't worked it out yet I was custodial this summer). Good luck with your interviews, I won't be there this set of interviews, but may be over there on this or another program this summer or further in the future.

7. Freckles

Freckles Guest

katie .....i will be doing that. i was going to take my dictaphone though thats going to the lecture i miss.

I really cant wait, thanks for all the information. I am getting really excited. im about to fix my poppy to my suit as well as my breast cancer pin.

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I need to get a poppy. It will be past the 11th when its my interview. Do you think i should put one of my disney pins on?

9. vik

vik New Member

thats not a bad idea, though obviously you don't want to over do it!

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, i want to put one on but i dont which one, i think i might put my mickey feet or silouette.

Im getting so excited now but i have so much going on at uni i cnt even prepare for it properly.

11. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I was thinking of putting a disney pin on because I have a cinderella one or a Cheshire Cat one. Do you think thats a good idea? Or a mickey one or something.

I'm so excited, but have to sort the forms out which not looking forward to lol.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ill pick one out next week and put it onto my suit, hehe.

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

i need to find my breast cancer one, and my american flag one!
    and need to sort the forms tomorrow - finding student registry should be an experience!
    xx

14. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I have been thinking about the whole pin thing and mentioned it to a friend, if you wear one i'd say make sure its small and professional, you dont want to seem like you sucking up

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I just gave both my forms to my advisor and shes going to sort it all out.

16. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I sent mine to the administator of the Politics department.

She sent me a nice little email back saying there was no reason she couldnt do them and wants me to fill in the form one and she'll have the letter printed out ready when I want to collect it ;D

A week tomorrow till my interview!

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thats really cool. im just waiting on the letter to be done. have the forms. now buying a wallet to keep them nice and pristine!

i have my poppy so im happy!

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I will need to find a pocket folder to hold all my documents. My interview is a week tomorrow aswell!

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I have the form done, nice and stamped :)
    However, had to request the stupid letter online and it can take up to 7 WORKING days to be processed, which sucks as I need it tomorrow.
    Oh well, will have to go and speak to them, and explain nicely tomorrow. Maybe get them to do something else? Or, I could type most of it out, go and see them and just get them to print it maybe? can't be that hard!

I have a nice folder, and a spare - do you want one Freckles? I carry my lectures notes in them!
    xx

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Thanks for the offer but i just bought on in the SU shop! And I have a bag that can fit it..just..you see it popping out.

does anyone know how to get the smell of smoke out of a bag? i bought it from a charity shop and it stinks!

It says ont he email if you cant get it in time try and get something similiar i think.

the problem i have is that our term doesnt finish until July 13th! but teaching finishes way back in April/May!