HURRY UP APRIL!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by georgie92, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

Sea World is my favourite too! I love it so much i could watch Bule Horizons all day long hehe!

My dad has just text me to say he has boarded the plane soooo jealous! :(

2. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I love the Shamu show and we saw Shamu Rocks the last time we went....It doesnt seem the same though without the instructors in the water doing all the stunts and stuff, but I can hardly blame them not going in after what happened :(
    Aww I'm sooo jealous for you.....would love to be getting on a plane right now to jet off to Florida :) I need some sunshine in my life haha x

3. Missish

Missish New Member

Wow, I didn't check the boards for a couple of days and suddenly there's an extra 6 pages to this thread!

I'm heading to Florida on Tuesday - SO EXCITED! :D
    And yes, I am trying to make you all jealous ;)

4. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

Well i am officially jealous haha!! Bet your so giddy, that will pass sometime until april, have you applied?

5. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

Missish I am MEGA jealous :p haha

6. meganlauren

meganlauren New Member

Me three :mad:

Have a lovely time though :)

7. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

Yeah hope you have fun and a safe flight :) :)
    OMG I've been trying to cram my head full of Disney facts today.....INSANE!!!

8. meganlauren

meganlauren New Member

Lmao! There's you finding facts about Disney and me going through the phone interview in my head while I fall asleep at night. I need to calm down abit I think :)

9. Chris9Wong

Chris9Wong New Member

my parents have booked our family summer holiday this year to New York and California! :)

Might pay a little visit to Disneyland whilst in California. It's probably not gonna be as good as Walt Disney World, but still, I can't wait! :) Being there will probably make me realise just how much I want CRP.

10. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I've been going over phone interview questions as well :) so its not just you going mad hehe I'm struggling a bit with the answers though, I can get them down on paper, but saying the stuff out loud and trying not to make sound like a load of bullet points is hard :/

11. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

I have been geeking up on facts about my hometime and it turns out theres loads of stuff i didnt even know haha!

12. meganlauren

meganlauren New Member

I'm guessing you meant hometown, but anyway.. funny you say that! I googled mine yesterday and turns out Norwich is the most medieval city in the UK? I never knew that ;) wahey!

13. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

Haha! Yes i meant home TOWN! What a loser i am lol! I think its because i was day dreaming a bout home time after a very long day :p

Im quite lucky to live in Blackpool because its a big tourist town so theres lots to talk about like the illuminations and the tower and the three piers hehe!

14. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

There are less positions available for merch- so far there's quite a few start dates been given with no merch people going at all so most people get offered f+b positions, even if there experience is mostly in retail. I'd say to give urself the best chance u should definitely try and consider either- shows ur keen and willing to try new things anyway :)

15. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

At least you guys seem to have something to say about your town thats of interest.....we have beach and thats about it and a few caravan parks :p Think I'm gonna have to do some serious research on google about it :)

Thanks VickyPul for that....I would consider both, I think F&B sounds a bit daunting that's all from everything I've read on here :/ I'm a supervisor in a retail position but from what you've said about there being fewer places, I don't think that would help me much. But Disney is Disney and I'm willing to try whatever they throw at me :) x

16. meganlauren

meganlauren New Member

Glad you said that :) I've got experience in fastfood, so even more hopeful than I was! Yay :D

17. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

I have experience in both but the job i do now has no relevance to either of the job roles so im hoping that doesnt go against me :)

18. jamjam251

jamjam251 Member

I did waitressing from the age of 14 to 18/19 and then I have spent the last 3 years in retail (past 18 months as a supervisor) so I'm hoping that will get me somewhere. I used to work in various chinese restaurants and it was practically 'fast food' because the guy who ran it hated to keep the customers waiting haha x

19. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

F&B does sound daunting, I'm dreading starting work now, still a bit excited but not as much. But I've heard people say that even with experience it's all new, and you are taught from scratch, from the types of money from how to speak to people I believe, so you shouldn't be thrown in the deepend :)

20. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

I suppose its like any new job, all places do things differently so you will be taught everything! This sounds stupid but i never even thought about the different money haha! :p