How do you survive there?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by mousefreak, Sep 28, 2008.

1. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

the debit card sounds really good, much less hassle than travellers cheques which are getting a bit dated now. I'm not sure if there is a conversion charge when you withdraw money. Any other bank than nationwide has a charge to use your card, generally it's 2.75%. I don't think you can use the cash card to pay by debit in shops, which isn't really a problem unless you're paying for something quite big. But it'd be worth opening a nationwide account simply for the reason that you can pay by debitcard in shops and still not get a conversion charge. :p oh dear, i sound like a nationwide spokesperson.

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Re: !

Ooo we went to the ENCORE show it was so cool!
    STAGE is a lesser known affair here's the site http://www.stagecentral.org/
    Our production, Twisted Tales was a collection of 3 short comic plays that played around on 3 storys - The Town That Never Woke Up (Sleeping Beauty), Belinda and the Beast (obvious!) and Cybernella (Cinderella)! Each play had a different director - all volunteers who do 'normal' Disney jobs but have a passion for directing too!
    Everyone is so great - and of course they LOOOOOOOVE our british accents. Rob was the english villian - naturally!

Hehe, I will tell Justin that he has a new wave of Brits coming to stage in the near future - he will be so pleased!!

3. george544

george544 New Member

you can open up an account with partners but you'd have to close it in the end, the other option is sun trust, you don't need a minimum balance and cahrges you zero for transactions you can withdraw from suntrust atm's that are pretty much everywhere and you get like 3 transactions free in non suntrusts atm's. there's one at walmart and another one near downtown disney

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I'm such a werido...I did know about it because there were always notices about it up in the parade room. I just never had a chance to go! But it sounds awesome it I'm sure we'll all definitely invade :D

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want to go to STAGE, its sounds like so much fun. So does ENCORE.

OK, that is a lot of bank stuff to take into account. I think i may open a nationwide account but then i would have 4 bank accounts, which i think would really confuse me. I may just go to my own bank and see what they have on offer. Travellers Cheques is something i have never used, so i am not going to start using them.

How big are the safes in the apartments? and do you get your own one?

6. Cicada

Cicada New Member

That sounds awesome! I'm going to bookmark that website to remember it. thanks

7. DisneyGibbs

They're not safes...they're lockers...and mine was big enough to fit my laptop in. You have to provide your own lock.

And Travellers cheques are best to use! If they get stolen or you lose them, they can be replaced. You can't do that with normal money. At least have some of your money as travellers cheques for when you get there. Obviously, when you get a US account sorted out the debit card becomes really handy...I hardly ever carried cash!

8. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

You can also use your travellers cheques in lots of supermarkets and food places in florida, so it saves the bother of having to find somewhere to exchange them. They're a really safe way of taking cash.

9. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

was that a pun? heh
    all of this stuff is confusing me...i think i'll just see how my f2f goes before thinking about any of this

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, i should probably do that!
    I just needed to know i would have somewhere to put my laptop and valuables while im out.

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Actually, my partners accoutn is still open hehe

12. DisneyGibbs

Yeah, mine has been open since 2006...my tax refund went in there earlier this year! So I'll have money to spend in December :D Just need to remember my pin number!

13. george544

george544 New Member

oh really??? some of my friends weren't able to keep it open i left mine open with suntrust, where did you gurls worked? i was merch at hollywood studios!

14. DisneyGibbs

I was QS F&B and Attractions/PAC at MK.

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

is QS F&B good?

16. DisneyGibbs

Well I only got the best QS location in WDW, so yeah it was amazing LOL.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe, you were so lucky, you got the two best places to work and in the best theme park at WDW.