How do you survive there?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by mousefreak, Sep 28, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

is it really that good? i like the chinese buffets you can get over there.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

mmm I love ponderosa, when I was last there (way too long ago) they cooked you a steak...as part of the buffet. Who could ask for more?!

3. Disneyjess

Disneyjess New Member

I remember going to Ponderosa last time I was in Florida..really wasn't as impressed as the first time.

but it was still nice :D

4. StarsMeltMidnight

StarsMeltMidnight New Member

It's not that difficult to survive on Disney wages. Rent gets taken off automatically, so it's not like you really have to think about it, plus you get lots of discounts being a Disney cast member, not just at disney, but at other places around town.

I worked for a year in the CRP in merch/attractions, and then 6 months in another program doing quick service food and bev, always making low wages, but I always had fun, went out, and never had to be "taken care of" by someone that made more money than me .

You just get used to it ... if "X" is how much you make, then you just figure out how to live off of it. :)

5. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

CiCi's All You Can eat Pizza, Pasta, Salad and Dessert...

6. urock

urock New Member

i worked out today i have about $50 to last me the week coz i have rent, flight, and my credit card bill to pay as well. so be eating beans on toast every day. so i be asking for extra extra over time.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh my, $50, That is why i am not getting a credit card, having to worry about paying it off. So what is the average you earn in a week say if you work for merchandise?

8. dan grime

dan grime New Member

ci cis is a very good shout lol also ponderosa is good its been way too long since ive been. i cant see money being a massive problem everybody whos done it has survived lol

9. ginabella

ginabella New Member

the first time i went to florida, the guy who owned our villa, owned the ponderosa round the corner...oh yes free food for us!! and you know they have those pay and grab toy machines where you have the grabby hand, well he gave me and my sister a free toy each!! it pays to know those in power!! mwahaha. ps. i luuurve ponderosa

10. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

:eek: free ponderosa... i have to meet him :D

11. ginabella

ginabella New Member

it was the ponderosa on the 192 with the football scarves all over the walls!!
    i dont think hes there anymore though :( boooooo

12. urock

urock New Member

i be i am doing merchandise from feb 09 i get $7.25 an hours. work it out if i do 30 hours i get $217 40 hours $290

13. Irishrower

Irishrower New Member

Oh man! CiCi's, good times...
    Sean #1, We should rent that place out and have a party!

14. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

Sean #2 it is done!

For that that are kinda confused on the post's I was the first Sean of our year and he was the second, people got confused who they were talking about so we became Number One and Two. Kinda like the Banana's in Pajama's but much cooler.

15. Irishrower

Irishrower New Member

---"Kinda like the Banana's in Pajama's but much cooler"

Hahaha, I never thought of it that way... I just thought James Bond, lol.

16. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

this made my day!
    golden coral and ponderosa are both well good.
    ponderosa has those lush potatoes at breakfast...dunno what they're called.
    golden coral has pizza for breakfast. and the phrase 'all you can eat STEAK' comes to mind!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, most definetly. I think i will be going to all you can eat buffets a lot. are there any near the complexes?

18. Irishrower

Irishrower New Member

Lots are close to the commons

19. Next to Vista you have Bennigans along with Wendy's (which I know isn't a buffet but its still damn good and cheap)

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

klkl, my dad was talking about what i would be earning when im out there and making it clear on how i would cope, i think i will be fine cause i think they keep forgetting everything is a lot cheaper over there than here and its not like when they were there, they were buying for 4 people not 1 which i would be doing.