How did your F2F go?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by fleur_charms, Nov 13, 2009.

1. StevenC

StevenC New Member

i was told this upcoming friday by the american interviewers... but 2 weeks by yummyjobs staff... so i had two conflicting dates.

however iv noticed some people who were auditioned recently... i cant remember which city it was in... were told the result after only 2 or 3 days... so its anyone's guess really!

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh i guess were just gunna have to wait and see and keep our fingers crossed =D

3. kandicombo

kandicombo New Member

I hate waiting :( x

4. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Thanks Leom! I love you lots :D

Did anyone else get told they were creating a waiting list? Geff told me we would find out by a week on friday (at the latest), and they have some positions they KNOW will be available, but they were also creating a waiting list to see whether people will definitely be needed before they get offered a job. They didn't do that last year!!

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh god, that's scary! I don't want to be told I "might" be needed... there are flights to book if you get the job etc etc! fingers crossed guys :)

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Waiting list? thats a new one, i know they have that for the CRP but i have never known one for the ICP.

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ehhh i dont understand :eek:

8. CharlotteSparkle

That's what I was told!! Jeff may have gotten mixed up with CRP applications but he def said there will be a waiting list coz disney don't know how many people they'll need. Guess we just wait and see!

9. Oh my, that doesn't sound promising! I hate waiting let alone waiting lists :(

10. beccac123

beccac123 New Member

I found out 2 days (the next working day) after my interview that i was going. So hopefully you all find out soon - i'm crossing my fingers and toes for you all :) Good Luck

11. ariella

ariella New Member

Charlotte-They had a waiting list last year for the Spring Canadian ICP interviews. When we had our interview they said there would be a waiting list because of the economy and they weren't sure how many jobs would be available but if we were a good candidate they would keep us on a list and we could be offered a job at any time. I remember them saying if we didn't hear by June 23rd (the interview was the first week of March) it was a no and we would be allowed to bypass the phone interview stage next year and go straight to the face to face.

I was put on the waitling list along with a lot of other people (honestly it felt like only 2 people at my interview got hired right away) and a week later we all had e-mails with job offers. I don't know if they were waiting to see how many people would take themselves off the waiting list or what but it was weird how all these jobs became available a week later lol! Then I had 4 1/2 weeks before I left for FL! Aww good times :).

Did they ask any different questions since you just did the program? I'm so nervous over what questions to expect and my interview still isn't until 2010!

12. CharlotteSparkle

I don't like the sound of that waiting list, but it's great that you all got jobs! It is odd that the positions ALL became available a week later!!

The questions were pretty much the same, with a few extras - like what were the challenges I had to face over the summer, and basically you need to have a good reason why you deserve to go back over someone who's never been before, which is a tough one!! I asked if they were accepting less alumni this year and he said as long as you have a good reason to want to go back, they're happy to hire alumni. I'm sure you'll do really really well - can't believe we didn't meet over the summer!!! It flew by!

13. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Do they let us know by telephone or email whether we have been successful or not?

14. CharlotteSparkle

last year it was an email, and I think it'll be the same this year

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i guess friday is too early itl probs be monday now after all the interviews are done :) i bought a big Mickey today tho for luck lol all the toys in Disney store are £10 and its so cute :D x

16. CharlotteSparkle

i wouldn't have your heart set on finding out on monday - i got told friday of next week which sounds more realistic considering the volume of people that they interviewed. If we find out monday we'd be very lucky - it's not usually that quick!!

17. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I was interviewed on Thursday in Birmingham. Jeff told us we would here in a week, he said if we haven't heard by Friday afternoon we need to phone yummy jobs :)

18. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Hey guys, had a looooooooooooong chat with becky from Yummy Jobs today at my interview. Now that all the interviews are done they have to sort out whos going and what not. She also said that no one from the ICP have been told if they are in or not. They are going to try and send out the emails by friday, but if you dont get one dont panic because they are not really sure if they will be ready by then. Everyone who had an interview will get an email even if they dont get a place. The email will let you know where you will be working and when your leaving date is. However we dont find out what park we are in untill we are there. If anyone has any other questions just ask, i found out loads lol. x

19. Sofi

Sofi Guest

yeh i didn't mean monday i meant kinda from monday cos people said theyd found out already, i dont have my heart set on anything, people said it would be yesterday but i didn't think it would be x

20. I'm on the train homeward bound, ~Disney interview complete.. Now i wait. I think it went well, fingers crossed. Answered all the questions, we spent the interview talking about the one park i wanted to work in, we even discussed the possibility of a job that wasn't on the list so i'm hoping that's a good sign i shall report back if i get accepted.