Housing

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Jodi, Oct 12, 2008.

1. the bathrooms are ok, pretty standard. I shared mine with another 3 people. In terms of tv channels you just get the normal cabel ones but you don't get a tv you will have to supply that yourself. Not sure about the sports didn't get time for them.

2. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

3. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Nope. You could get lucky that your roommie already has one or one was left by the previous tennants. I hear a lot of people buy theirs off of people who are leaving. Otherwise just go to WalMart, you can get a fairly nice one for like 300-400$.

You don't really have to live out of your suitcase. You get a good size closet and a couple of drawers... I've done a month out of a suitcase and it gets old fast lol

4. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

I was only joking about the suitcase thing. I am pretty lazy, but I would struggle to last for two months.

I read there was a gym, is that right? Is it any good? I can imagine all I will eat is burgers, so I will need to do something to keep in shape.

5. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

now really, couldn't Disney just put in a tv in each suite? I mean, I know I won't have much time for tv but it would be nice to know what's going on in the world (news) while we're there... since I won't also have time to surf the net for much news. Anyways, I had a couple questions. Firstly, is the laundry free? Also, can one make long distance calls (using a phone card) from the condo suite or do you have to use the one "central phone" mentioned on the Disney website?

6. forloveofmusic

You have laundry machines in your room so your only cost on that is the detergent and softener.

As for calls, I'm not sure on your in-room phone. However your parents or whoever you plan on calling the most can get a Vonage line with a local Florida number. Their numbers are VoIP so it's connected to your internet and you can get any area code you want. My house has three different area codes haha Apparently it's quite inexpensive, and it will be free to call home since it's the same as calling a 407-number.

7. kate003

kate003 New Member

laundry isn't free in patterson. it's not in your apartment either. (good thing i live in the commons or i'd never have clean clothes)

and you can use phone cards with the apartments landlines.

8. Yeh it's only in the Commons that your laundry is free (and in a different laundry room) but the cards is a really good way to do it instead of always having to carry change around with you.

9. Logan514

Logan514 New Member

I'm hoping theres some sports to be had, i read about that place for us to go and they have fields and such, do many people take advantage of this, i want to bring my soccer gear.. but i want others to play with too haha, same goes for golf..? do many people go golfing?

10. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

I play a wee bit of golf. Don't fancy hauling my clubs to Florida though...

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yes there's lots of golf on property! Some on the world circuit apparently. I know nothing about golf but ya apparently it's good.
    And then there's the wide world of sports to go see games and practices and things...

I'm sure you boys will survive :D

I didn't know the Commons had free laundry lucky buggers! There is a set in every block. Great if your on the ground floor but not so great on the 3rd ha.

My bathroom in my second apt was dirty and horrible so I called front desk and they had it clean and shiny by the time we got back from work yay.

12. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I'll be taking trainers and shin pads in case any football games do crop up, they don't take up much room in the case. Bit of a football nut so I'm not sure I can go months without a kick about.

13. cowza

cowza New Member

They have tournaments and stuff for all sorts of sports at Mickeys retreat. I'm sure you can join one or start a new one! Being america and all volleyball is a very popular one but they have soccer for sure.

14. Murphysmom

Murphysmom New Member

Does anyone have room safes for valuables? I mean you don't know any of these people you are living with. However, I was thinking just for things like my passport, wallet and such.
    Any suggestions?

15. forloveofmusic

The rooms come equipped with lockers. You just need to bring/buy your own lock. Much cheaper than bringing in your own safe ;)