Harry Potter Book 6 date!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tiggercharlotte, Dec 21, 2004.

1. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Aunt Petunia's not a squib, i know i've read a quote from J.K. Rowling on that somewhere but the exact place eludes me. Justin Finch-Fletchey is a "mudblood" so it wouldn't really make sense for him to be the half blood prince. Plus i totally agree that Sirius will return, he must, she can't have killed him off forever! And Ron better not die!

So what are your thoughts on the half blood prince not neccesarily being half wizard half muggle but say half centaur half man, or half giant like Hagrid.... Just a speculation so spill your thoughts.

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Yeah, I've definitely heard Petunia's not squib- her parents are both muggles, so she couldn't be! I've always thought as the HBP being half wizard, half muggle, but I don't know- interesting thought!
    Charlotte x

3. Klode

Klode Guest

I agree, I can't imagine petunia having any magical ability.

As for the HBP - I'm thinking that it is seamus. The reason is because everything in the first movies are important for something jk said, and I can't remember if it's #1 or #2, but on the movie, you see seamus saying "my dad's a muggle, my mom's a witch"....so I dunno if that's a foreshadow. - as for half centaur, half giant or something, I had no even thought of that... it's an interesting thought. but what mix do you think it will be...and why? - that would be an interesting thread.

For harry being the heir of gryffindor... that would be possible. After all, it would make anew a battle of slytherin vs. griffindor....and every book seems to have that theme somewhere. I just don't know where it would come from, because I think lily's parents were both muggles....and we didn't hear much about the extended family of james.

4. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

oooh, u guys think really deep about this don't u?!!! All im thinking about, is that this next book better be good as we have been waiting ages for it! But JK Rowlings superb so i don't mind the wait!

Sarah :D

5. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Wow, thanks for replying!!!
    Okay, I have been convinced that Aunt Petunia is not a squib, she is an ordinary muggle , like all of us are.
    I have also read that nothing will happen with Cho or Harry in the following books.
    What a shame, I like Cho, she is really instable at the moment but hey she got her boyfriend killed.
    I think she will end up either with Ginny or Loony.
    Do u think Mde. Maxime will end up with Hagrid?
    I had read that Fleur and Bill Weasley will get married on the six book.

See ya
    Robb ;D

6. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Wow, I just spent about 15mins reading this topic!
    I have to say I love the books, but was pretty dissapoitned when the first film came out. Visually it was beautiful, and the score was lovely, as were the supporting cast. But Daniel Radcliffe's acting was just appauling! Yea yea, I know he's young and all, but that's really no excuse, I just couldn't understand why he got such a high-profile role! In reality this was more the fault of Chris Columbus than Daniel, since the Director should always aim to get the most out of the cast.
    Having said that, his acting has really improved since the first one. I think the real star from the outset has been Rupert Grint, he's the perfect Ron, and seems the only genuine guy out of the three (Emma and Daniel, your not 25, nor would you want to be, act your age!). I really enjoyed the third film, I thought it was much more interesting than the other two, and like the book, it got much darker. But like most of you I was sad that so many details were left out!
    Was anyone else slightly dissapointed by book 5? Especially after how amazing book 4 was - can't wait for the film! Anyway, look! Here is the picture of book 6s cover! I've ordered the 'Adult' version from amazon! What do you think the difference is? Just a posh cover, or some rude words too!? I've got my money on Hagrid to get the chop, but I think it would definately be more exciting if a more prominent character went, as long as it wasn't Ron!

7. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Oo Oo, here is the 'adult' cover! Hmmm 'Potion Making'? What could this mean!? Any guesses? Maybe Snape plays a big role? Maybe HE dies!?!

8. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I need the version with the cover like all the rest of the ones I've got....otherwise my set won't be complete!! (I think I have the kids cover ones!!!).....once I have my own house, with a good bookcase (not all shoved in boxes cos there's no room for them, like at the moment!), I want them to line up in order with all the spines looking the same!! hehe!!!

ellen xxx :D

9. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that ;)

When the whole set comes out I'm just going to buy a box set to keep perfect and the set I have now to read (though I would like to keep my 1st edition of pheonix in good nick).

10. Klode

Klode Guest

Hey Marsha,

I agree with you, my favorite book to date is book 4. I really liked book 5 and it was awesome that it was so long.... so much more of the magic was explained. My least favorite is book 2....but not many agree with me on that one.

I'm just so excited for the book in the summer and the movie in the fall.

So, for a new thred..... what's gonna happen to Neville. He always seems to be fairly important in every book, what do you think will happen to him in book 6?

C

11. marshabrady

marshabrady New Member

Oh I love neville! (could he be the half-blood prince?) His character was so great in book 5 (was that the one where we see him visit his relatives in hospital) I really hope JK expands it! He really is a sweet boy, and you really feel for him when he is embarressed over seeing Harry in the hospital, bless! :-[

12. tiggercharlotte

Yeah I have the kiddy versions of each- although I now also have the adult paperback version of OTP as well :-[- I wanted to take it on holiday- and wasn't about to lug my hardback version with me ;) My favourite book so far is book 3 although I like all of them really! :D
    Charlotte x

13. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

My favorite book is also book 3! and i do agree with you Klode that my least favorite book is book 2, too many spiders and snakes for my liking :eek:

I have a feeling that Neville will have a larger part in the future of the series because we now know how he's been involved (sort of) with the prophecies. I have a feeling it's going to be Neville who saves Harry at some point in the future books and he will become more confident in himself and a great wizard. Or to flush all that away, he could be the one to die.

I love the covers of the two books! They look pretty sweet but the children's one that you show is that the american or british/canadian version? I know for OtP we got different covers than the US. I like so many others also have the kids versions of the books, personally i find them more appealing than the adult covers.

So what does everyone think of Luna Lovegood's mother being the grey lady, ravenclaw's ghost? I think it would be pretty cool but it wouldn't make sense with her going behind the curtain too seeing that Sirius didn't become a ghost... Let me know what you think and if you don't like this thought then share your thoughts on who the grey lady actually is.

14. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

I think I will order the kiddie version
    has all my other books that got that cover.
    And it is nice to keep it all the same.

Hey Neville, will SURELY play a bigger part from now on.
    Come on he is mention in the prophecy.
    And it is not stated that Harry and Voldemort are the ones that must kill each other.
    Maybe the fight will be Harry Neville.
    I know it sounds weird, but hey see Star Wars, Anakin was good, and he turned bad
    as bad as he could get.
    Maybe Neville, will become Voldemort's greater supporter.
    He has got so much anger in him..
    As the Grey Lady goes.... mmm, havent got any idea.
    There is not statement from how long has she been wandering in the castle.
    But hey the grey lady is dress in Renaissance clothing,
    I dont have a clue.

See ya
    Robb ;D

15. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

Okay so bringing people back to HP after a loooong while.

Any thoughts on who the character JKR profiled on her website is? Here's the description:
    "He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawney hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behinds a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp"

Personally i think it's the new DADA teacher, but anyone have other ideas?

*Lisa

16. Tinks

Tinks New Member

ooo, sounds good lisa!

17. tiggercharlotte

Yeah I think it may be the new DADA teacher as well. Unless its someone new and we don't know where they'll fit in ???! Less than 100 days I think now til the new ones out yay!
    Charlotte x

18. Melissa

Melissa New Member

hey! Thanks so much for telling me the date. I'm a BIG fan of Harry Potter. It Rocks. It KEEPS me on the Edge of chair. I wonder if I have time to get 1 in Orlando and read it in free time. I guess most probably I won't have time to do so. I will hang out in Disney with my friends.

19. Klode

Klode Guest

Well, to answer your questions, you should have time to read the book. Per day, I would say I have approx 1-3 hours of free time, but never more.

As for me, I'm getting excited to read the book. I'm just upset that I will need to wait more than everyone else here at the commons.... I don't want to buy the US version, so I'll need to wait until I can get the canadian version sent to me...oh well, it'll be worth it

C

20. Melissa

Melissa New Member

I have read all the 5 of them. Every time I finish the book, I wanna read the sequel IMMEDIATELY. But I get upset as the Sequel has still NOt come out. i have read the American and British version of Book 1-5. I didn't compare them[ didn't pay attention to it. i was concentrated on reading it wanting to know what will happen next] . I didn't really know the difference between the 2 version. I just prefer the cover of the British version. It LOOKS prettier.