Harry Potter Book 6 date!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tiggercharlotte, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Klode

Klode Guest

I had noticed that on some sites, the names for the first movie were different, now I know why.

I will be ordering my book from Canada to ensure I do not get the US version.

As for the movie, is anyone interesting in going opening night? I've done a few of those.... it's usually a few hours of waiting in line after getting the tickets.... but I rather have that than have other people talk about the movie and me trying not to listen enviously.

As for "who dies", what about Mr. Weasley?

Claude

2. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

I'll totally go with you opening night! And I still think Hagrid is the one that might die, that was my guess for book 5 but it soon went out the window. We might be able to pre-order the tix for opening night's show therefore cutting down on line time. Of course this all depends on the hours we're working too.
    See you in Florida!

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Im def up for going to see goblet of fire on opening night!!!

I dont mind queuing for tickets - will be worth it!!!!

Hopefully our schedules will allow us all to go together!!

4. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

OK over in the US they didn't show a midnight showing of Prisoner which really upset me. We preordered tickets for an evening show (around 5pm I think it was) but I ended up going to the first showing as well (at 12). Seats are first come first served but its in their biggest theatre. Get there early as there might be a few 'teachers' walking around to sort you in to houses and give you a sticker like there was last time

5. Klode

Klode Guest

That sounds like fun. In Winnipeg, we just get a cold hard floor to sit on and wait.... for hours. Oh well, it's usually worth it

6. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey HP fans.

How r u??
    Hey, yeah I do really want to get a UK version, because I have always got the American one.
    And I am trying to learn some British English words.
    Hey about the movies. Hey I loved the 1st and the 2nd. But I didnt liked the 3rd. why?
    u know they made so many changes in the castle, and it hasnt got the same sort of magic it has got.

As the character who will die. I am sorry but I think it is going to be Ron.

See ya
    Robb ;D

7. Tinks

Tinks New Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rons my favorite!!!!!!

8. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

no don't kill ron, hes the funniest of the group!

and it better not be hermione either!

or harry....ok put it this way....

don't kill anyone  there all great!

Sarah :D

oh, and i agree the 3rd movie wasn't as good as the others

9. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

So it wasn't just me who noticed that the castle and placement of the whomping willow and Hagrid's hut had completely changed! hurrah...I'm not alone!!

The 3rd film was very far reserved from the book.....what happened to an explanation as to why they were all animagi?! or why Harry's Patronus was a stag!??!

So infuriating...I'm glad I've read them all! :D

Ellen xxx

10. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys.

Ellen : I do totally agree. U know if someone prefers to see the movies ( as my sister does  :-\ )
    She only gets to understand about half of the movie. and that happens in the 3 movies.
    Yeah, Hagrid´s Hut in the 1st and 2nd is in a very plain place just outside the castle. and suddenly in the 3rd it is on a sort of a precipice.
    And also the Hospital Wing just few steps behind a big pendulum. come on???
    Please , Chris Columbus do the 4th one, please  ::) ::) ::)

See ya

Robb  ;D

11. Klode

Klode Guest

I agree with you all on the movies, it took away from the consistency of the movies...and it did not do justice to the book...But I still purchased it (how hypocritical eh?).

As for the one who dies, I dunno, I hope it's someone I don't like and no, I doubt it's Hermione Ron or Harry.

Now here's the tough question: with who is hermione going to hook up? Harry or Ron?

12. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

definatly ron! all through the 3rd film there were signs, and jk rowling said that there were things in the 3rd film that were clues for the the next book, so 2 and 2 together makes hermy and ron!  :-*

Plus, rumours on the internet are that luna lovegood will hook up with harry, i think so as well, they got on very well at the end of the 5th book!  ;D

gawd is it me...or do i sound really geeky knowing all this! ???

13. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I really hope it goes Ron and Hermione (think it will) and Harry and Ginny. I love Ginny I think she's fantastic! :D And I didn't like the 3rd film either though I bought it. ::) Think it was daft to change the castle so much, and I didn't like the way that they didn't explain the marauders map or Prongs, but I thought the kids acting has progressed so much! :D
    Charlotte x

14. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

The kids are getting so attractive too....If you watch the cast interviews on the dvd, Rupert Grint is the coolest guy (Daniel and Emma are a bit 'I'm trying to be grown up but still sound like a kid', which is so cheesy, whereas Rupert is so laid back and just such a dude!!)

I love Ginny too...the girl that plays her is so pretty! :D

Is Luna the girl who's the only other person who can see the invisible horses that pull the carriages?! I've forgotten so much about the books.....

Ellen xxx

15. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Yep, thats Luna, and Neville can see them too.

16. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

I agree exactly they all have become great actors.
    I like to see the growing too, but hey Rupert is quite old for doing a 14 year old in the next movie, and surely Daniel will look olders too. It is hard but that is the bad thing u know, maybe acting not according to the real ages, but hey sometimes I see in the series guys of 21 . 23, doing characters of 15 . 16. For example compare Neville in the 2nd and the 3rd movie, he has really grwo in the time between, it is like "is he Neville?"
    I think Harry will end up with Ginny, Ginny has alwasy have a crush on him. And come on Ron and hermoine will end up together, just that they dont wanna accept it. And Draco will end up with Pansy.

See ya

Robb ;D

17. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I dunno JK did say that no one was safe in the last one and to expect it to be a shock so I dunno. I don't think it would be harry but could well be ron or herminone

18. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Guys and Gals.

Hey how about if Dumbledore dies, and then Harry beats Voldemort???
    Sounds quite heroic, uh??

Hey Klode.
    I think u r a big Harry Potter fan. U know I was on the debut day at Saint Vital.
    Where u there too???

Got to go
    See ya
    Robb ;D

19. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

im going to be so sad when she finishes the last book - no more harry potter! and she said that either Harry or Vodermort have to kill each other - so whos going to die in the last book? JK Rowling may kill off Harry so she dosn't have to do books about his job and stuff after leaving school, but she may kill off Voldermort so Harry is Heroic...wat do u think...i know its not until book 7 but just wandering...

20. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I don't know! I think Dumbledore might die in the last book. In a lot of ways I think Harry will conquer Voldemort, because I don't know how anyone could possibly leave the wizarding world to be destroyed and evil, but there's always a little bit of doubt- especially where JK is involved!
    Charlotte x