General enthusiasm/happiness thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Janey, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Janey

Janey New Member

Well done Katie!! :)

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

thanks ;D
    And today, while I was in school, one of the kids managed to set a gas tap on fire, so there was a mini fire in the lab!
    but we are all fine :)
    NB - don't trust 11 year olds with bunsen burners (especially the clever ones ;))
    xx

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah i always wondered what would happen if you did that, especially as gas taps are made out of metal, which is not so nice when hot. did you turn it off at the mains

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Personally matt?
    No
    I was moving towards the fire exit rather rapidally (I don't like fire!)
    But the guy I do the placement with moved to do that, while the teacher put sand on it!
    Quite eventful really!
    xx

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thats scary, so are you doing teacher placements then?

I would love to do a placement as a bio teacher for a wee while, but no one would dare mess in my class! haha.

6. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

YOU ARE UNINVITED FOR TEA HAS FINISHED!!!

Pictures to follow on facebook. here are three pics of the table and us setting up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

8. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

9. Audrey II

Audrey II New Member

just read back a few posts. well done katie on the results.. i remember my class at school setting the tap and things alight with the bunsen burner...we were a mad lot at that age.

10. Janey

Janey New Member

I'm about to book my flights to London for June!!! Yay, getting excited about stuff again. :) Can anyone suggest a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Hyde Park/Bayswater area? There's two of us and we're staying for three nights. :)

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I think there's a travelodge near there, they range in price, but I think they're generally about £50 a night for two :)
    xx

12. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Omigod I'm so pleased you passed your exams Katie!!

When I was at school a kid in my class stuck crocodile clips in a plug socket and gave himself an electric shock, it was soooo funny!! Makes me giggle just thinking about it haha

13. Janey

Janey New Member

Thanks Katie, I'll check that out. :)

14. mushu

mushu New Member

I'm sooo happy and excited to be heading off to London tomorrow for my f2f on Wednesday!!

15. Janey

Janey New Member

Good luck Vicky, we're all keeping our fingers crossed. :)

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I'm happy because I got to catch up with a load of my very good friends this weekend :) And also because I have today and tomorrow left of my week off, plus at least 2 more days off before Sunday! :D Oh and its 20 weeks tomorrow til Florida! Also, as I type, my cat has just jumped up next to me to give me a cwtch. OH and I got new glasses today and they are snaztastic. And there's more, but I'm getting close the the essay zone with this post...

17. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

that's what aber does to you!

18. Janey

Janey New Member

Omg! Omg! OMG!!!!

My hockey team has made it to the finals!!! We're just 4 wins away from being Finnish champions! There just aren't words to describe how I feel as the last team my team played in finals was 17 years ago!! To say I'm over the moon is a vast understatement! I ♥ JYP! :-*

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Congratz, thats amazing. Hope use win!

All the Best!

20. Janey

Janey New Member

Thanks Leom, this just feels so unreal. I literally had to pinch myself this morning, just to make sure it's all real. :D

And now I just purchased my flights to London and booked a hotel! Yay!! London, here we come, 10th to 13th June! ♥