General enthusiasm/happiness thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Janey, Jan 7, 2009.

1. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I feel sorry for anyone who has to learn English. The grammar must be really hard to get your head around, there are so many exceptions to the rules.

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I am rather excited that i just recieved an e-mail from yummy jobs!!

did anyone else
    asking if you would like them to pass on your e-mail addresses to other people going soon?

so you can all get to know each other! :)

3. header

header New Member

Ya I just got the email as well. :)

I said yes of course.

4. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Their, There is the one that drives me nuts!

I'm doing a teaching placement right now in grade 1 (6-7 year olds) and it is so hard to explain to them the different rules.

I also got the e-mail from yummy jobs! Our time is getting so close!

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i didn't get an e-mail from yummy jobs :(

6. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

I got the email :) such a good idea. Matt, you just need to forward your email address to Kirsten at yummy jobs so they can make a list of them to send out to folk.

7. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i got it! :)

8. I have that feeling too. My dissertation went to be bound yday evening ... I can sleep finally!!!

9. Oh God don't get me started on Scan!!!! It's terrible! I really do wonder sometimes how the editors get through university with such terrible grammar and spelling mistakes.

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I hate finding spelling and grammar mistakes in some newspapers, especially quality ones. There was a mistake in The Times the other day, i went mental, haha. But the best part was that they had wrote an article about susan boyle and said she sang "I have a Dream", its "I Dreamed a Drem". I mean who are reporting these stories. Some journalists drive me crazy.

11. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

;)

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

They don't even submit articles how they were written! My friend wrote one, and it was fine, but when printed, it had like 7 mistakes in! Surely they could just copy and paste?

Oh, and I had my last exam today :) - now for coursework and starting the dissertation :(
    xx

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

why did i have a feeling someone was going to do that, lmao. learned a lesson there haven't i?

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hehe
    As long as you remember it! ;)

Oh, and for 21st June people for ICP - only 8 weeks to go!
    xx

15. Janey

Janey New Member

The year '09 is officially THE craziest ever.. Major ups and downs already at this point but this one beats all of them. Like I told earlier, my ice hockey team won the Finnish championship. I've been working for the club now for 11 years and last night I found out that I'm going to get my very own gold medal!!! OMG!! All the employees get one, this is sooooo cool!

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I'm happy because pay day was on Friday - woo hoo! I'm going shopping on Tuesday for various things I "need" for Florida... I CAN'T WAIT! ;D

17. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I'm happy as I just had the best week off EVER! The sun was blazing, I spent all week doing nothing but relaxing, drinking, having bbqs (parents were away!woo!) watching football, playing football, then on Thursday I got accepted for CRP Sept 22! :D and just 18 days til my hol to florida :) haven't felt as good in a long time :)

18. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Dan that's a fantastic week! ;D

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, well im enthusiastic about leaving 8 weeks today :D

I had quite a strange week, back at uni, was in a dilemna and now ive had a boring weekend, haha.

But DISNEY RULES! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

20. Janey

Janey New Member

Blimey!! Hard to beat that. :D Congrats!