For the love of Music!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Mar 2, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Fame can really destroy a persons personality and that. If i ever were to become famous i would try not to let it destroy the way i am.

2. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

yeah I agree! I think I would be one of those low key famous people! I do not envy celebs and their lives honestly to have people constantly watching you and taking your picture oh god I would die. So not fun!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I hate the media, they minipulate everything and make celebrities lives hell at times, i could really kill tabloid journalists, i hate them so much. I could go on and on about them.

4. princess_shayna

me too! They totally go overboard!!!!!

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

yeah but to be fair i think if celebrities court the media then they have to take the rough with the smooth. obviously there are some celebs who don't constantly use the media for their own protection and still get a lot of attention put on them, but there are plenty who do.

6. princess_shayna

yeah thats true there are some celebs who just ask for it! lol!

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I know, but i still cannot believe the high input of the media to princess diana's death. I think that was the most outrageous crime of the media. They just exaggerate so much as well, that is why i read quality news papers, the sun is so bad for their grammar, spelling and facts, totally biased at times. Actually, ALL THE TIME!!!!

8. Janey

Janey New Member

Okay, this is slightly off topic but it was so funny I just HAD to post it. :D Again, it's something that's been going on in Facebook.. Here are the rules. Go to the Wikipedia main page. Choose Random article. That's the name of your band. Choose another Random article. That's the name of your album. Choose Random article four times to get the names of your band members. On this one you can only accept articles about people. Then choose random article 10 times to get the songs for your album. It can be hilarious! :D Here's mine:

Band: Salvation is Created
    Album: Q3 Academy
    Band members: Udo Horsmann (a German footballer :D), Susan Molinari (a politician), Robin Campbell (an athlete) and Susan Still (a women's rights activist).
    Tracks:
    1. Amanethes
    2. Indiana Department of Education
    3. Keiko Nishi
    4. Ostacronycta
    5. Wulften am Harz
    6. Bioaerosol
    7. Billy Kinard
    8. SO2
    9. Reg Keys
    10. Deloraine

So I'm thinking it's probably a sort of rock-ish band? :D

9. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

I like (in no particular order):

Led Zeppelin
    AC/DC
    Boston
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Van Halen
    Iron Maiden
    Guns 'n' Roses
    Status Quo
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Darkness
    White Stripes
    Franz Ferdinand
    Rod Stewart
    Good Charlotte
    Beatles
    Rolling Stones
    Aerosmith
    Queen
    The Eagles
    Elton John
    Jimi Hendrix
    Lenny Kravitz
    Thin Lizzy
    Eric Clapton
    Bachman Turner Overdrive
    Steve Miller Band
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Genesis
    The Hives
    Wheatus
    Whitesnake
    The Who
    ZZ Top

I'm often criticised by my friends for living too much in the past - it's not my fault if bands suck ass these days. 8)

10. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

Love my music and going to gigs 2, so hoping to continue in Florida when i start on October 20th, going to Glastonbury for the first time this yr too so well excited especially seeing as "The Boss" (Bruce Springsteen for al those who dont know lol) is headlining.

Some of my fav bands/artists are:

Death Cab For Cutie-(No 1 Fav Band)
    Bruce Springsteen
    U2
    Weezer
    Fleet Foxes
    Franz Ferdinand
    Doves
    Elbow
    Glasvegas
    Arcade Fire
    The Beach Boys
    Belle and Sebastian
    The Killers
    Bloc party
    Bob Dylan
    Coldplay
    CSS
    kings of leon
    Editors etc etc...........

Has anybody been stayed in Orlando before and who knows where the main venues are for music bands and are will there be any big bands playing around october to december time when i arrive in the sunshine state???

Thanks adam :)

11. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

there's the house of blues where NFG played recently (or are playing soon), when i was there last underoath, the used, mandy moore etc played (yes i just used underoath and mandy moore in the same sentence) so they get some pretty big names. there's a place called the social too which i believe is for smaller bands.

this thread could interest you: http://www.wdwip.com/smf/index.php?topic=6578.0

just wondering, does anyone who's going over have any interest in playing music? i play drums and a bit of guitar, although the former are impractical so i'll be looking to buy a guitar over there, so are there any other musicians? and has anyone ever formed bands over there? (i can imagine it'll be hard with drums in the commons etc haha)

12. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

The Hard Rock at Universal CityWalk gets big names all the time and I believe with a season pass you get in for freeeeee.

In another post I mentioned that Orlando is a fair-sized city and is a common stop for many bands on their NA tours. In town there are a number of clubs/venues.
    Also, an hour west is Tampa which gets a lot of names too. And of course Miami but that's a bit further.

13. the_anarky_boy

the_anarky_boy New Member

All in July: Rise Against/Rancid/Billy Talent - House of Blues, Orlando
    The Offspring/Sum 41/Frank Turner - Hard Rock Live Universal, Orlando
    The Vans Warped Tour - Central Florida Fairgrounds, Orlando

Druing my very first week of work (late May) I shall be requesting these days off!!! Anyone elseis welcome to join me as these gigs all look awesome!

I play several instruments, though I will only have a pair of sticks and a drum pad with me as the drums are my first instrument and I will not abandon practicing them, not even for Disney.
    I have attached an old photo of me which may get some laughs.

14. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

that's a sweet kit! and nice custom drum skin ;)

15. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

Thanks for the info guys am def gonna try see as many bands as I can while i am over there, seein death cab for cutie play is the dream tho ;D

On a completely separate note does anyone know how much it is to get a year pass for Universal studios cos def want to get one when i come over as I love both of those theme parks, and with the new Rip n Ride it rollercoaster and the new Harry Potter area being built will be spending a lot f my free time there i think lol 8)

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK Adam - VERY Jealous of you getting to see Bruce Springsteen - saw him last year at the Emirates - SO GOOD!!

My favourite music is a bit weird really - Status Quo, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Isaak, Bon Jovi, THE KILLERS ;D, Nickleback, most Disney (not HSM!), Chopin.

I play the piano :) I love it, and really missed it at uni, so convinced my parents to buy me an electric piano that's portable for here. Maybe you should think of getting one Leom? It's got weighted keys and everything! :) - and I have just taught myself to play the first bit of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. (The big classical guys - lovely to listen to, bit of a pain to play sometimes!)
    xx

17. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

Yeah thanks katie am well excited its the first time seeing "The Boss" live cant wait, am hoping he does a few dates in USA nxt year so i can see him again whilst i am in Orlando, if he does you can come with us and be my springsteen gig buddy lol ;) :D

18. bacondoublecheese

bacondoublecheese New Member

I can play a bit of guitar, though I doubt I will be able to fit one in my suitcase. I might bring my harmonica, but I will practise it a bit before I do, so that I don't come along hardly knowing how to play it and sounding awful.

19. arron87

arron87 New Member

I play several instruments, though I will only have a pair of sticks and a drum pad with me as the drums are my first instrument and I will not abandon practicing them, not even for Disney.
    I have attached an old photo of me which may get some laughs.
    [/quote]

My first program I was there for a year and I pretty much had to give up playing for the whole time! Absolutely sucked! I was even looking into buying an electric kit out there but instead I just bought some amazing cymbals so when I got home I had a mint kit to look forward to. . . I think this time though Ill probably do something similar to you, buy some pads or something. . I cant stop playing for a year again, itll ruin me! haha

Somebody mentioned about starting a band, that would be pretty sweet! there would literally be no reason why one couldnt be started except for the impracticality of a drum kit. though us drummers could all chip in and buy an electric kit? haha.

ps im definately seeing more bands when im back out, I saw NFG and Senses Fail at house of blues in 2007 and it was amazing! Warped Tour 2010 is something i definately want to see

20. arron87

arron87 New Member

Sorry i messed up the quoting on the last post. . Im sure youll work it out! ;D