Food Shopping

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimbobdaga, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

Hey guys!

have just read that all and got hungry! lol.

my list will be lots of fruit, (i love it) fresh orange juice, either patatos or really good chips (fries :p ) and fresh fish so i can show my room mates wot we r all supposed to eat over here! lol.

Also gonna get oreos, they better sell proper tea! oh... and muffins and beagels for mornings! lol.

Can see me using ths gym a lot over there!  hehe

Bry

2. PixieDust

PixieDust New Member

Beaver tails are an absolutely wonderful pastry that's best eaten with mittens on while you're skating on the canal in Ottawa!!!

You can get them with a variety of toppings, the original being with...ohhhh let me remember it right, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice (do I have the Kilaloe(sp?) Sunrise right Sheena????it's been months since I've had one!)  Some people get them with garlic and cheese, which turns it into more of a meal, other people have them with a chocolate spread!!!

They're just a little piece of heaven and the perfect compliment to a winter day!!!

@Sheena - I can't wait to try homemade tails!!!  I'll bring the cinnamon!

Charlene

3. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

Kilaloe Sunrise are sooooo good my Favorite flavor/topping....next is the chocolate.. My familys home made one are awesome almost the same as the ones on the canal....Charlene you'll love em for sure, will keep us a bit closer to home! all we need is a canal now lol hmmmm that might not work!

Beaver Tail Party.....well since there isnt a beavertails at disney anymore you all cant try it so i want to bring a little pice of Winter Canadianna to everyone.....so why not have everyone over for a bunch of them!

Sheena

4. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Sounds yummy. Whats the pastry like? big small?

5. Anika

Anika New Member

Sounds great! ;D But that´s probably s.th. typically Canadian, isn´t it?  ;) I never heard of that before!  :)
    Why are they called "beaver tails"? ???

6. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

they sound devine 'licks lips' :D

7. OttawaChikky

OttawaChikky New Member

you can make em as big as you want, its a light pastry i cant think of anything really similar to it though......there called beavertails because they are an oval shape and are flat (looks like a beavers tail)

Sheena

8. Anika

Anika New Member

Yes, now I can imagine how they look like! ;)

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

no more talking about food..im so hungry lol....actually no keep talking!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxx :) ;) ;D ;D ;D

10. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

am looking forward to one of them! Everyone should bring some food typical of their country (depending on wot food they'll let us bring into country!)

Wot for the uk? Tea bags? Cadbury chocolate? lol

Bry

11. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

and i believe beaver tails are COVERED in sugar.....*barf*

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

guess u dont like sugar......anyway......shopping list...hmmm i think i shal get sum carrot cake...its so tasty over there!!! yum :p

13. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

If I remember correctly, she can't have it

14. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

ooo....i see!! ;D

15. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

aww jim u remembered!! how sweeet! hahha

16. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

You should go to the Norwegian pavilion and buy som "Freia Melkesjokolade", best there is. Translates - Freia Milkchocolate

17. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

OOOOPS, the above message was meant for Anika, must have hit the Reply buttom instead of the quote button.

18. Anika

Anika New Member

Milchschokolade! Yummy... ;D

I´m a total chocolate freak...unfortunately... ::) :-\
    but it´s just so good! ;D

19. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Mostly because you started a thread about it. I’m not a stalker or anything.

20. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol@stalker of the boards...watch out for himmm!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

lol :D