Eurovision!! lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *Laura*, May 21, 2005.

1. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

What was the deal with the dutch host though? His accent was unmistakeable, its very obvious he was dutch. I know a really horrible, annoying, nerdy dutch guy that sounds just like the host, so I had to sit all night with an image of him in my head... NICE My sis thought he sounded American, but I know a bad dutch accent when I hear it!

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Lol had a fantastic evening last night! We watched the whole thing- with a drinking game! We all picked our 5 favourites and every time our countries got a vote, we took a sip of drink. Fortunately I picked 3 of the top 5 so I got rather tipsy last night!!!
    Charlotte x

3. Anika

Anika New Member

Good, I didn´t do that kind of drinkin´ game myself...I knew Greece would win...Man, I would have been drunk... ;D

4. halifaxboy

halifaxboy New Member

I always seem to end up watching it but not for the music! like to see which country have the best lookin ladies! this year gotta be the 3 blonde bosnians, the red haired russian and the all girl rock group who I have no idea which country they were from!

Terry Wogan makes the whole show worth watching tho he's hilarious! that woman presenting 'shreek' as he called her was sooooooo annoying!!

I wanted Moldova to win tho just for the granny with the big drum!! lol

5. Anika

Anika New Member

yeah, the drum lady was funny ;D

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

they reminded me of the red hot chilli peppers..........slightly ;D ;D

xx

7. Anika

Anika New Member

Yeah totally! The guy´s haircut! ;D

And the other rock band was trying to imitate Kiss. :D

8. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol..i know...was very amusing and entertaining ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

x :Dx

9. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i love watching eurovision - only because i can't stop laughing through the whole thing - Terry Wogan is a legend!

I voted - Israel, Moldova (Granny was fab, catchy song - i caught myself mumbling Granny beat the drum this morning!) Greece, and Switzerland.

Couldnt help but notice the 4 bottom countries were (i think) Spain, UK, Germany, and France - the 4 big countries in Europe - nothing to do with politics is it!

Loved the bbc 3 show afterwards - the scottish guys were funny, and i couldnt stop laughing at Wig wham - how may drinks had they had! who was that blond lady sitting on the sofa chatting with everyone?

Javine sang brilliantly considering she was ill - she deserved to get more points, and i loved her song - i just hope the papers don't do a Gemini and start blaming her for a poor scoring.

10. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

oh by the way thanks to Ireland, Malta, Cyprus and Turkey for saving our skins - but i hyave to say even that makes a lot of sense -
    Ireland - Neighbours
    Malta and Cyprus - Big Uk influence and connections
    Turkey - song was kinda turkish

Without them we wud have the famous nil poi - or however u say it!

11. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

I loved that, they were practicul;ly ripping it down! And the presenter was like ummm wat now - he was just wandering around until he caught the lady - wats her name - masha? or was that the guys name?

12. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

totally agree with you there goldy

still reackon we should have got way more points then that.

our famous nil poi -

cry cry baby, you lie to be baby, must have been crazy, baby by by

oh no i still remeber the word arggggggghhhhh

13. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

well, the song was addictive - and i do think it would have done better if

a - it was sung by people that could actually sing
    b - wasnt that the year that we tony blair started all the trouble in Iraq? Political stuff (again)

so basicully we had no chance! why did we even bother!

14. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

Tony blair as per usall.

whats great about the UK is that no matter how bad we do we are always garanteed automatic entry into the following years consest.

cause without the UK and the vast amount od capital we put into it there wouldn't be a eurovision

go UK lol

15. Anika

Anika New Member

Yeah like Germany. We always enter the following contest, because we spend a lot of money on it. I guess the UK really does the same thing.

16. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

ok, now i am an official Eurovision Geek! My friend has lent me her Eurovision CD from this year, and i have just loaded it onto my computer and was singing and dancing along to granny beat her drum - I don't even know what I was singing! So its now fully loaded onto media player so i think im goinmg to be hearing a lot more of eurovision this year!

ok i can't believe i just addmited all of the above! :eek: :-[ :( :( :eek:

17. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

lol, at least u didn't buy the cd like ur mate ;D ;D ;D ;D

18. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

well, yeah, but she got it off her dad - who actually went to the contest, and on the plane home was siitting behind Javine, and sitting next to her sister!

19. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

20. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i was actaully gutted! :eek: wat is with me at the mo!