DUN DUN DUN! the waiting list thread

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by fleur_charms, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

heyy! im guessing no-one has heard anything or else it'd probably be on here!
    I hope it's soon and that we'll all get to spend the summer together!
    x

2. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

Not heard anything here, hopefully not much longer.
    xx

3. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

My friend had her telephone interview today and they said that the summer programme was full up and that they are only offering 6 month programmes out or something

So maybe if your not successful on the normal programme then you might get offered the 6 month programme

4. MissMouse1990

MissMouse1990 New Member

my friend also had a telephone interview today and they told her she will hear in the next 2 weeks (uk)
    But she is doing a 6 month programme so i dunno if thats what they have left sort of thing :D x

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I thought that the 6 month program was part of the academic exchange? as in... you can't do it unless its part of your course or something? dunno...

6. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Yeah I think it is, unless they're introducing a new program!

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

lol they better not be! unless I can do it as a graduate!!

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I know, I wanna go for 6 months!!!

9. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yeah that's the Academic Exchange one, and you can only do that if you are in certain universities. They used to do a 6 month graduate program, for graduates of specific courses (including mine!), but they've stopped that now :(
    The summer program is full in that new people can't apply, but our names are still on the waiting list so there is still a tiny chance that a few of us may get on - the earlier dates seem to have spaces judging by the emails that were sound round last week.

10. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

i just had a call... GOOD LUCK everyone!

11. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

saying what?

12. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

lol, tease!

13. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

im going...did anyone get in?x

14. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

I havent heard anything. Not had a phone call or email.
    This doesnt fill me with hope!
    xx

15. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

me neither lol. what date did you get? what did they say on the phone? tell all! lol x

16. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

Ive just emailed them to see if theyve had many places become available, ill see if they reply tomoro. Ive given them some more dates i can do. Found out my uni exams will be finished by the end of may so ive said that i can do any date in june, not just the 20th which id told them.
    I know tons of ppl wanted the 20th of june.
    xx

17. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

did they get back to you? x

18. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

Not yet, had no reply :(
    xx

19. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I wonder whats going on. So far, we know of one person whose been given a yes and the rest of us are totally in the dark lol. I'm dreading it cause its Friday not so if we don't hear in the next hour or so we'll almost certainly have to wait atleast the weekend, at the least.
    Did you do the programme last year? As we know the person who got a yes did it last year, so this may be something to do with Disney deciding who they want. x

20. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

Just in case she doesn't get a chance to answer and I want to put you all out of your guessing game a bit.....

She did the programme last year, flying out on the 20th.

They were really really strict on alumni this year so maybe they are now giving them a chance?

Love love xx

P.S Good Luck I hope you all hear soon, at least to put you out of your misery, if not theres always next year and that means an extra year of saving! :)