DUN DUN DUN! the waiting list thread

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by fleur_charms, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Thanks for that :)
    I'm not sure if I'll apply again, it's a bit awkward because I have to spend my third year abroad and the summers either side I will probably still be in France/Spain or sorting things out, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to. If I apply again it'll probably be my fourth year :(
    I know what you mean about life being on hold. They keep saying to look at other YJ opportunities but I didn't apply to spend my summer somewhere else, I applied because I've always wanted to work for Disney. I applied to Paris after I got put on the waiting list but they don't take summer staff in the same numbers as Florida so I'm not sure if I'll hear from them. I hope we hear soon!

2. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Hmmm, they said they were going to contact them before Christmas, so Disney musn't of made a decision yet. Don't know if thats a good or bad thing lol.
    I probably would apply next year, I only applied this year as practice for next year as my CV was so limited and I throught I wouldn't even get past the phone interview.

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I didn't even get the email back in Dec saying about waiting til Jan to hear... but I emailed YJ the other day just saying when should we expect to hear by and they said i should have got the email...but it just said to wait til the end Jan kind of thing.

The waiting is horrible.

I really think that the places were sooo limited this year.I did it last year,and its gutting to think i might not be able to go back!
    But I just think, they had to see how many they could take on and there must be some kind of logic to it. There are a few roles that were on the list,that I haven't seen anyone on here with...maybe thats a coincidence,but maybe they're waiting to see about such roles.

I've spoken to people who were in this position last year(but from different countries) who got told they were on a waiting list(a bit different to us just being 'still considered' ) and they said they got in, but they found out pretty soon after.

I really hope that Disney will have finished the majority of recruiting around the world and stuff,and will consider us.

I don't want to be negative,but i'm expecting a No.but at the same time,theres a part of me that is like pleaaase do this,I just don't want to be like it's fine,and then get told,sorry it's a no....its going to be horrible!

But I recommend to you all,don't lose faith,it's such an amaaaaazing opportunity,and if you can, deffinately apply next year.

i'm really hoping that something will come up for us all.
    and there is a reason you're all 'still being considered' they obviously want you,but just maybe the economy and limited roles etc

I am keeping everything crossed for us all and like you've said, I hope that we can all get in,and it won't just be one or two.
    Well done for getting this far everyone and i'm remaining hopeful!

xxx

4. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ahh i wish there was something I could do to make us all get in!!

5. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I wonder when they well let us know, whatever the outcome. I would email Yummy but don't want to seem a pain :|, are they doing a waiting list for other countries this year? Or just the UK?

6. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Well Canadians should be hearing this month about having interviews in February/March (their recrutiment happens quite a bit later than ours). So I guess we won't know about other waiting lists until they've had theirs all sorted.

7. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Ahhh want it to be over. I know they put Housekeeping down as a role but does anyone ever actually get that? Not heard of anyone getting that ???

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

One of my room-mates last year did Housekeeping. She was from Taiwan though.
    Don't know if anyone from the UK had it.

Don't give up hope guys -I'm sure you'll hear soon! :)
    xx

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yeah 2 of my housemates in my apartment in 2008 were doing housekeeping but they were from barbados...

10. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Hey, I got into the ICP but one of my friends has just booked her telephone interview for the 18th.

So I was thinking they will give you guys clearence to go before then!

They will have to..cos they will have to make room for the new interviewees :)

11. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

New interviews in the uk?!?! x

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

just got an email from yummy for all the june 20th people which said that if we hadn't booked our flight yet then there was "limited availability" to change date and go earlier... now I can't do this and I have booked my flight anyway - but surely this means there are some spaces for the earlier dates so all is not lost for you guys!!! good luck!!

13. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Aww well thats good to know some people will get in. Tbh I don't think I'll get in if theres only limited availability lol, I reckon I'm near the bottom of the list ha ha. I just hope I get an answer soon, no matter what that answer it.

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

they sent us that email last year, saying if we wanted to go on an earlier date let them know.
    I hope some people will take this up and we get to go!

15. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yeah I can only go on the 20th, which was one of the reasons I wasn't sure if I'd get in because it's the most popular. I wish exams finished sooner :(
    Also, the YJ site says this, so they can't still be interviewing here:

"We are currently accepting applications from those studying full time in university in Canada.

Deadline for the Summer 2010 Program will be January 15th, 2010.

Please note that we have now completed recruitment in the UK."

16. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Did anyone change their date last year?

17. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Not that I know of.... none of my friends did,but i'm sure theyasked us later on,so by that time most had booked flights etc!

I doubt many people will change theirs....but some might :)!

I wonder how many people are waiting.

I really hope we hear soon, i'm keeping everything crossed for all of us!!!

18. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

How long do you think itll be till we hear now then?

19. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

I keep forgettin to log onto the discussion to see whos wrote lol.
    I wonder if the waiting list is in order of who they most want to get a place, to least. But i suppose this would be a lot of hassle.
    If we do get in, flights are gonna be more expensive lol
    I can only go on the 20th too, i dont have my uni exam timetable so i dont know when im free. My uni doesnt officially end till 26th but luckily they still considered me.
    I wasnt telling most of my family that id applied for this incase i didnt get in then i didnt have to say i didnt get in, but my mom blabbed so everytime i see them they ask about it.
    Well the decision shouldnt be too much longer cause they said it would be by end of jan and thats in 3 weeks.
    Have got my fingers crossed for us all.
    Debbie
    xx

20. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

me tooo, i really hope its a yes for all of us!
    there must be a reason its taking so long and stuff....
    and people have waited before and got in,so lets just pray that the same will happen for all of us :)
    xx