DUN DUN DUN! the waiting list thread

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by fleur_charms, Dec 2, 2009.

1. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

I know what you mean, after coming all this way i cant see people deciding to decline it. It was a bit dissapointed when i got the email about being on the waiting list, i know it means they still want us but i wanna know what ill be doing next year, not wait and hear a few months before it starts. I wonder how many people they have on the waiting list.
    I only put 3 choices down, but thats realistically all i wanted to do. And i thought my interview went ok, im a cast member at disney store so had lots to speak about. Ah well, cant keep obsessing over it haha.

2. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

I go to uni in Aberystwyth -- on Facebook you can find my with my real (and scarily complicated) name: Roberto Sarrionandia.

Maybe search Roberto Sarrionandia Aberystwyth.

3. tito2502

tito2502 New Member

That's right! We had a staff social paint-balling there last summer.

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I'm from Wales too, I'm in Cardiff at the moment :)
    I emailed to add some roles too, but I'd put most of them down before anyway so there wasn't much to add. I really want to work for Disney after university so I just really want to get over there.

5. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Are all of you guys in your first year at uni? And is this your first time applying?

6. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

im in final year (3rd), yeah its my first time applying.

7. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I'm in my first year, but I'm studying languages so I'll spend my third year and the summers before and after in France/Spain, so I can't really apply again until my last year :(

8. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

I'm first year. don't let the threat die!

9. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Sorry to be annoying haha... im fron west wales. I went to Coleg Aberystwyth. And next time you lot go paintballing go to Cardigan Bay Gokarting and paintballing Centre near Aberaeron... Thats our place.... alot better :p hehe

10. nattykate89

nattykate89 New Member

does anyone who has done this before or anyone at all that can help know what our chances of getting a job are on the reservation list????????

11. Danielle

Danielle New Member

This is the first year they've done it in the UK so I'm not sure, but they did it for the Canadians last year I think, so no-one can really tell. Just depends how many people Disney need and how many people turn the job down. Some people apply for more than one summer program/camp so there's still a small chance I guess.

12. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Yummy jobs have added this onto their website on the ICP page..

"We are currently accepting applications from those studying full time in university in Canada.

Deadline for the Summer 2010 Program will be January 15th, 2010.

Please note that we have now completed recruitment in the UK"

13. ariella

ariella New Member

That won't have anything to do with the waiting list or your chance of getting offered a role. All that means is Yummy Jobs will not be doing any more interviews for the 2010 program.

You still have the chance of going down there this summer, I know it might be weird to think who would turn down a chance to go to Disney but sometimes things come up and people have no choice but to drop out before their program start date. Also, more roles could become available, it happened to me last summer :).

14. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Yeah I know a few people who have turned down roles, and some people may not have accepted on time or not got their CRBs in on time. I'm not sure when we'll hear about it though, I was told before Christmas/New Year but I'm assuming YJ have finished until January now.

15. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

Have you heard anything since the last email saying they would tell us by the end of Jan?
    Personally I don't think they will take anymore people on but my dad thinks they will. Hard to say really. Does anyone know of anyone who originally got told to wait but then got asked to work there?

16. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Nope I haven't heard anything either, just that email in December about waiting til the end of January. I don't know anyone else on the waiting list other than us lot on here, so no :(

17. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

What do you think Danielle? Reckon it'll be a yay or nay? Lol.
    I can't believe people would turn it down, but I dunno really, spose theres a lot of things to take into account.
    What I wonder is if they actually said no to anyone? Or did everyone who didn't get in get put on the waiting list?

18. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I really don't know, I hope we get in!!
    Apparently my friend knows someone who got a straight rejection so they must have said no to some people. A few people will have applied to numerous summer programs and have to choose which one to go on, and some probably price things up and realise they'd rather not spend money on flights and the rest of it, so I reckon there's still hope!
    I wonder if they'll only let us all in, or if we've been put in some sort of order? I suppose it'll be according to role availability too.
    Thanks for the Facebook add by the way ;D

19. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

No prob lol.
    Theres prob an order tbh, I'm guessing they know which people they want more than others, just based on the fact that there is a waiting list in the first place.
    I'm not hopeful at all but I hope they let us know sooner rather than later lol

20. debbie593

debbie593 New Member

I emailed yummy jobs when they told me i got put on the waiting list, ill post the email below.

'It was really, really tough competition for the summer programs; the
    standards were SO high from so many and it was a tough job for Disney to
    make those decisions.

There were three outcomes after the interviews: applicants who were
    offered a role, applicants who were not, and those whom Disney is still
    considering for a role as is the case for you. Being considered means
    that you did well; however there are limited places and so many did
    excellently. Your details are on hold in case there is a chance of other
    positions being offered and you would be contacted immediately should
    this occur. Disney were happy with so many of the applicants that they
    didn't want to say a flat "no" if there was still the possibility that
    they could find further places for you.

We will ask for an update from Disney before the Christmas break on
    timelines for notifying people in this situation, and will update you
    accordingly.'

So i guess the people they really wanted were a yes, the people they wanted but behind the others were a 'lets see if we can fit them on' and then some people were a no.
    I just want to know either way now, it says not to put your life on hold for it but it feels like thats what im doing. lol.
    Are you guys gonna apply again if you dont get it?
    Its my final year of uni so i cant.
    Debbie
    xx