Disney Packs - yes the wait is over, they are finally here :D

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by *PennyCrayon*, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I Wouldn't worry Charl!I think it'll be ok? email yummy jobs explaining...which I guess you probably have.
    I'm sure it'll be fine, as long as they get it! Yummy may have just wanted a copy though.x

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

hmm I guess it'll be ok. I would be annoyed but my tutor is so so nice so I can't get annoyed at her lol.

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

My pack arrived at home - my dad photocopied everything, then forwarded it to me (I don't trust the royal mail at the moment after my tax disc for my car didn't arrive on time....) so I should have it tomorrow! :)
    Yummy didn't say anything to me about needing another letter even though uni doesn't finish till June 26th - hope they're not going to be funny about it later.... although I might have attached another sheet of paper saying I would be finished (not official tho...) it's so long ago now.... i forget....

when do people think they're going to go down for visas?
    xx

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I really dont know when to go down for mine, i was going to see when others are going, i have a week off in april and week off in may which i am able to go down, i dont really want to wait until the beginning of june. Does anyone else have an idea when they are going down? I am hoping to book today, would be nice if i knew someelse was going at the saem time, hehe.

5. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I haven't had my pack yet, i'm in the same situation as Charlotte. So i'm waiting to get that before I sort it all out,but yes I agree it'd be cool to go in a group or something! xx

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am hoping to have my appointment on april 15th. but i will tell use when i have a confirmed appointment. I have said to mark if he wishes to join me down to london and anyone else would be very much appreciated, i have never been to london so going myself is very dauting.

7. CharlotteSparkle

I've gotta wait for my pack dude!! Emailed Alexis who says my letter going to WDW is no problem, woop woop! Should have pack pretty soon methinks.

Not sure when I'll be going to London, depends how long my pack takes to arrive. Probs won't go til May though.

8. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I have faxed my acceptence letter and filled in the CBRC and sent the cheque to Yummy so thats out of the way. Thinking of doing Visa stuff on sunday. I'm waiting to know when my American exam is to book my Visa appointment but if I can I'll try and make it the same date as you Leom - going to London is very daunting by yourself so it would be nice to have some company ;D If you don't mind of course!

9. CharlotteSparkle

dudes, you are all so far ahead of me!! Think I'm gonna go to London with my sister and see a show :D Make a mini holiday out of it hehe.

I'd advise to book an early appointment...when I got my visa for camp america, i had an 8am appointment and was in and out within an hour. People who went in the afternoon were there 4 hours I think!! Take a book!!

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Found out my exam dates today, so think I'll go down near the end of april/start of may

It's very confusing though, and I don't have all my old passports so I don't know all the dates I've been to america!
    May go for a later appointment tho, so I've enough time to get there in the morning - can't really afford a hotel :(
    although if I came from home I'd have an earlier appointment.....
    hmmmm....
    anyone want to come with??

Oh and Leom - what train service would you go down on? West coast or east coast? If you came down the west coast on a convenient date for me I could get on the same train!

xx

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I booked my appointment, its on april 15th. Im not getting the train down, im flying down katie, sorry.

Im hoping my friend mark will be on the same day as well, we can all be in london, party!

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Ah well - was just a thought...
    although april 15th I'll still be at home anyways!
    Can you book the appointment then? I thought we had to wait for some form to arrive through the post first.... (though all the forms are confusing me....)
    xx

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

No, as long as you have paid and printed off your SEVIS fee receipt you are free to book your appointment.

All i need now is to send off my CRB with my cheque and fax away my acknowledgment

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK - who do we send the cheque to? and is it £55?
    I posted my acknowledgement home this morning for mum to fax for me :)
    When do we have to do the other visa form after the SEVISy one? Cos I don't think I can do that one yet until I get my old passport through (or someone's on the other end of the phone...)

Thought I might go and see HSM3 tonight, just for the experience to say I've seen it (I'm not their biggest fan - but it is only £2!)
    xx

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hehe.

What other form, you have the CRB form to fill out.

Yea, the cheque is to be sent to yummyjobs and yea its £55.

I need to find a fax machine somewhere, thats the one thing im struggling with.

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I thought after the initial form there was another form we had to fill in to actually apply for our visa?
    xx

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

OK - I reread the instructions on Yummy for visas and we have to:
    1) Complete form DS-156 online (that's the one I was confused about!)
    2) Males aged 16-45 complete DS-157 as well
    3) Complete DS-158
    4) Pay visa application fee of $131 (may be done at time of booking appointment)
    5) Make sure passport is valid for entire duration
    6) Obtain colour photo (details on yummy jobs)
    7) Pay SEVIS fee ($35)
    8) Something to do with going to London and what to bring.... something about £14 I think
    9) Get another letter from the University about term dates, if program starts before end of term, stating studies will have finished by then

So that's what we hav to do!
    I have paid my SEVIS fee, now to do the rest....
    xx

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, i need to fill the online forms in, ill do that during the week when i have a min.

19. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Whoop just booked my appointment! April 15th at 12.30pm!!! Excited but nervous at the same time. Am wondering whether to break the ice with a tap dance..... perhalps not :p

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Woohoo, ill see you there then penny.