Disney ICP 2012

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by TalkingDug, Feb 6, 2011.

1. AnnieInWonderland

AnnieInWonderland New Member

Heeey guys!

I desperately want to apply for this programme looks amazing! me and another friend have been looking into it and have decided we're going for it! Only thing I'm worried about is flying!

Excessive amount of exclamation marks there but it looks amazing :)

Im a bit confused though when it comes to creating an account on the yummy jobs website. When it comes to the part where it asks you to upload your CV i'm not sure whether we put a cover letter on it about Disney or whether we send one later on when applying for the job? I'd be soo so grateful if someone could help me out! thanks :)

xxx

2. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Hey everyone!

I'm so excited to be applying for Disney ICP 2012 (January intake)! I've filled in the online application form, and going to put in my passport on friday.

I only hope it's not too late though! I only found out about this program last week. So glad I did! :)

3. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Hey guys!
    I cant wait to apply for the ICP in September. Mega excited!! :D I'm totally nervous though, particularly about the phone interview (any tips on how to survive would be helpful ;) ) Just hope they see how much I want this and put me on the programme! Can't wait to get back to sunny Florida!! 8) does anyone know what the start dates are yet? Because my exams at uni should finish around the 9th June but my course doesn't actually finish until 22nd ish. I don't know whether I will actually have to stay though :-\ Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position?
    xx

4. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Hey does anyone know what date we can start applying for this from? :D

5. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

It says 1st September on the yummy jobs website :D only problem is I'm actually in Disneyworld until the 10th :D :D exciteddd!!

6. Piglet

Piglet New Member

cool i'm in New York for my 21st! yay for us :p lol It's ok tho u can apply anytime, i didn't apply till like October last time and i still managed to get in, u don't seem to have very long to apply though before they're full :eek:

7. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Oh cool XD actually can't wait now! So have you been on the ICP before?

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Yeh i did it last year, tbh i absolutely hated my job! Not gunna lie but i couldn't wait to finish and go home haha but the things despite the job like days off exploring Florida, nights out in American night clubs, interesting people like no1 in England lol, Florida Mall & Cast parties that no1 else can goto were just such amazing experiences that the job itself is just one downside against many good times! A lot of people there loved their jobs and i was just unfortunate enough to spend most days flipping burgers and cooking fries! But this time i know i won't accept a job in food so hopefully i might like the job, if not then i will still enjoy the other things :p I really miss being there and every so often i have dreams that i'm still there, its really freaky but i must miss the atmosphere so much it's haunting my dreams! :eek: It's definitely unforgettable though, you'll love it! You wouldn't think you could make so many friends in just 2 months but i actually met more over there than i have at uni lol

9. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

i live in Australia and i FINALLY sent in all my completed forms today to STB (the Australian representative).
    I'm sooo excited, I really hope I get in!

10. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Good luck! make sure you let us all know how it goes! :D

11. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

Hi,

Going to be applying this september but i wondered if anyone knows about start dates?
    The start dates I have read on here seem t be the end of June. Is there start dates available at the end of may/start of June? I go to Uni in scotland and we have semesters so finish up on like the 20th May.

Thanks.

ps. Does anyone have links to a blog of someone doing Custodial? I really want a custodial position (weird yeah!) but i would like to read about someone else's experience :)

12. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Hey, I believe that this year the start dates were something like May 1st, May 25th, May 31st and June 19th.

13. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

Applications from Canada are open now!!!! :D
    I won't be applying today just because I haven't had time to get everything ready yet, but hopefully I will apply in the next few days!!!! It's kind of frightening but also wonderful!

14. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Hi Everyone,
    Im applying in September as soon as they start to accept applications. I cannot wait, its just so exciting. If I get on the program I would be absolutely over the moon.

What jobs is everyone applying for? My first option is Attractions then Merchandise ;D!

15. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

Hi! My first choice is also Attractions! Followed by Character Performer, then Merchandise, and I haven't figured out the order after that yet. But really, I would be super happy and lucky to be doing any of them! (Except for Lifeguarding because I'm not properly trained and I was always bad at swimming)

16. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

Hey guys!

September just seems so far away! I wont be applying as soon as I can though as I'll be on holiday (Including a day at DLP :D).

My First choice would be Custodial then Hotel/bell servies (if its offered this year, I work pretty high up in a hotel here and I love the resorts so much!) and basically anything with high guest interaction!

Where would you guys like to be placed? I'd LOVE epcot/HS or if it was a hotel beach/yacht club maybe corando springs as I love the conferencing as thats what I do!

17. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

I really would like to be on the Tower of Terror, because I love that attraction and the Twilight Zone and the costumes are really cool. However, A LOT of people want that, and I really doubt that I would get it. I would also like anywhere in Adventureland, Fantasyland, or Main Street, or DinoLand USA (unlike most people, I actually would like wearing those crazy dinosaur pants! I know they're not flattering but they are really cool!). There are also some things I wouldn't like so much... ie, Stitch's Great Escape because it's annoying. But even if I got something I didn't like so much I would still be happy because at least I got into the program! I can't believe that I will be applying in the next few days!

18. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

Carissa- Stitches great escape isn't that bad because you also get to work Astro and People Mover/TTA.
    For most attractions you work several of them example stitch + Astro + TTA, Dumbo+Snow white, tea cups + pooh, Pan + Small World etc. etc. Space is it's own "complex" or "side" as are a couple other ones.

19. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

I guess that wouldn't be so bad. It still wouldn't be my favourite but I would be fine with it.

20. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

I dont really mind where I'm placed as long as I get on the program. I'd prefer not to be in Magic Kingdom though because of the times it closes but if im placed there never mind.

Where would you all like to be housed? I really like the look of Pattersons Court :)