Disney help...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, Jan 6, 2010.

1. kidangel

kidangel New Member

This is tinkithink's Mama with a few clarifications. Please keep in mind that what I can tell you for sure all relates to Summer 2008- there's no guarantee that rules/policies haven't changed since then.

You can't book a Cast discount until you have your Cast ID and access to the Hub. Trust me on this one.

Friends and Family (FF)discounts for Disney hotels generally run 30-45% depending on season, availability, whether or not the Cast member is staying in the room, etc. They work the same way as regular Disney discounts do - a certain number of rooms at any given hotel are designated for FF discounts and when they're gone, they're gone. (although sometimes Cast services can convince CRO to open up another room. SOMETIMES.)

During the summer, the least expensive rooms can be found from about mid-August onward (coincides with Disney's Value season). It will be hardest to get discounts during July, especially near 4th July.

BUT

There are sometimes additional Cast Member Specials, advertised through the Hub to CMs only. This is how we got very, very lucky. I had actually reserved a FW cabin with FF discount, and then two weeks before we went they released the special. The special was 50% off the dining plan. When I called to add the DP, I asked about any better deals, and discovered a FURTHER CM only discount of 60% off Carribean Beach resort. At the time, the main pool was under rehab at CBR, so they were having trouble filling it and using such deep discounts to entice FF to stay there. So we got 60% off two rooms at CBR and 50% off the dining plan.

If you find that you are not comfortable making the booking arrangements on your own, they will talk with your parents, with your permission. And the rooms can be booked with your parents' credit card, in your name. You do have to be present at check-in. (lovely tinkithink had us all checked in by the time we arrived!)

I don't know about timeline requirements, since we never seem to be able to figure out what we're doing more than three weeks ahead of time anyway.

And once you're checked in, you're treated like any other guest.

Hope this helps!