Disney Engagements?! Awee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

which of you lucky ladies is going to snap up this catch?
    he's lee, 21, from ashford. he says he likes partying, bee keeping, and long walks on the beach
    [​IMG]

2. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I can change ladies. I'm a gentleman really and not a drunk.lol

3. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

you can be both! i'm a gentleman until i'm drunk, then while i try to be a gentleman i am hindered by spilling drinks etc
    i can't change :(

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

I think we've just killed this thread.lol

5. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, good work boys!

Has anyone else seen He's just not that into you? One of the guys in it makes a pretty good point. He points out that someone you marry is truly your best friend, but you don't need to pay the state/province $50 to get a friendship certificate for all your friends, so why should marriage be any different? lol

6. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ya i saw that movie last night.

part of me was all "YA!! that's so true la la la who needs marriage"

but then the larger part of me still wants an engagement and a wedding....

and mattsource5 and Disney Dude

I actually laughed out loud at your lil convo :p

7. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Whoa!!!!!! Spoiler alert!!!! haha, too late I guess.

No, I would agree, I would want all that too. It's a priceless moment, well worth the $50 or whatever, plus the tens of thousands for the wedding... :-\

8. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

sorrry!! i am THE WORST for that..

all taken care of now!!

a wedding doesnt need to be huge.. lol

9. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I don't even want a big wedding. I'm a weirdo, huh? :D

10. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

no i agree.. i a wedding doesnt need to be this SUPER big thing and you invite the kid that sat next to you in high school biology..

but i would stilll like one... :)

11. Tickee

Tickee New Member

My husband and I met back in 2002 while both on the WDWIP. We were visiting for the first time since we had left in 2006 and he had decided that it would be a great opportunity to pop the question. So after a day of stomping around MK, we went over to the Polynesian Resort for dinner. While waiting for our reservation time to come up we took a walk to the end of the boat dock. That's where it happened. While sitting on a bench, with the castle across the water. It couldn't have been more perfect and romantic.

Although we didn't get married in WDW we did bring a little piece of magic to our wedding with a little creativity.

12. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

awwwww

congrats!!!

13. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Your future husbands will LOVE if you don't want a huge wedding, their wallets will thank you too! Unless they're like some crazy wedding obsessed men, who I've seen when one of my roomates watches TLC, who think about their wedding even more than girls do.

Tickee, that is a lovely story... also, is that an ice sculpture of Spaceship earth?!?

14. Tickee

Tickee New Member

It is indeed. It was slightly melted once that photo was taken (it was a HOOOOOT day) but it was the only photo I had here at work.

15. sarah*86

sarah*86 New Member

I want to get married in Vegas but i think a proposal in wdw would be lovely.

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

That is so cool!!! It even has the wand and everything! I want one!

17. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I just got back from seeing He's Just Not That Into You and also loved the point about paying for a friend certificate. BUT since I'm a hopeless romantic, I was a little teary when he proposed at the end (even though I knew it was coming)

18. *minnie**mouse*

*minnie**mouse* New Member

Are ice sculptures really popular for weddings in Canada? Thats the second wedding pic I've seen there with one and they look so extravagant.

And no Helen, you're not strange. Like me you'd rather spend more on the Honeymoon :D

19. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

or you can have a tiny wedding, a weekend in tenby for a honeymoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenby) and then invest for a rainy day.

haha i'm kidding, i want a big wedding. again, i don't care what my wife wants. i've also got the kids' names planned, and as previously mentioned, it will be in wales. but surely that's not too much to ask? ;)

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, what a strange thing to say matt, you have your kids names picked out, lmao. I know i want two kids at the most, all depending on what my wife wants.

I want a disney wedding, if not that then a hawaiian wedding, hehe.