Custodial

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by yay-disney, Dec 4, 2009.

1. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

see i told you four people was not a far of dream lol

2. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Yeeeeeooooo - im makin dreams come true already! I am amazin! Jokies! Does this mean most of custodial will be poeple from diff countries?

3. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Found this on some website - the top 10 reasons why custodial is the best job ever!

10. Sunshine
    9. Babe watching
    8. You never have a short cash drawer
    7. A great tan - whilst getting paid
    6. No need to repeat a script ad nauseum ("Please move all the way to the center of the theater, to allow room for everyone", "Please step away from the monorail door", "Please remember that flash photography is prohibited during the presentation").
    5. Guests never ask you to do exchanges.
    4. Everytime guest comments about how clean the park is, they're acknowledging ur work.
    3. You get to see the parade and fireworks whenever you want, even while working.
    2. You go to sleep every night knowing you helped the Earth by recycling.
    1. You are paid to get a great tan, while smiling, answering guest inquiries, recycling and babe watching.

Sounds likewe're in for a pretty tough summer! LOL ;)

4. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Oh no how will i manage all that work ;D its going to be so stressful lol.

5. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

No i just think no one wants to admit it. lol

6. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Hey guys Im custodial as well this summer it is gonna be awesome ive done the job before i know what to expect and i cant wait i really wanna go back to my old job in DAK
    couple of pointers first....

7. A great tan - whilst getting paid
    Erm i hate to be the bearer of bad news but you do realise we are gonna have farmer tans because well be in short sleves all day....

3. You get to see the parade and fireworks whenever you want, even while working.
    hell yeah we do, if you get dak you finish earlier than all the others so free more time in the park!!

7. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Hi there - uve done it before - is it reali amazin?
    What do u have to do? Do u be in the one park and one area the whole time?

8. Kevus

Kevus New Member

It will be an amazing summer, and you will have fun with what you do.

I worked at DAK and i was given an area to clean and would walk around that area with a pan and broom sweeping up stuff, and sometimes youll be doing restrooms

9. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

So u wer there the whole time - or did u change parks?

When are you starting?

10. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

FARMER TANS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! shame on us. please say we dont get the sock tans. that would be ultimate cringe. :eek:

11. Disney4ever!

Disney4ever! New Member

Wooh on farmer tans! We cud get small town accents to go with them! How large an area are we given to clean?

12. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

50 miles ;D

13. Disney4ever!

Disney4ever! New Member

Oh my......gonna need a bigger broom! ;D

14. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

you will get what your given and you will be happy with it because Disney says so!!! :mad: lol

15. Disney4ever!

Disney4ever! New Member

.....we're all gonna be given toothbrushes as brooms! Might take a while!

16. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

17. Disney4ever!

Disney4ever! New Member

18. philiprussell1987

philiprussell1987 New Member

Hi guys,

I did custodial this year at Magic Kingdom, if you have any questions then feel free to ask me...my email is philiprussell1987@btinternet.com

Although it is not the most "desirable" job it is a good laugh and too be honest custodial is a job which involves working independtly so you can just walk around the park talking to mates and guests and the amount of "work" you do is very limited. Very hot, sweaty, you will get a good tan and you will end up drinking literally litres of water everyday. Im doing Lifeguard next year so get in touch if you would like any questions or queries answered and I will do my best!

Philip

19. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Ok question, what was the worst part of the job and do you get to talk to many other people that you work with??????

thanks man ;D

20. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Worst part... could be the restrooms, could be the hours... its depends on the park, Mk you could be there til 4am restrooms can be nasty, or recycle sort could be terrible with all th drinks bottles, your trash runs when cans are full is another bad experience. and yeah you do get the chance to chat to others but you have to remember your job is to clean and you might get in trouble for chatting :)