Credit cards SOS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by bussey17, May 16, 2005.

1. Liz

Liz New Member

yeah they aint gonna let me have one coz i don't have an income of over £500 a month :'( Guess i'll av 2 stick with the expensive Barclaycard!!!

Liz xxx

2. SaraC

SaraC New Member

really liz? i dont have that kinda income but they lettin me!

xxx

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i think parents income has something to do with it! it does at halifax anyways!

x

4. Liz

Liz New Member

Ar well i'll go in and see them then 2moro and see if they can send it me asap

Liz xxx

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i dont know if it was any different that i have a nationwide isa and i put my account details down.... so they may think ive saved all that money so ill pay my card, i dont know, who knows how banks work lol

xxx

6. Liz

Liz New Member

Just signed up now online. Says i should get it in around 15days will prob be in Disney then though so i'll have to get my parents to send it on to me! ;D

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

seee there u go hun ;) thats still ok tho if they send it u, i have mine firmly stuck in my purse lol

xxx

8. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

lol cheeky sara ;D

9. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

wouldn't it be better to get a card in dollars? that way the charges don't get rounded in the conversions and stuff?

I got a LloydsTSB one the other week which is for emergencies, like if i need to get home quickly or something. They charge me for using it abroad aswell :(

Bry

10. SaraC

SaraC New Member

well bry we can get a debit with our account we pay our wages into, so that'll do me US wise, otherwise i'd rather keep the cred card, spesh as u get business rate on cred card transactions makin them even cheaper ;)

xxx

11. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

debit card suits me :d me and Mr Visa are great friends :p

12. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i actaully heard from a friend that you are more likely to be accepted for a loan or credit card or something like that if you have a bad credit history - is this true? sorry i have no idea when it comes to credit cards, as i don't have to worry about them yet! im 18 next month, then maybe i will!

Sarah ;D

13. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i dont thik thats rite but im not a 100% on that one?? ;D

14. bussey17

bussey17 New Member

credit cards are stupid i ve got 6 and the only one I use is capital one! there funny i had a £3,000 limit then they boosted it up to £6,000!! Ive got like £21,000 available to me in credit! but for some reason no other companies will allow me to have any more!!! and Nationwide wouldnt even let me have a bank account never mind a god dam credit card!! Its scary having all that money available to you in credit!! but I use the cards for emergiencies and only got them because you never know when you need them in life.

15. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

what is it with nationwide - seriously thwy wont let me hav an account either lol ;D

16. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

wow now thats a big limit..lucky u have control..good job i dont have that..else id be in sum erious debt...well even more so.......damn u uni!!!!!!!!! lol

;D ;D ;Dx

17. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

ahhh us poor students ;D

18. Liz

Liz New Member

i know i dread to think how long its gonna take me 2 pay off a 4 year student loan and overdraft!

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

indeed!!!its a horrible thought i know.....a lot of money..and a lot of hard work too after,to pay all of it all back,..... :'(....lol

:D ;D ;D ;D

20. Liz

Liz New Member

Yep but i wouldnt be workin in disney if i hadnt gone to uni so its all gooooooooood!!!!! ;D ;)