Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mint

mint New Member

that sounds amazing re: Disney Cruise Liner. congrats, and i hope you have the best time in your new role at Disney!! :) and thanks for all the help to us newbies!

2. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yeah, THANK YOU! or as we Scots like to say "Ta Mate!"

3. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

oh wow haha I'm going on a Disney cruise in January actually! Maybe I'll see you around? :p
    What ship will you be on? I'll be on the 3-night Wonder. ;D

4. cowza

cowza New Member

You do six month contracts at a time... if you want to though you could technically do it for life. The visa lasts 10 years and it can be renewed when it expires. I'm sure I won't be on it for life but you never know... might do it for a few years if I really like it.

They haven't told me what ship I'm going to be on yet but you may see me anijac haha ;)

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Would it not be really weird being on a boat for the next few years?

6. cowza

cowza New Member

Well you're not on it all the time. You get like two months off every six months and they fly you home and stuff. I guess I will just have to see how I take to it. Six months might be enough... or too much hahaha.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, i would love that if you could do that with the parks, go out for 4 months and then come bck for 2 months and then go bck out, that would be amazing, or just go home for christmas or something like that and it was paid for.

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

that would be the best, most perfect job! I wouldn't mind working on a cruise, but there's so much stuff I want to do!! I want to travel as much as I can before I settle and get a house etc but I've got to get through my degree first

9. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

For picking up shifts, character performer and (not so much) attendent have got to be the best roles I can't imagine there being more for other roles..
    ...basically there is a massive massive folder in each park of shifts being given away by people. And it is huge! Also people put in shifts they want to swap which is great if you have been force bid somewhere and want to try somewhere else. Add to that the open shifts, the DCE (disney character events) shifts and random people coming up to you at work saying aww I really don't want so and so shift... you can just offer your services and you put a request on the hub. The only reason it can be rejected is if a)you're not trained - like, you can't pick up any show/parade shifts if you're not trained on that particular track/character, b) if it is an overtime shift and you are on straight time (and vice versa), c) scheduling are being idiots (it happens on a regular basis!)

Just more back up for my firm belief that entertianment is just the best haha

10. CharlotteSparkle

oooh that's dfinately something to consider, thanks! But now I don't know what to choose!!

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I want to be a character performer now, i think it would be awesome and i like the fact i could work anywhere in the resort, that just gives a big benefit!

12. CharlotteSparkle

I'm probably going to go for character performer too, I think I would regret it if I didn't at least try.

13. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, are you over 6ft or under 5ft?

14. CharlotteSparkle

nope that's the reason I'm hesitant to put it. I think i'm a pretty regular height, and I'm worried that if they don't need characters my height they'll stick me in one of the least requested roles. Atm I keep switching between main entrance ops and character, followed by merch. I can't help thinking it'd be beter for me doing main entrance ops - I'd love to be a greeter at MK! That would be so much fun!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

OMG, dont hesitate, there are characters in the common height range. Dont worry about it. All the jobs which are on the list, i just keep looking at them as working at MK but i dont even know if i will be working there. Character Performer is just standing out at the moment the now.

16. CharlotteSparkle

I would've picked attendant purely because I love the idea of working in different places and I would LOVE to be a character. But I do love the idea of park greeter. Decisions decisions!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

So many decisions, lol. :-\ What to choose?

18. CharlotteSparkle

I know, and which ever I pick I'll always think what if?! But I know I'll be happy whatever I do as long as I get on the program. If your interview is the end of this month do you think you'll find out before the other interviews take place or will you have to wait ages?

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I would love to hear early but i doubt it, i will probably have to wait until the London auditions have occured.

20. Kevus

Kevus New Member

You'll have to wait til they finished everyone in this set of interviews. the recruiters go around all the places so until they get back to wdw and review everything they probably wont touch the previous interviews, til then.