Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I'm sure those who have been an attendant or character performer can help answer this question. What would you say to a child if they asked you why the fur characters don't speak?

how many times do you see them on tv... Loads so they like to save their voice for when they are on tele

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

omigod Leom you will have so much fun meeting all of the characters!!

3. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

Thanks that's a good one! ;D

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thank you, i have been to WDW twice and never met the characters.
    I have this strange feeling if i get out there, i wont make a lot of friends, hehe. I am totally paranoid about everything and i mean everything.

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

don't be silly, of course you will make friends! No worries. You'll have friends before you even get there, meeting people at interview, getting visa in London etc. And what about us?! I know we haven't actually met, but still. I don't plan on making anybody feel left out.

6. vik

vik New Member

I think the thing about going there is that everybody is in the same boat. Nobody knows each other (well near enough), everybody is in a foreign country and everybody wants to have friends so everyone talks to everyone, and you make friends very quickly. I was unsure about making friends and on my first night there, i was terrified because i had been put into an appt with 3 girls who had already been there for 5 months and i didnt know anyone except a few ppl id met on the plane, but then when i went to orientation the next day, i met loads of people and made tons of friends who i stayed mates with the whole time! so as long as you're willing to be nice and most of us are, seeing as we're working for disney(!) its not a problem, plus most people make friends with other cp's at work (though it depends on your role)and just random people you meet on the bus!

7. vik

vik New Member

oh yeah and leom, i have been to florida 14 times as well as last summer and i have only ever met mickey ONCE! (unless you count dressing him which i did everyday, but its not the same!)

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thanks for that guys, oh no use are not only friends on this btw, use feel like family, haha (how cheesy?). But i hope to meet use all, use are the greatest bunch of people ever.
    Oh wow, all those times and only met the mouse once, that is weird but i dont feel so left out now, hehe. I like making new friends and i am not scared to talk to people. Seen as though we are all on the same boat it will be great to meet so many people who love the same thing, cause you certainly do not get that at uni!

9. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

I met the mouse the first time I went on holiday at the character breakfast we had. That was real good fun.

10. Freckles

Freckles Guest

we will have to take you to a character breakfast leom. and actually say that you have never met mickey. bet you would get treated amazingly.

when we booked into the hotel last year they said welcome back to all of us! even though we hadnt been there for nealy 6 years! when we said the boys wer first timers, they gave them badges. i tried to make andrew wear his int he park the next day but he didnt. i wonder what would have hapened if he had.

uni is different for making friends though on a drama course its entirely different. i really struggle to amke "first contact" due to some experiences at secondary school, so i am hoping that meeting you guys on here wil help when meeting in person. hugs all round!

11. vik

vik New Member

lol if we all get accepted we should book a meal at cinderella's royal table in the castle cos you have to book 6 months in advance in order to get a table!

12. Freckles

Freckles Guest

now that is advance!!!

13. ariella

ariella New Member

Haha, ya Cinderella's castle for sure! I know when we were down there my aunt wanted one last big family meal at Disney and thought for sure we could get in there with one day's notice lol! Of course the answer was no! I kept telling them 6 months but they didn't believe me lol!

14. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Haha that would be ace. Where do you guys reckon you would fly from?

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

manchester for me. already looked at flights just to make sure they arent booked up. they arent.

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, im the same Manchester!

I want to go to the Cinderella Royal Table for my birthday on the 6th July! So i will need to book it around about the beginning of the year.

17. vik

vik New Member

that would be awesome! im a gatwick flyer

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

So for those of you who know that use will be out there then, please say if you want to come and i will book it.

I will be out there anyway then if im not on the program. I'm getting so excited!!

19. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I'm assuming someone else asked the question not you kevin?!

To answer it, they also save their voices for the shows. Do you *know* how many times Mickey does castle show? And fantasmic? It's a big strain! He rubs his throat to express that to the guests. And if your attendent isn't paying attention they're like 'ahh Mickey has a sore throat' - odd he can recover everytime eh?'
    Although once my stupid attendent said 'Mickey has laryngitus...'
    eOh yeh, that's attractive...

The worst question I had was being asked to blink... yeh that was awkward much and I just carried on and ignored it lol
    And if they neeeeed to see something (or it's a very cute kid), mice can wiggle your nose once you've worked out how :D be prepared for no-one telling you how to do this!

Ergggh I have to go to work.... *eyes clock*

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Can you hear things really well and see clearly when you're in the costumes?

I am assuming the attendant does all the answering for you?