Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

but how do you appreciate it? what are the benefits?
    My supervisor at work is australian as well as british. but hes never been back to australia since he moved when he was 4.

2. suixelo

suixelo Member

It's what you make of it, at the end of the day. I used to take it for granted because it just happened to me, and I didn't realise how hard my parents had to work to get here. But now I think I'm lucky, and I should take advantage of the situation :)

It seems selfish because I already have dual, but I would give anything to live in the US. There's this gorgeous town called Lafayette just outside San Francisco, and I fell in love when we visited friends who live there! Frisco is my favourite city so far. Never been to the East!

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

My friend has dual citizenship of the UK and USA, but she's using it to get more out of her placement year at uni - it means she can do it in the USA as her uni's a bit funny about visas, but she doesn't need one!
    I'd love dual citizenship too, I suppose I could move there and become a naturalised citizen... ;)
    And suixelo, Frisco is def a lovely city! If I wasn't so afraid of the earthquakes, I'd live there! Though the east is lovely too!
    I want to see it all!
    xx

4. Freckles

Freckles Guest

My nan and aunty have become naturalised citizens. we were thinking of moving out there when i was little (whihc i was greatly against...am not now). It took 12 years for the visa applications to come through (its a complicated procedure). By then my sister and I were too old to be on them. Mum now doesnt want to go as her business is doing well here. Dad wouldnt mind retiring over there

I really want to go there now. As does my boyfriend though we would love to live in Canada as well. We are just fed up of Britain.

MY uncle is married to a american, as is my other aunt. My cousin Holly was born in Edinburgh so she has dual citizenship. Im not sure about my aunt's kids. they were born in the US and are adopted.

5. suixelo

suixelo Member

Hmmm, I was sure I replied earlier, but it's not there?! ???

We have earthquakes here, although not many in the area I live. But we have loads of volcanoes haha, so it's a little scary when we do get an earthquake because you think they might erupt haha =/

I've never been to Canada, so I'd love to go! I can get a similar visa to go there for a year and work, so I might do that a year or so after Disney :)
    I just want to see the world before I'm too old to be young... If that makes sense ;D

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am planning to have moved away form Britain and be settled in the US within the next 10 years. I might even apply for visas and stuff straight after ive finished my degree!

7. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

hehe i'm looking into the different ways to get over there myself. I 'd love to go and study there - i've found some amazing courses - so i really need to do well so i can get sponsorship etc. But it's so hard to consentrate, and I'm on here way too much. It's a nice break from trying to decipher journals on JSTOR though!

8. Yeh I have been looking at it as well lol. I have heard that America is looking for British Primary School teachers to teach english so I may get a teaching degree and do it that way. Either that there is always the marry an american option.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yeah, i think i might go do a postgrad teaching degree. I would love to marry an american, you never know i may find one next year!

10. suixelo

suixelo Member

I'm not doing a teaching degree, but languages! Japanese :p I hope to become a translator, but I'm looking at my options for getting into America haha.
    Unfortunately, getting married to an American won't help me unless it's fake, I'm gay XD

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i couldnt teach, im not patient enough!

i am hoping to start visa prroceedings after university, after my boyfriend and i have moved in with each other and determined what we will be doing next.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love how you have the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, ive not found her yet :'(
    I will be starting the proceedings after uni, i am thinking of maybe doing a postgrad in america.

13. ginabella

ginabella New Member

you've got years yet!! gosh i wouldnt get hung up on that if i were you!! stop looking and they appear..promise!
    what kind of postgrad would you like to do?!

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

The more i think about it i want to do a teaching degree, but i would love to do a PhD! I'm only in first year and im already thinking about this, but its more fun than paying attention to the boring chemistry lecturer.

15. ginabella

ginabella New Member

its def looking into at the start of teh course rather than at the end cos the uni can help you more and more

i have so many friends planning masters/phd's/and teaching degrees...however, 20 years in education is more than enough for me!! :)

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

i want to do a postgrad degree too, maybe in america or canada! it's been my ambition to have a PhD since I was about 7 (i'm a nerd!) ;) :p
    but there's so much travelling I want to do, there's so many places to see! there's lots of programmes out there though that I could do! it's just deciding which ones to do.... and I'd want to do the travelling before the PhD....
    ah well - got over a year to decide!
    xx

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i have to get three years of voice acting experience before i can do the post grad i want to do. voice acting at central!

leom: honestly dont go looking. i had decided i wasnt going to have a boyfriend through my a levels or university. a few months later andrew popped up at gang show (a place that is known for short flings). and we are still together nearly three years later. you will find that someone, dont worry.

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

The more i think about it i want to do a teaching degree, but also a PhD!

But that is what i think about Freckles, and omg i cannot believe what i did on saturday!

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

its ok, it was the right thing to do honestly!

i know someone who is doing a PhD in genetics! she is so smart it can be scary.

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That's awesome, i think i would do a PhD in some sort of form of biology/teaching, but as my degree is microbiology, i would probs do one in that, hehe.

I dont know if it was the right thing to do. But im glad i did it!