Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Erm. I know some attractions people do PAC especially if they work in Adventure Land or Frontierland. I know some people in Animal Kingdom who also worked PAC though were in Attractions.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

wow that's so cute! I'd love to do that! It sounds so fun.

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

hehe - that's the main reason its my number 1 option! i think parades would be so cool!
    xx

4. cowza

cowza New Member

I did PAC a few times. It's quite easy to pick up shifts for that... especially if you are working at Disney during the Pirate/Princess Party period. It's an unskilled position so you can pick it up whatever role you are working in. They go fast though (along with wristband distribution) so if you see one... pick it up! Haha.

But you're right that people in Operations often do it. Fantasyland attractions often get moved to PAC positions during the fireworks and park closing. I also knew people in Hollywood Studios who were divided between an attraction and crowd control for Fantasmic.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im putting that down as like my 4th option! I think it would be great to work anywhere in Mainstreet USA.

What is wristband distribution? I would be checking to see if any PAC shifts come up, that would be great.

6. cowza

cowza New Member

Wristband distribution is for events like Pirate/Princess or the Halloween party.

You are just at maingate or by the castle verifying guests have a ticket for the party and giving them a wristband to wear.

It was also for 'Extra Magic Hours' when the parks open later for resort guests... although I'd heard they had got rid of the wristband system for that now.

7. They still had it when I was over there during the summer. My friend was always complaining that she had to do it.

8. cowza

cowza New Member

Yeah I was there the summer too... they have very recently changed the system. I'm not really sure what it is they do now.

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

how often do they have "Extra Magic Hour"? what times do the parks normally stay open til?

10. cowza

cowza New Member

They have extra magic hours every day pretty much. It rotates between parks.

Usually every day one park will be opening an hour early, and one will stay open 2-3 hours later. They change it all the time. Like when I first arrived Epcot had it's late opening on a Friday and early morning one of a Tuesday. That changed to Monday and Thursday after a few months though.

11. cowza

cowza New Member

It's easier to find shifts when there are special events on to be honest.

I saw an extra magic hours wristband shift once the whole time I was there. I didn't pick it up and then it was gone forever haha.

With the Pirate/Princes parties I did loads of different things.

There are 'Treats and Games' shifts in all the lands.

If you pick up one of them you basically either give something out for free (usually beads or candy)... or you play games with guests... could be skipping or sometimes a land will bring something out especially for the party. Like tomorrowland had a kind of hoopla game for the Pirate and Princess parties.

Then I did the PAC another time.

I also picked up a shift one time for a special event they had in Hollywood Studios. I was a 'screaming fan'. There was a big group of us. And basically we were assembled at a special entrance to Hollywood Studios and as the guests entered we had to scream at them... ask for their autograph... basically treat them like they were major celebrities who we were obsessed over. Most hilarious shift EVER.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That sounds awesome, i wonder if there would be any special events next summer.

I would really enjoy doing shifts like that, cause it means your doing something different.

13. CharlotteSparkle

that would be so much fun, I want to be a screaming fan!! I hope there's stuff like that when we go. Or should I say if - not good to assume I'll get in!

14. vik

vik New Member

i know what you mean! i keep thinking about things that could happen next summer then having to stop myself and say "if" ah man i sooo wanna go back!
    there weren't any special events this summer unfortunately but if you go on one of the earlier dates you might get to work star wars weekends which i went to one of and it was AWESOME!

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

oh cool, that would be fun. I will be going the 21st june if i get accepted, i think!

16. CharlotteSparkle

I'll have to put the 21st June too, would love to go earlier but I can't. Might not even be finished by the 21st...but I'm not going to let a little thing like my degree stop me going to Disney! I'm just worried about missing registration for 2nd year...but I'm sure there'll be a way around it. Hopefully. Maybe.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I could go any of the dates but im saying the 21st so i get my results before i go!

18. CharlotteSparkle

I could if I wasn't on a dig but I'm happy to go on the 21st. Means I get to celebrate the end of exams/results properly!! I'm planning on getting a first, even in my fist year, so i can get sponsorship to go and study in the US once I graduate.

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

that sounds so cool. have you been scoping out the universities?

20. CharlotteSparkle

yeah I've looked at loads, but my problem now is what I want to study! If I get a first from Durham I can pretty much do anything because it's recognised worldwide as a great Uni. I'm thinking either Law or Finance. My dad has an accountancy firm so it would be great to take that over one day. I'm going to have a meeting with a careers counselor soon, I feel quite sorry for whoever gets the job of giving me careers advice!