Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ok, so is it best to put more than 2 roles down?

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yes, it shows willing

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

ok thanks, i will put 4 i think, do you think thats enough?

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yep, much better than 2. Which will they be? I think I will be putting (assuming they appear)
    1.Character
    2.C. Attendant
    3.Attractions
    4.Ops
    5.Custodial
    6.Merch

5. ginabella

ginabella New Member

I think i will be putting; character, character attendant, attractions, operations, merchandise as my options fingers crossed they appear!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Whats the difference between attractions and operations?

7. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I don't know ???

I think i'm putting bell services 1st, I've spoken to my parents about it and I think I'd enjoy doing that. I might try and get some experience at the new Radisson hotel near where I live, that would be so cool!

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

that would be really good, getting work experience before hand. I have got work at the local football ground to learn how to deal with large amounts of people who can turn at any point.

9. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Ops is a bit of a general term it can be anything from doing the car parking tickets, the trams, greeting, entrance... and 'vacation planner' isn't on the role list this time - maybe that's included in ops? Vacation Planner is basically selling park tickets at the front of the parks
    To be honest, I'm not convinced that the people working ops are even certina what it means exactly!

Attrations is just the actual rides and shows

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

That's cleared up the tiny bit I was confused about!
    Although I'm still hoping attractions comes up at F2F! (I've always wanted to do that!)
    Can we say we want to do something that isn't on the list? (but obviousley still give a numbered list)

And CharlotteSparkle - I thought about bell services but when it said overhead lifting I realised I didn't want it cos my backs a little funny occasionally :( which is a real shame cos I think i'd like it
    Anyone else thinking of FS F&B for one option? (i'm thinking as like 3 or 4)
    xx

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I'll be rather surprised if attractions isn't on there...
    no harm in asking if it isn't tho, the worst that can happen is they say no.

also if you have an idea of a particular attraction you'd like, emphasise appropriate good points about yourself which would help. Like can you drive? Maybe you'd like to do Kilamanjaro Safaris? Or... have you a passion for comedy and a skill for comedic timing (maybe don't try to demonstrate that one haha) You might use these as a lever for getting into Jungle Cruise. Uhhhh are you dead scary? Haunted Mansion? Haha
    For lots and lots of people this has had no effect whatsoever like one girl on ICP this year asked to be somewhere outside. They put her in Disneyquest which is about the most non-outside role you could possibly have!
    But it's better than not trying at all!

12. CharlotteSparkle

If attractions is there i'll probably put that as number 1, otherwise it'll be bell services then main entrance ops. The more i think about it the more Iwant to do bell services - eventually I want to work in events so it would be good experience. So glad I've made my mind up!!

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

tiddlypom...or anyone who has been through it: as i am still not one hundred percent sure and can never make my mind up, could i ask the interview for their opinion? like what they suggest? or is that really really bad?

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

If attractions is there i will be putting that second, my two main choices are character performer and merch. I wont be choosing operations, but i will put main entrance operations on my list and bell service.

15. CharlotteSparkle

so are attractions and operations completely separate jobs? Or if you put attractions do you risk getting operations?

Not that it makes a difference as it isn't on the list, but just in case!

16. They are both seperate jobs. Attractions is only the attractions in the parks whereas operations could be anywhere and often involves directing traffic in the carparks throughout the resort.

17. vik

vik New Member

It is a bit of a grey area, it must be said! I know someone who did the grad program this year and at the interview he were offered operations, not attractions. He got the role operations and then spent six months working on space mountain, so I think its largely down to availability but generally operations will include car park attendant etc as well as rides and attractions will always be rides. I think operations also involves parade crowd control where you get to direct people around with these funky blue lights (if its night time of course) and play games with kids while they're waiting for the parade to start and if you work in main-street you have to wear a navy waistcoat and trousers because of the time period and they all look like they're going to suffocate cos its so hot!

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

OH wow, i want to parade control at Mainstreet, it sounds awesome!

19. PAC (parade audience control) is A LOT of fun. The North Custodians in Magic Kingdom helped with it in Liberty Square. We got to play with the children and then get them to help us put out the lighs with the help of tinkerbell and some of her very special mickey shaped pixie dust.

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

that sounds so cool! though i bet its hard to get PAC specifically?