Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I will be waiting the longest then because the Scottish interviews are first, hehe :D

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i could be wrong, they might let you know as soon as they have a chance

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That would be amazing, but i totally wouldnt mind waiting, i know it would kill me. See if you dont get in, do they tell you soon after the interview to save you waiting, do you know?

4. vik

vik New Member

its interesting how no one is opting for bell services or hospitality lol!
    Though in their defense, last year my roommate did bell services at wilderness lodge and LOVED it and in hospitality you could be wearing a really cool costume, like at the grand floridian they wear a full victorian costume and women have to have a parasol and carry it everywhere they go, even if you're carrying loads of other stuff hehe!

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hmmm - the thing that's putting me off bell services is the possibility of heavy lifting with suitcases.
    I'm not really that strong! ;)
    Hospitality would be nice I suppose, but I don't want to put too many options down! Tho I wouldn't really mind, I wouldn't want to put down say 8 options and end up with number 8 (even tho I'd like it!).
    Argh - I'm confusing myself now (blame the cold!)
    xx

6. mint

mint New Member

It seems like there's suddenly a new range of positions available?? I wish the Canadian applications would tell us more. :(

Park greeter and hospitality sounds like fun!! Haha I've always wanted to somehow work in the tourism industry, so hospitality would be a good chance to check it out :)

7. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

If you work in Hospitality would you get a chance to stay at the Resort for a few nights? ;) I wouldn't mind it then!! :p

8. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

hehe that would be so much fun!!

I'd absolutely love to work at the floridian, I hadn't really considered it before. So many choices!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Now that i have reread the roles, i will put bell-service last with character performer and merch coming first and then maybe main entrance ops

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Yeah - everytime I read the roles I reorder the ones I want to do!
    Still think I want main entrance ops first, but then there's QS F&B, Full F&B, Merch (off the top of my head) and I'm unsure about the order.....
    Just wish I had a deadline now so I'd think properly about it!
    Better get on with the CV.....
    xx

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ok im thinking of making two lists. one of the ones i originally wanted to do, one with the new list. cos i talked to a mate and she said it sonds realy odd they took off the roles that need lots of people.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

hmmm, i am going to put main entrance ops and bell service but they will be 3 and 4, while chartacter performer will be 1 and merch will be 2. i really want one or two, especially 1.

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im thinking top three being: character, mercha nd main entrance.

from the original list: operations, character, assistant, merch.

14. CharlotteSparkle

I really have no idea!!! I change my mind each time I read the roles list. From the list my top 3 are main entrance ops, character and bell service (not sure of order).

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

you will figure it out, dont worry it will come to you. if it helps im still not sure on the order of mine.

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

If i was going by the orginal list we thought it would be in this order: Character, operations, merchandise, assistant
    But at the moment its: Character, Merch, Main Entrance and Bell-service.

17. CharlotteSparkle

so are you definately only putting 4 leom?? I'm not sure how many to put coz I don't want to give myself less chance of getting in but at the same chance I want one of my top roles. Hmm.

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

they will find you something. dont put down something you dont want to do.

19. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

They will probably give us a new role list at interview anyway. That's what they did last year. I think there were a few different things on... I wasn't really paying attention I already knew what I wanted to put down.
    I put down everything except quick service and lifeguard. I would be physically sick to work in any of the QS locations and damned if a pale skinned, red haired, flabby english girl is going to be a lifeguard ha.

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

same with the description!!! plus im not the best swimmer.

im hopng for a new list :) it wil be easy to make the decision there as we have had to do that with our module options since i joined uni. im fed up of working in food and catering.