Canadians for January 2010??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Moksgmol

Moksgmol New Member

Kathleen-

If you're meaning how many they take for the face-to-face interviews, there were about 50 of us across Canada at the last interview session in March. The numbers were similar for the fall interview session as well (I was offered a spot in the fall interviews but chose to attend the spring ones).

As for the face-to-face interviews they are done in pairs. Yummy jobs has only been the liaison to potential employees on behalf of Disney for the last couple of years; the company before (Castaway, I believe) may have one-on-one interviews but I'm not positive on that. As far as I know Yummy only does pairs unless there's an odd number, though I could be wrong.

As for numbers for phone interviews I have no idea. Someone did mention at the last session that there had been over a thousand applicants and two hundred phone interviews before they chose the fifty-ish of us but that's just hearsay and I have no idea how accurate it is.

Hope that this helped!
    -Moksgmol

2. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

Castaway did paired interviews too! Thats how it's always been I think :)

3. Hi Moksgmol!

Thanks for the reply! That's interesting to know, about the phone interviews. I was wondering about that!

Thanks so much! :D

4. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

I wish but I have a lot going on here that I must finish up with but I am going to apply for 2011! for sure

5. Good luck for when you do apply! :D

6. princess_shayna

Ok! So if we do get interviews for CRP 2010 (FINGERS CROSSED!) then when would the interviews be? Like around October? Has anyone done interviews in the fall before? I'm just curious i'm trying to time it out :)

7. I was wondering that too, actually. I was also wondering if they're going to set up a time to call us for the phone interviews or if they'll just call out of the blue?

8. princess_shayna

from what I remember about ICP they called out of the blue! I didn't even know it was a phone interview - I thought they were just calling to talk! lol! Although I wasn't as in the loop as I am now - but I honestly think you'll randomly get a call sometime!

Face-to-face though are much more scheduled - i'm assuming Octoberish but im not positive!

9. Oh, wow! That's terrifying! Keeping my phone with me at all times, then, for sure!

October would be good. That's lots of time to prepare, I think.

10. princess_shayna

yeah, enough time to prepare yourself mentally! lol! Interviews are so scary and nerve-racking - especially for this job - where you want it so bad it hurts! lol!

11. I know, I can't stop thinking about it! Anybody else started dreaming about the interviews? Clearly I'm obsessing, since I'm dreaming about them... :p

12. princess_shayna

guilty as charged - I have been! lol! a lot actually!

13. Oh thank goodness. :p I'm not the only one.

Shay, what was ICP like when you did it? Just curious.

14. princess_shayna

Honestly, it was incredible! I went down alone - but there are so many people when you get down there who are all in the same boat and it's easy to make friends! It's very hard at first cause you're homesick and trying to find your groove! But it's amazing! I was in Vista, and there's pools and buses that'll take you where you need to go! All the paperwork is dry, but Traditions is great and the Disney atmosphere is infectious! We'll be in Epcot, which will be different from my experience before because I worked in Toontown in the Magic Kingdom - but we'll train, and just then have a schedule - and then all your time off you can do whatever you want! Parks, go out, dinners, shopping, waterparks and alllllll the off property stuff is fabulous too! But honestly it's really just such a magical place to work! Interacting with Guests everyday :) You have good situations and bad ones but the good outweight the bad!

You meet people from all over the world! There's so much to do and explore! And the commons are right across the street from the best outlet mall ever!!!! Honestly it's just magical to work there! Once you find your place and make some friends I promise you will never want to leave! I met the most amazing people! And we'll all still great friends! Some of them are now my best friends in the whole world! It's an amazing experience honestly :) And if we all get to go for CRP I know it'll be just as great - if not more!!!

If you want more info on what it was like, Shanan and I have a blog/vlog where we talk about our ICP and Disney quite a lot! (The link is below my message here!)

15. That sounds great! I hope we all get into CRP 2010, then at least we'll know some people before we go over! I don't know anyone else who's applying, so I'm a little nervous about that.

I've also been checking people's ages (I'm such a creeper :p), and I appear to be a young'in. That's kind of making me nervous too... :p

16. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

I have been creeping ages too but looks like some awesome canadians are applying and yes I have been dreaming about the interviews lol

17. loliver

loliver New Member

Hello fellow Canadians!

My name is Megan, I live in BC just an hour south of Vancouver. I just received my email for an interview over the weekend.
    Just out of curiosity, how did everyone find out about the Cultural Representative Program?
    Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

18. princess_shayna

oh really? when did you apply?? When do you want to go down for?

19. loliver

loliver New Member

I applied at the end of May since I apparently missed out on interviews a couple weeks before that. I kinda forgot about applying then got an email over this past weekend saying they've "reviewed my application..." and "...consider you for the next stage of the application process". I would like to go for 2010 but by the looks of browsing around these forums it probably wont be much later next year or early 2011. Which is okay I guess since I'd like to par take in some Olympic events going on.

20. Hahaha, I applied and then forgot about it too! And welcome!

I found out about it from my friend Lisa, who did the program from June 2005 to June 2006.