CANADIAN ICPers

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by tinkithink, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Lifes-a-beach

Lifes-a-beach New Member

Nope. 80%. there are MANY more than 80 people down there over the year. good luck guys, its fantastic.

2. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

It probably is a good idea. And you have to remember that not all of those people are going to be from your interview.

3. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

My year i think there was only just under thirty of us Canadian ICPers down there-- I know 26 canadians had my arrival date. That would be summer 2008. Maybe less people applied that year? I'm not sure why, but we were way out numbered by people from the UK, Hong Kong and Mexico for sure :) I would def loe increased odds, i wanna go back so badly!

4. missalice

missalice New Member

Hey guys! It's Taylor Kershaw, I've sent my intro e-mail around to whoever signed up for the e-mail thread, and have some applicants on FB as well. :) Feel free to add me on FB, by the way.

I just missed a call from Yummy Jobs because my phone was lodged in between the cushions in the couch. D: So I called them back, and hopefully they answer! D:

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Steffie forgets/doesn't know that they also cancelled the program this year and we had to petition to get it back. AND the hiring companies were switching over from Castaway to Yummy Jobs.

6. merfsko

merfsko New Member

Finally! We finally get some more information! And something to do as opposed to sitting around twiddling our thumbs, waiting :D

For any U of T students: For the student status letter, would the schools "admission office" simply be the Office of the Registrar?

Anyone else excited about having something ICP-related to do?

7. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

Im sooo excited!!!! ;D
    I mean we still have some time till the interviews but at least now we can do something Disney related!!!!!

8. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

lol i remember all that angelica, I was just stating a fact-- i guess the circumstances around our year do require explaining tho lol. Anyways. I had coffee with another applicant yesterday and she said that she had asked how many canadians they would be accepting this year and they said between 250 and 300-- which by my count is pretty close to the number of applicants! although, according to yummy's website, the deadline to apply isn't until tomorrow, so who knows how many people have applied since the email list was sent out...

it should be interesting!! I hope they just take all of us :)

9. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

We got one email from YJ awhile ago that said the deadline for applicants for Canada was Dec 31st.

10. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

Just wondering if anyones heard anything about specific f2f interview dates??
    I feel like we should be hearing from yummy jobs soon... for people that have done this program before, how much notice did you get before f2fs?

11. ariella

ariella New Member

We should probably hear in the next few days when the dates are, I think Kristen said it would be about two weeks after she e-mailed the forms so maybe this Wednesday.

Last year we had about a 3 week notice before our face 2 face. We got an e-mail the first week of Feb and the interviews took place the first week of March in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.

12. merfsko

merfsko New Member

I'm curiours to know if anyone else had problems getting their accreditation letter?

My university apparently won't give out/sign anything that is written by someone else. So while all the information and general format is still there, they re-worded the entire accreditation letter. This, after I spent over an hour in their office to make sure it got done.

I hadn't heard of this happening before, and I was wondering if anyone else had issues? I'm just relieved that I got it.

Also: I can not wait to hear about interviews!

13. dsacco7

dsacco7 Member

hey merfsko,

what university do you go to?
    what did you do to get the letter done cuz im having trouble with that same letter
    So far i have talked to 3 different people at the registration office and none of them know what to tell me
    i submitted a form to get the letter done so ill see what happens there

14. merfsko

merfsko New Member

I wrote an essay of a response, so I sent you PM. Good Luck!

15. Brittany.McGuire

Brittany.McGuire New Member

Im having such a hard time trying to get my uni to fill out the forms too!
    I've been to the registrar's office 4 times! The first time I went they filled it out wrong, (and in bright green pen, who does that on a professional form!), I've been back 3 times since then... but they still can't seem to fill it out properly :(

Where did you guys go to get your forms filled out, and what did you say to them, because I am desperate to get these forms filled out correctly :)

P.s. I'm super excited about finding out about the interviews too :)

16. ariella

ariella New Member

Do any of you have a program coordinator? They can fill out the university letter. Your professors can also fill it out, my professor/program coordinator is doing mine. It's too bad their giving you trouble, when I told mine they told her exactly what to say and it was a fill in the blank type thing she was really happy with that.

Brittany-You can try telling them that Disney requires the forms to be filled out this way due to the student visa we are required to have. Last year my letter was done a little bit wrong (it missed saying I was a full-time student) and while they accepted it at the interview, Kristen told me that I needed to get it re-done properly to get my work visa.

17. Brittany.McGuire

okay, i think i am going to try that!
    thank you thank you thank you so much!

18. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

Hi everyone! I'm not new here but I haven't posted since my ICP program last year :)

So I just had my phone interview today (applied for ICP Summer 2010 just a couple weeks ago)... and Kristen says the f2f interviews for Vancouver will be in March (first week), this way they won't conflict with our Olympic Games.

Have a good day!

19. Brittany.McGuire

YAY!

Who's excited for the interviews!!!

I know I am ;D

20. DiannaPL

DiannaPL New Member

YAYYYY! Im exciteddddddd!!!! ;D

Time to start looking for an outfit lol