Canada Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vickig80, Mar 8, 2010.

1. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

were the people who got called with the april and may start dates put on the waitlist first though?

2. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Nope ;)

They are just testing your sanity lol, thats what I figured. I'm one of those starting in May lol. Kristen told me when she called to tell me the exciting news that they only were calling the Feb/March people and getting their visa stuff underway that first week and then they started calling the other group of us going a little later.

3. KMac

KMac New Member

Does anybody know anyone who hasn't heard from Disney yet? I still haven't heard and I'm wondering if this is normal? Thanks!

4. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

no opportunity list email or anything either??

5. KMac

KMac New Member

OO I guess posting helped me out.. just got my waitlist email haha

6. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

7. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Well kids, I got a call from our beloved Kristen this morning.
    Taken off the waitlist and starting July 27th :)
    there's hope for the rest of you :)

8. :O Congratulations :D

9. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

augh no fair!!
    but congrats!!!

did anyone else get an email from yummyjobs saying DON'T WORRY, WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU... YET. ...or possibly a little nicer, longer, and without so many capital letters?

10. hahaha yess!!!!!
    I did lol, before I opened it I got all excited :D :D :D
    sure its not the job offering but its still a nice email :)

11. KMac

KMac New Member

congrats!! :D

12. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site but have been looking at the CRP program for a while. I'm thinking of applying this June for positions in 2011. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about the interview process...ie. where they are, is there a phone interview, what kind of questions they ask? Any info would be great. Ohh I live in London, Ontario and I read something about interviews in Toronto...is this where I will have to eventually go? Again any information would be awesome! :)

13. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Hey Lizz!
    The interview process is a little intense but super fun at the same time.
    After you apply you'll hear whether you'll be getting a phone interview. Then
    they will call you. It';s a pretty quick interview with just a few basic questions.
    After that you wait forever and find out if you got a face to face interview. Then
    begins the process of waiting to find out when and where you're going. You're lucky because
    there is usually an interview in Toronto at both fall and spring interviews so you won't have to wait too long.
    And then you go to the interview which is surprisingly easy and then you wait some more to
    find out your fate. It's a lot of stress but totally worth it in my opinion :)
    Hope that helps let me know if you have any more questions!

14. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Hey Amyanne,

Thanks for the info it definately helped! I had another question about the actual "applying" part...how exactly do I do that? ie. do I fill out a form or what?

15. Hey Liz!!
    I'm Rachel, from Whitby ON and on the current waiting list for this year :p
    If you go to http://yummyjobs.com you can create an account (they are the recruiters for Canada) and fill in all of the boxes they have, on that page you submit your CV/Resume.
    This link is for the actual program (info & application) http://yummyjobs.com/opportunities/programmes/15/disneys-cultural-representative-program/ now currently, since they aren't beginning applications until July-ish, the Application button is non-existent temporarily. For now you can still create an account with them and check back in June/July and the Application button should be ready to be clicked :D Good Luck-- It's a bit stressful- MOSTLY all exciting, and SO worth the shot :)

16. Lizz

Lizz New Member

Hey Rachel,

Thanks for the info :) and I was also wondering, with the resume do they also like you to include references?

17. Well most people I know, including myself, Have put references on their resume (3 references) but it's not required. Also a Cover Letter is HIGHLY recommended!!!!! Again not required but it shows you really care :D

18. dspringa

dspringa Member

hey everyone! I was at the March 3rd F2F interview in Toronto, and after being wait-listed for 2.5 months, I'm hired!

Food & Bev on Oct 19th. See you all down there!

19. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

oh i'm so jealous!! i'm still praying for my magical call!!

20. dspringa

dspringa Member

when was your interview? And what section did you apply for? Merch/attractions/F&B?