Canada Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vickig80, Mar 8, 2010.

1. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ive been so on edge all day.. and i keep looking at my phone every 5 minutes just to make sure that it is still working :(

2. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

me too!! and i didn't sleep last night!! i just can't even look at my email today.

3. Sailorsm

Sailorsm New Member

I'm at work right now (actually I'm on lunch) but I just keep looking at my phone every 10 Min's to make sure I didn't miss a call. I really hope I get a call today, lol I already told my coworkers that I might need to take off to answer a call. I really hope we all find out today.

4. ChelBelle

ChelBelle New Member

Hey everyone, I was at the Vancouver interviews :)

People are definitely starting to here from Kristen... and everyone I have heard of have gotten the job. Soo nervous.... please just call us now!

5. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

hmm i wonder what order they're doing it in..
    i havent heard of anyone gettign a rejection letter yet, so maybe everyone either got hired or waitlisted

6. When did you all say your preferred start dates were? Maybe that has something to do with the order they call. I am flipping out nervous, no sleep at all!! Has anyone heard of anyone outside the Vancouver interviews that have gotten the call??

7. Ximena

Ximena New Member

Hello guys! I´d like to ask u sth. The thing is that in Mexico a lot of people is being turned down since many of us haven´t finished our college. However, some others have been asked about their experience in F&B, and it is said that now experience is a requirement. Is the same situation happening with you, guys?

8. aimeerose

aimeerose New Member

I am on the opportunity list! To be honest this is what I expected. Of coarse I wanted that sweet phone call giving me a date but this is the next best thing.

9. helveticarock

helveticarock New Member

i still haven't checked my email.
    has anyone heard of anyone getting rejection emails at all??

10. KMac

KMac New Member

I've only heard of people from every interview getting waitlist emails, and the Vancouver people that got accepted. I'm wondering if Kristin got the list later in the day yesterday, and called only the Vancouver people because of the time difference?

11. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ya well thats what im hoping for.. i figured that they just didnt want to be bombarded with emails from people asking why they havent heard yet... but so far ive def. only heard of people in vancouver getting hired.. everybody else ive spoken to has gotten waitlisted.. but i mean there are so many more people out there who dont go on the forums.

12. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it!!
    Because remember they said they hire about 100 people, and there was probably close to 125 in total. There was DEFINITELY not 100 in Vancouver lol. But I think it's incredible we didn't get rejected. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't discover this forum, because I can relate to all of you and know that I'm not alone! We need to keep each other motivated and positive :D

I think because Vancouver is 3 hours behind Michigan time, it makes sense that they would contact them if they got the list late, and send us an email so that we wouldn't send them a ton wondering what's up. We're still in the running guys, good luck :D

13. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

ya and not all those 125 people were there solely for CRP, some were doing it for ICP
    but like i said, im not sure if its 100 per yer, or per interview session (every 6 months)
    annnd that doesnt count in peiople on the wait list from previous sessions
    it seems that 100 people working in the canadian pavillion is awfully tho right?

14. Hmm... I'm not sure lol, 100 seems about right though for every 6 months because people are constantly finishing their 12 months. I worked at Canada's Wonderland in the main store, and in total they had 33 people on the roster. And then you have all the food and beverage positions, and the attractions people. They have to cover all the shifts so maybe 100 would seem right if you lay it all out. I hope it's 100 lol, otherwise, only 50 :|

15. vickig80

vickig80 New Member

has anyone emailed kristen to find out?!

16. KMac

KMac New Member

Someone I have on facebook from the Halifax interviews got her phone call yesterday.. She starts September 27th.. I just want to know, regardless of what the outcome is! Has anyone else not been contacted at all yet?

17. Has anyone else heard about any more accepted applicants ??

18. ChipNDale

ChipNDale New Member

On the waitlist myself, but at least not rejected. i know friends who were wait listed got a call later... i hope i get one telling me to pack up...fingers crossed.

19. KMac

KMac New Member

Where did you interview?

20. jackattack

jackattack New Member

If you haven't heard at all yet it might mean that they are giving you a later start date. I had my interview in October and they called the people with Feb and March start dates a week before calling the people with April and May start dates. They have to call the aforementioned first because they need to get the visas underway a little sooner. It takes a little time. So, fingers crossed thats whats going on for those of you who haven't heard yet. And again, for those waitlisted, many of you will be taken off of that list! It'll just be like a huge crazy happy surprise ;D