Buy a car while staying in florida???

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Mofree, Sep 22, 2008.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

If you get a Florida License, im pretty sure that you keep your home country driving license..

How long you planning to drive outside Florida for? Think you can drive in another state for something like 30 days on your Florida license..

2. holst88

holst88 New Member

hm .. I'm probably not driving more then 30 days outside, are you sure this is for fact ? :)
    I'm driving out for some 2 and 4 days road trips :)

3. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Im sure that it was somewhere on this website that I saw about it..Try looking in common questions..

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Here we go..This is a quote from the common questions section...
    [/quote]
    Do I need to get Florida license plates/tags?
    I didn't, but some people choose to. The advantage is that it is the law (you can only drive up to six months on out-of-state plates), and that Disney can sometimes be picky about these things. In fact, the law allows you to retain your plates for longer than six months if you are registered in an educational program (such as attending college or participating in a cultural exchange such as this!). If you do this and keep your own plates, then you must also have a valid drivers license and insurance from that province/state (i.e. don't show the cops your Florida license if you are driving a car with B.C. plates). It's not the big deal it sounds like, but bear in mind if you do decide to register your car in Florida it will cost you at least 6% of the value of your car (this could be over $1000USD). Plus you will need to change it back when you return home.
    [/quote]

5. rippoff

rippoff New Member

they will rip you off
    there internet price is not thesame as there cash price or there credit price
    Eliseo Nieves will rip you of and smile at you

6. Loz

Loz New Member

Hi,
    I'm an Aussie heading over for 12 months in 2010. Just wanted to check that this information is still current. Are there any locals or residents who could help?

7. LiL_DaNcA_MaN

LiL_DaNcA_MaN New Member

hey!
    im an aussie too!
    and am looking at cars and the sought.....
    im going to go into RACV and ask about international licences, as a few friends have just used that...
    where in AUS are you from? and when are you leaving? im JAN 23rd 2010 from Melb

8. Loz

Loz New Member

Hi,
    Go the Aussies, we're in the same cohort it seems. Have you been on the STB australia facebook site? There are a few of us thinking about splitting a car. I'm from Townsville (North QLD)