Birmingham Interview 6th March

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by louise, Feb 22, 2007.

1. louise

louise New Member

Hello. I'm glad to see that i'm not the going to be the only person there. So are planning on going in July for the academic program?

2. Nina

Nina New Member

Well its true i won't have minded the wait at all if i get in ;)

3. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Louise - Yeah hopefully, want to get out there and enjoy the Florida sunshine as quick as possible! Kinda annoying how it's in Birmingham though considereing Im studying in Newcastle, gonna have to travel down Monday night and stay over - which sucks!

4. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

^ I would have definately swapped you for the phone interview instead. I'd much rather have had a f2f.

5. louise

louise New Member

Yeah thats annoying I had to stay over for my interview last year because it was in liverpool but this time i will just have to leave very early. I wouldn't be going until October so I will have to wait a while.

6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Louise - is this the second time you've applied to do this then? I would have much preferred it being in Liverpool considering I could have just gone home!! Grr!

7. louise

louise New Member

Yeah I did the ICP last summer but 2 months was way too short so hopefully i'll get to go back again.

8. mark

mark Guest

Good luck to everyone going to the interview on Tuesday :)

9. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Good luck louise and buzz!!

I could really do with some good news this next couple of weeks. I split up from a 17 month relationship today. I guess it's time for a new chapter in my life.

10. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

And how was it?

11. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I just came to ask how they went? Did you all do well?

How many people were there? Questions, questions, I'm so curious. :)

12. louise

louise New Member

Just got back from Birmingham. First we started by filling in forms and there were only about 10 people there but when we went back to the presentation room there were suddenly about 30 or 40 more people. These we assummed were students of the birmingham college of tourism which was where the interview was. It seems that the college has a connection with the program.

But in the presentation we learnt a few interesting things. For the july one the tutition cost is $1800 but the october one is $2000. They didn't explain why but for the october one there are more choices of courses to take. These courses are all related to hospitality/management/business. The dates for are 7th October to 4th April.

So onto the actual interview which turned out to be a bit strange cause we were interviewed in pairs. I think I did alright though the interview was very short. She said we should find out in 2 to 3 weeks so you might have a bit more of a wait.

Well thats my version of the day. Don't think I missed anything out.

13. Emi

Emi New Member

What sort of questions did you get asked? ???

14. mark

mark Guest

Another step closer and another 2-3 Weeks of waiting :eek: - you've just got to love the waiting ;D

So were these interviews for july and/or october? and Did they mention which accomodation people would be staying at for this program?

oooohh its getting more exciting the closer we get to the results!

15. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

Glad you found it went ok louise. Good luck to us all!!

16. louise

louise New Member

Emi - I really didnt get asked that many questions and none of them were very difficult. Just why do you want to work there? How do you deal with stress? Because we were interviewed in pairs it was pretty short.

Mark - Yes the interviews were for July and October but the people I spoke to wanted to go in July. They didn't mention which accommodation we would be staying in.

So good luck to everyone and hopefully we will find out soon.

17. mark

mark Guest

Cool thanks for that Louise :)

18. Nina

Nina New Member

Thanks for that report Louise ;D
    You defo still gonna go for the October date even though it costs more?
    I cannot stand anymore waiting Im going mad!!! :mad:

19. louise

louise New Member

Yeah I have a job lined up for the summer and I don't want to miss graduation so hopefully i'll be going in october. Just annoying it costs more but oh well.

20. unrealitiesxi

unrealitiesxi New Member

I'm so tempted to email Kristen and ask when the results of the phone interviews are in.

Edit: I caved and emailed.