Best Ride at Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Beatlejuice is amazing. I haven't been to see it for a couple of years but it is still there.

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I LOVE IOA, there's so many good rides. Spiderman is AMAZING, I've never been on anything else that's comparable. I thought the Mummy ride at universal was good, I didn't know what it was so I got a bit of a shock!

I love the Dr. Seuss bit though, I'm such a huge Dr. Seuss fan, I could spend hours there :D

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I love Suess Landing too :D
    I love how bright, and random it is.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish :D

5. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Is it sad that I go on that and sing along??!! ;D

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

No of course not! I've only been on it once and it was raining so they didn't have the spray on!

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

haha, it's always good to know that i'm not alone! :D
    The spray gets you surprisingly wet if it catches you, but it's always nice in the heat of summer.
    I do always find that the song gets imprinted in my brain for the rest of the day though!! ;D

8. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Ahh SUess land - they used to have a cool restaurant where you could get a green eggs and hamwich - my mum got a sticker for ordering one!
    and cat in the hat isn't the smae if you don't spin - it wasn't working properly one time so they didn't spin it, and then it broke down so we were evacuated off :) that was the year of evacuations, we also got taken off thunder mountain :)

jurassic park is fine apart from t-rex at the top of the drop - LOVE the drop, terrified of t-rex

as far as I know, they aren't taking anytihng out of IOA for harry potter tho - the woman I know who works on that (she designs things) didn't mention it!
    oooh - maybe I could blag some free tickets from her????
    xx

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, free tickets!

They took away the flying unicorn, it was a small rollercoaster and i remember it very well cause i took my mum on it and she screamed her head off, it was hilarious.

I loved the cat and the hat ride, it was great, hehe.

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm pretty sure they're re-theming the flying unicorn to fit in with harry potter.
    I was thinking more that they might be taking out the sinbad show or poseidon attraction?
    ???

11. They were both still there during the summer from what I can remember.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It will become the flying griffin or summin like that, hehe.

I wasnt too keen on the poseidon attraction.

13. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I love love love the Hulk, Duelling Dragons and spiderman ride, and if its a hot day Blutos Barges and Dudley Do Right. But I just love islands of adventure!!!

The Mummy in universal studios rocks, I kept running round on single rider lol and the new disaster ride, although did love earthquake, like its revamp.

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I love islands of adventure too and cannot wait to go bck to for all the rides again, hehe. im so excited.

15. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

the poseidon thing was rubbish, I waited ages to get in and didn't really enjoy it. It's so exciting!! I can't wait to go!

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

yea, its not that good. I cant wait to go either, itll be great. will we just go whenever we can find someone to go with?

17. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I must be the only person who loves the Poseidon thing! I didn't have a scooby what it was going to be & thought it was surprisingly good!

18. kate003

kate003 New Member

Harry Potter land will be sweet. especially if it opens while i'm still there...
    My favourite was dueling dragons though! Soo good.

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Haha ive not been to universal in about 5 years
    i always love the ET bit where he says your name at the end <3 its so cute

And i remember queuing up ages for twister
    where you just stand there and it gets windy and a cow goes past mooing

and the best by far used to be king kong! i loved that

and earthquake

cant remember much more

I think shrek 4D has just opened when we last went
    i liked that :)

20. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

before we went in 2004, we had been 4 times before and done our names, so in 2004 we dared our dad to be "lionel". they asked him how to spell that. he couldn't remember. i had to step in and brush it off with a "oh, old age, it's terrible eh?"

then in 2007 we decided to go for welsh names, think it was llewelyn, myfanwy, ffion, rhodri and dewi or something along those lines. i seem to remember a few just didn't get mentioned, and a few were wrong.

fun times :)