Australia's new point of contact

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by cammysan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

yeah, just show that you're keen for the program and you should be fine.

2. sar_bear

sar_bear New Member

I just had my skype interview with the recruiter, Jill, she was very nice. It was a very friendy chat, all positive.
    Anyone know how long it takes to learn if you've been accepted?

3. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Took around 3-4 days after my skype interview to get an acceptance email :)

4. cammysan

cammysan New Member

Youw would not believe the amount of hoops I have to jump though in order to just attend one of the presentations... I'm not a student on campus, I'm studying via Open Uni's. Some places only allow you to attend if you're a student, which is rather stupid, but I can see why, they have like a million other people attending other presentations as well..

Disney were helpful though, they sene me the proof of study form, but when I enquired with OUA, they just directed me to one of their forms which says the same thing as the disney one... Gah. I'm just going to apply any how.

5. Pearcy

Pearcy New Member

Well I am a SCU student at Lismore campus (NSW) and I found out about this program through the university email (they emailed all the students). They are going to be giving their presentation and interviews on Monday, October 10 at Gold Coast Beachside campus (next to Coolangatta airport)

I have my forms ready I just haven't sent them to the uni (which I need to do to get an interview on the day) but there are still some things that confuse me...but I won't go into it here.

6. cammysan

cammysan New Member

good luck for that. I just sent an email off to the new contact, because I found out that there's a session at the uni where I'm actually doing a subject from (RMIT) on Thursday

7. HienNguyen

HienNguyen New Member

Hello Everybody...

im pretty new at this... dont know if im in the right thread or if ill get any replies but here goes..

So iv been a victim of the change over from STB to WDW AUNZ INT RECRUITING... i was in the process of emailing my application with all forms of documents (C.V, bio passport, role checklist, proof student status) when i got the same email saying that STB were not longer blah blah.

i then emailed the WDW INT recruit.. etc with all forms and what not! i then got an email from them asking to set up an interview - which was on the 10th of August - it was suppose to be a skype interview but they hadnt organised it so it was just a phone interview.

the interview went well (wouldnt really call it an interview as someone had stated earlier i think! was just a normal phone conversation id have with friends, pretty relaxed!) so yes as i was saying the interview went well - 5 days later i get a "Congratulations we are pleased to offer you a position on the wdw international college program...etc" this had all the details of my role when the position begins which is January 2012..

i emailed them back accepting the offer (duh!!!!! who wouldnt?) so then they emailed me back on the same day asking me to get a copy of my criminal record once i did that and got it sent back home i would have to scan it and send it into somebody at yummyjobs which i already have done.

now the process has brought me here. it has been 12 days since my last contact from yummyjobs (me sending in a copy of my criminal record). and it has been 21 days since i have heard from the WDW AUNZ INT RECRUITING (them asking me to get my criminal record check.)

is anybody else doing the waiting game? have they heard anything or received anything else regards to their application?

this is for January 2012 intake!

thanks in advance for any replies!! this forum is the only place that will keep me sane, as i have read up on everything!!!!

THANK YOU :D

8. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

Yep, i'm in the same boat. all we can do now is save save save! i'm halfway through purchasing my flights. do you have facebook? how about you join the rest of us January 2012ers here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/187017468016711/

:)

9. HienNguyen

HienNguyen New Member

yay! you have made my night! i am officially back to sanity!! im working my ass off to save !! flights are looking crazily expensive atm!!! so am just gonna wait it out a little... i do have facebook, and have just asked to join the group!! haha! :D

thanks for the reply !!!!