Aussie in summer program Nov 2007

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Mel_c, Jun 14, 2007.

1. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey Bryce,

No idea about form yet dude. Hoping Trudy sends them soon.

About Disneyland, I've been to the Paris one, in 2000 was pretty good. Although then there was only one park there and it was rather small. WDW is way bigger.

Oh and do meet up when you come to AKL.

Cheers

Steve

2. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

Hey Bryce

As Steve said i have no clue as well....but what Steve and i are planning to do is go to the U.S consulate here and find out more information....like how to apply, what fees and stuff like that...we will update ya when we find out ourselves...

if u have to come all the way here..we should definitely meet up!! i guess then when we reach Orlando we wont be clueless as who should we approach and talk too..lol

cheers
    moi

3. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Disneyland Paris + "Merci Beaucoup!!!" = ??? Are you French lol?

It'd be great if you could let me know anything you find out at the consulate, thanks.
    I'll let ya know when I'm coming to Auckland when I get it organised so I can hopefully meet up. I'd rather not be a total loner when I get to WDW. ;D
    Are you guys on hols at the moment?

Bryce

4. stevestone

stevestone New Member

:D Man you should become an analyst for concatenating information. No I ain't French.

And no we ain't on hols either. We have so much work that we dont know where to start...hence we ain't doing nything

5. Bryce

Bryce New Member

*Looks up 'concatenating' in the dictionary*

I'm on hols this week and next. ;D I always thought all unis had their hols at the same time?
    I'm gettin pissed with myself cause I can't afford to waste these holidays if I wanna survive exams, but everytime I sit down to do some study I somehow end up reading a magazine/online/on the couch... ::) How does this keep happening.

6. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

the only french word that steve knows is "Merci Beaucoup"...believe me on this one....i have known him for too long ;D

as steve said...we have so much work that it hurts NOT to see TV (except when rugby or cricket is on).....so i hope you understand the work pressure engineering students have :(

i wish we could sit back and relax or even go for skiing...but bryce when you come to 4th yr this is what hols become....im sure law will treat u the same..sooner or later!

we also have a 2 week break now...but its been a long time since i have had a rest day....but i still go out to town occasionally :)

bryce if u like ur alcohol and ur below 21...dude u r going to have a difficult time in the U.S as the drinking age limit is 21....haha....dont worry you can see us getting drunk and laugh when we make fools of ourselves ;D

neways..back to wrk..enjoy ur hols...will update u when steve and i go to the U.S consulate

chao

7. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Peter, Vous etes tres terrible!!!! Je parle beaucoup de Francais.

Steve

8. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Sounds like you're pretty swamped, hope you can keep on top of it.
    Yeah 21 is pretty high for a drinking age but it's no biggie I suppose, more $$$ for rubbish souvenirs and stuff ;D though I would've liked to go onto Pleasure Island for a look around at least lol.
    "Vous etes tres terrible!!!! Je parle beaucoup de Francais", erm.....

Good luck with the work,
    Cya

9. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

haha...yeah we are mate!....money on booze is never a waste when you drink to your limits..but after that its exactly as you said "$$$ for rubbish souvenirs "...

Im for sure going to pleasure island...i wonder what exactly happens there ???
    i m sure you can come as well ...but you just cant buy alcohol....

leave steve with his french...he has been trying to impress a girl lately...haha

peter

10. Loz

Loz New Member

Tu parles le francais, steve? Je suis tres impressee!

Hey all, I've been looking at pleasure island too, it sounds great. better than the clubs we have in north queensland anyway.
    I was luck enough to go to Disneyworld when I was little at Easter. it was so busy they closed the water park's gates at 10am. (Anyone signed up to be a life guard? :eek:)
    It's true what Bryce said, it's a massive place. They reckon that Disneyland LA and its carparks and hotels all fit into the carpark of Disneyworld. AHHHH!!!
    (Also, nice to meet you, I promise I'm not a total psycho)
    Lauren

11. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

i soooo want to go to pleasure island...it does sound great!....
    also i guess it would take us a week to see the disneyland......

Loz i can tell u atleast that clubs in australia are bigger and better than what we have in new zealand....so you can understand what a change it would be for us...lol :eek:

im in merchandise or as sue sharpe said i could also be a "backup" life guard if needed..lol ... but i have mate who is a life gaurd. He just got through.....so im sure he would be good company and assure u that he aint a physco as well :p

cheers
    Peter

12. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hello Lauren,

Merci Beacoup Madame!!! Mais oui, j'ai oublié la plupart d'il. Parlez-vous le Francais?

Yeah a friend of ours got into life guard. You must be a good swimmer then. Thats cool you can teach me then. I can swim but I never learnt the art of breathing while swimming. Haha.

I am in Operations by the way like Bryce.

@Cass and Tina,

We received the mail from Disney saying that our Pack will be posted out soon. So how long did it take for them to do that before you guys got your pack. Can't wait for it LOL.

@Peter,

Till then lets get back to our sorry world of engineering. Il est tres terrible.

Ciao
    Steve

13. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi Steve,

It only took about a week to get the pack once we had the email.

- Cass

14. Bryce

Bryce New Member

I might have asked this already but... Cass did you get the DS 2019 form in the pack or was it emailed to you earlier. ???
    I want that form ASAP once I have my new passport. ;D

I think I had a Disney dream last night... I was in Tomorrowland but it was all abandoned and falling apart! WTF?!?!?!
    I'm getting excited. :D

Bryce

15. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Bryce,

It's in the welcome pack after the introduction letter. Also apparently we get more stuff sent out later this month.

- Cass

16. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Thanks Cass,

Hmm I can't get the form until I get my new passport (hopefully only a couple of days) and I can't book the visa interview until I have the form!
    I might see if I can get the form emailed to me once I have my new passport cause I want to get to the consulate before exams (six weeks from now), but I want to book the flight as early as possible so I don't have to pay last-minute full-price fare.
    I wish I had applied for my new passport before waiting to get accepted onto the programme. :-\
    Oh well, I won't bore you with anymore ranting.

Bryce

17. Loz

Loz New Member

Steve,
    I think I've solved the swimming part, you're not actually supposed to breathe underwater. I'm not a lifeguard, I'm hopefully going to be a character performer (something about being 6 feet tall). I was just feeling sorry for those who are going to be looking after huge crowds in the middle of winter.
    Et oui je parles Francais, j'ai passee un an en Belgique, comme etudiant d'echange. comment sais-tu le francais?

18. Bryce

Bryce New Member

I wonder what the weather will be like when we're there... Probably about the same as a South Island summer! :p
    I read somewhere that over Winter Disney closes one of the two waterparks, but I can't remember which one it was.
    Do you have a particular character you want to be Lauren? It must be hard for the people in heavy costumes to sign autographs with big blobs for hands lol.
    I hope I get put on a cool attraction like Space Mountain, but that's probably for the experienced cast members... Dumbo ride here I come. ::)

Bryce

19. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hi Loz,

Haha. That was a quick solution to the wrong problem. ;) I wasn't referring to swimming under water but putting your head out of water and breathing while swimming.

But I suppose character performer is a lot more exciting.

J'ai appris le français à l'école. Il y a longtemps.

@Cass

Thanks for the info. Ive been mailing Trudy to ask whether she has received my Police clearance forms or not, but she ain't replying.

So time to just wait and see I suppose.

@Bryce

We tried going to the consulate yesterday, but you cant go unless you have a Visa appointment. For enquirines the number is 0900 US VISA. No other method of communication. not exactly helpful.

Cheers

20. Bryce

Bryce New Member

My passport arrived in the post just now! ;D
    I'll scan it and email it to Trudy now so I can my 2019 form thing.

I don't get what the 2019 is - the consulate website doesn't say anything about needing any special form from your employer, just the 156/157/158...

Cya,
    Bryce