Aussie in summer program Nov 2007

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Mel_c, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Bryce

Bryce New Member

All these forms and things are giving me a headache lol. I better apply for my new passport and get the police check this week so I can find out about the visa after that.
    I want a welcome pack - what's in it? Anything cool? :p

I will be in one of those Wellness apartments Tina! It might be a good thing cause I think I'd rather go to another apartment for a party than have it in mine if I was wanting to go to sleep or something haha. It will be a bit of a bummer that I won't be allowed onto Pleasure Island but oh well I'll still have fun I'm sure. Give me Space Mountain or Tower of Terror over a bar I say!!! ;D

I hope I get put in Chatham, it looks like the housing is the nicest there. Plus I hope I'm in just a 4-person place, I think 8 might be a bit crowded.

Bryce :D

2. Christina

Christina New Member

Lol, actually u might have a point there bryce; have heard from others that it can sometimes get a lil difficult to get some sleep :) If the forms are giving you a headache now you shouldn't be 2 excited about getting the welcome pack - many more forms for u to fill out!! The welcome pack is cute, aside from paperwork it's also got stickers and disney luggage tags in!

3. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey Tina,

What do you need to fill out on those forms? How much more paperwork do we have to do?

Man I hate paperwork.

Cheers
    Steve

4. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Well I rung the American embassy in Wellington to check out whether I will have to go there for the interview and they said that I won't... I will have to go to the consulate in AUCKLAND - even further! :mad:
    This is gonna be one damn expensive job! I know it will be worth it, but I'm gonna be so broke when I get back lol.

Bryce

5. Christina

Christina New Member

Hey Steve,

We have to sign an acknowledgement form, sign the terms+conditions, sign the community codes agreement, fill-in our contact information+work history for our visa application, fill-in a few more forms for the visa application and go through the DS-2019 fee payment process......fun times :)

6. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Uh-oh what is the DS-2019 fee payment process? More costs lol?

7. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey Tina,

Was hoping for slightly better news than that LOL. Why do they need our work history for the visa? And whats the DS2019 fees like?

Damn! This along with our assignments and project. Fun times indeed. Haha Disney better be worth all this trouble.

Steve

8. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hey Steve,

The fees associated with the visa are as follows (for Australians anyway):

- $14 for a pin number to arrange the visa interview online
    - $35 SEVIS fee paid online
    - $120 application fee paid to the post office before the interview
    - $126 issuance fee (not sure where that's paid, maybe at the consulate)
    - travel costs to wherever you have to go for the visa interview

I think that the application fee and issuance fee may change for each country, not sure on that one. Plus you gotta pay the $85 program assessment fee to Disney online before you leave to go there. But I THINK that after all that you may be finished paying!!

Have fun,

Cass

9. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

PS I would also guess that they need your work history to make sure that you won't get to the USA and either quit or be fired before the program ends! They probably don't really want to have to deport you, so they check your history first.

Cass

10. Bryce

Bryce New Member

$2500 (approx) for flight to Orlando
    $250 for flight to Auckland for visa
    $300 for cost of visa
    $85 to Disney
    $$$ to take with me to tide me over till first paycheck
    $$$ to get my passport renewed (not sure how much)
    $$$ for new clothes and shoes etc to take

:eek: Gonna be over $4000 probably... $400 per week I'm there!!!

11. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

Hey guys ;D

I never thought that DISNEY is going to be such an expensive trip!! i was under the impression that most of the cost incurred during the trip would get covered by the earnings i make there!...i guess NOT :eek:

Cass whats the $85 program assessment fees mean?

Bryce, are you sure its $300 for the J1 visa ??? did you check this up from the embassy..sorry to hear that you will be coming to Auckland just for a VISA....i have attached the police clearance form for you...

Ah well its going to be expensive but i am sure the memories we will share from this trip are going to be priceless :p

chao
    Peter

12. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Thanks for the info Tina and Cass.

Woah thats a lot of costs. It better be worth all that money.

Peter that $300 dollars comes from adding the fees given by Cass.

So how do you apply for the visa online. i found heaps of forms. Which ones do we need to fill in? And what documents do we need to take to the visa interview?

Cheers
    Steve

13. Bryce

Bryce New Member

I wanna know more about the visa process too - I wonder if the DS 2019 form (haven't got it yet) is all we need, or if there's more.

I printed off the form today to get my new passport. I have to get the photos taken still (no smiling!). Once that's done I'll just have the visa to worry about hopefully. ;D

Cya guys

14. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

As Steve said....
    thanks a lot Cass n Tina for all the information....this makes our life easier to work out cost of this trip!!.....

Bryce send your police clearance as soon as possible!!..it takes about 2-3 weeks to get it back!

talking about passport photos...i also got my new passport about a month back..and believe me i look as if im 'stoned'...its so stupid that u cant smile on the passport photos.

laters...

15. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Yup I've just filled out the police clearance form (while watching Aussie Deal or No Deal on Prime!) so I'll send that tomorrow, plus I got somebody in the Law School to do the accreditation letter thing for me so I'll get that away to Trudy. Woop things seem to be falling in to place... I don't wanna have anything to worry about through exam time. 3 law exams plus a geography one in like 10 days in gonna be hard out enough without being distracted. :(

BTW I watched a hilarious vid on YouTube today made by some Americans (I think) at WDW - search for 'disney lazy edgar' and ya should get it.

16. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hey Steve,

The following details are cut and pasted from Trudy's email to us.

The forms you need to download and complete to take with you to your interview are a DS156 and males also need to complete DS157, plus there is now a DS158. If I remember they are on the http://aus.us-visaservices.com/Forms/default.aspx site.

SEVIS fee is paid at www.fmifee.com
    To book a visa appointment you need to log on to the VisaPoint website at http://aus.us-visaservices.com/Forms/default.aspx, where you pay the $14 pin number.

It is a good idea to photocopy your DS2019 form before you go to your US visa interview, as we have had experiences in the past where they have refused to give back the original, and you need this to enter the US. So, if you have a copy, that would be a help.

Also you will need to take a Self Addressed Express Post envelope to your visa interview, as your passport with your visa in it will be returned via mail, within 2- 3 working days following your interview. Remember to keep your Express Envelope tracking number so as you can track your passport at all times.

Good luck with it!

- Cass

17. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Thanks Cass.

So you need to print out those forms and take with you. And you dont submit them online. Is that right?

You only pay the SEVIS fee and book an appointment online then.

Cheers
    Steve

18. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Yep, that's right

19. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Merci Beaucoup!!!

20. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Steve and Peter -

Do you guys know when we can expect to get the DS 2019 form? I hope it's soon so I can get up to Auckland before exams.

Has anybody been to WDW or Disneyland before?
    My family went to Disneyland when I was 12 or so and it was AWESOME. I wish Magic Kingdom had the Indiana Jones ride that Disneyland does - that was the best ride there. But four parks is better than one!
    Anybody have anywhere in particular they wanna work there?

Bryce