Aussie in summer program Nov 2007

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Mel_c, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Loz

Loz New Member

Put another Aussie on the list! I'm Going to Disneyworld!
    Stats: Lauren, 20, soon to be 21 (12 days!) Townsville, but not the Powerpuff girl place.
    I'm down to be a character performer, assuming I pass my audition...
    I hope to visit my friend from grade 12, she lives in Kentucky.
    Good to hear that everyone's waiting on more info

Cheers Big Ears! ;D

2. aussie_gal

aussie_gal New Member

hey loz!

i hope to go on the summer program next year and be a character performer!

id love to read about how you are going; are you going to do a blog?

any other aussies doing blogs as well?

3. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey,

I am from NZ. Me and a couple of my friends have just been accepted for the WDW Summer prog (27th Nov to 8th Feb). I am in operations?

@Bryce
    If you are keen you need to email trudy at the australian agency and she will sort you out and yeah you probably are eligible.

@others
    When do we get to know about flights and has anyone received any documentation from Disney?

Cheers

4. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Hey Steve (?),
    Congratulations!
    How long ago did you apply, and did you have to do an interview (if yes, where)?

Thanks,
    -Bryce

5. Misas

Misas New Member

Stevestone, you must provide the flight from your country to Orlando International airport. MCO
    Disney has nothing to do with it. The only thing you must do is telling them the flight number your'r flighting to and the arrival hour.
    I'm from Portugal and I'll be a cast member soon! At August 19th!! Can wait :)

Good luck to you! ;)

[​IMG]

6. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi Stevestone,

We haven't received any documentation, however I did get an email from a Disney contact yesterday asking that we send a scanned copy of our passport photo in preparation for the visa form that we need for the visa application interview. So I'm guessing it won't be long now until we can all organise the visas.

- Cass

7. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey,

@Bryce
    I applied about a month ago and the whole process took about 2 weeks. I had a phone interview with someone from Florida as did all my mates. You probably need to contact her pretty soon though.

@SistaAct
    Thanks for that info. I am also waiting for her to give the flight discount quote and the intended flight/date. We guys might end up not taking the discount though because we may have to fly down to Aussie first to avail the discount. But lets see when she gets back with the details. Also do we receive a welcome pack from Disney.

@Misas
    Yeah I know that! Was just asking for the above info. Congrats on gettin in though. Hope u like it.

Cheers

8. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Yeah, we're meant to get welcome packs by late August according to the email I got a while back when I was trying to book flights. I'm hoping that I didn't get ripped off coz I booked them early - about $1900 Australian through a travel agent (who said it was a good deal).

- Cass

9. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hey Cass,

If thats including taxes and all the way to orlando, then its a pretty good deal. The cheapest I could find on Qantas today was NZD$2700 (AUD2600) incl tax. Ouch!!!

Steve

10. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Hmm, I emailed the recruitments address on the DKI site (the only method of contact on the site - a little strange?) asking for any info on the WDI programme and got this response:

"Thank you for your enquiry. DKI will only be responding to company recruitment needs at this stage and are not collecting individual resumes. More information regarding our database for candidates will be released in the coming months."

Not very helpful; I think this might be an automated response. I just want to know whether it's too late to apply for this year (probably), and when the next chance is.
    Any ideas on what I should do? Contact Disney directly? (There is an email address on the official site for countries not listed, and NZ isn't explicitly)

- Bryce ;D

11. Misas

Misas New Member

12. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Yeah I've seen that site, but it seems like it's for American students?
    I'm finding it impossible to find any solid info that's relevant to me lol. I sent another email to DKI asking when the next opportunity will be, hopefully I get a more helpful reply this time. ;D
    You must be looking forward to leaving, hope you have a great time!

13. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Bryce

I have emailed you with some info. Take a look!!!

Cheers
    Steve

14. nuttybuddy

nuttybuddy New Member

Hey guys....
    well i just got accepted in the WDW program and i am extremely excited :)
    I was looking for a discussion forum for KIWI'S ...unfortunately the next best thing i could find were AUSSIES :D
    As you guessed, I'm from New Zealand...was wondering how many kiwis are going there...
    not that it really matters a lot as we would be out numbered by the Aussies that are going to be there ;)
    it would good to know some cool people going before i actually arrive in Orlando!!!....
    have any of you any idea on group discounts? i was checking flights to the US and found out that a return flight to LA + internal flight from LA to orlando works out cheaper than finding a flight to orlando...any thoughts on that?....

look fwd to meeting u'll there

cheers!
    8)

15. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Hey Peter,

I filled out all the forms Trudy sent me and emailed them back to her. She said someone from Florida should be ringing me within a few days woohoo!
    Did you get asked any particular questions in your interview - any tips? ;)
    BTW are you under 21? I hope I get put in a flat with other ppl who have just arrived.

Cya,
    Bryce ;D

16. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi everyone,

I've just received an email from Disney stating that Visa forms and welcome packs are being sent out for those starting on Nov 27th. Also an email will be sent regarding the discount airfares and visa process. Not long to go now!

- Cass

17. stevestone

stevestone New Member

Hmm,

Thats interesting. We haven't received such an email from Disney yet. So hoping something comes soon. Good to know you are in the process Bryce. So as per this forum we have three kiwis and four(?) aussies for the Nov 27th program.

Also are all of you people going directly to Orlando or do you guys plan to see a place or two on the West Coast before reaching Orlando?

Cheers
    Steve

18. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Hey Steve,

In one of my emails from Trudy she mentioned that 3 Kiwis had been accepted and another 4 were waiting for phone interviews... So add in me and there could be up to 8 of us!
    I think you pretty much have to get a flight to LA (or maybe San Fran) and then from LA to Orlando... But I think you can get the price even lower by taking a flight that stops somewhere mid-country like Las Vegas or even Washington DC so I am gonna look into that - plus then I can say I have "been there" (lame I know). :p

We should all hit the parks together or something if we can, that would be awesome. I can't wait - gonna try and see and do everything possible there.

Bryce

19. SistaAct

SistaAct New Member

Hi,

Tina and I fly from Adelaide to Sydney to Los Angeles and then onto Orlando. We're not stopping overnight anywhere on the way to Disney, but on the way back we're going to Vegas and then onto Honolulu before coming home. Our uni exam period only finishes on Nov 25th!! What's everyone else doing?

- Cass

20. Bryce

Bryce New Member

If the programme starts on the 27th local time we have to be there on the 26th right?
    I think it's gonna take me over 24 hours to get there from Christchurch! :eek:

Bryce