ATTENTION ALL UK JAN 2011 CRP APPLICANTS

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney-dude, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

That is fairly shocking!!! Haha. You need to go there - and see The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It's amazing!!!

2. rynobu25

rynobu25 New Member

I just got an email back from Yummy Jobs, and they said because of the later application date, the interviews will start later, and so where I will be 18 in June, they will consider me :D :D Yayy!! :D

3. citywalk

citywalk New Member

I need to spend more time on here!

I really hope this Extended Recruitment period will give us Re-Hires more of a chance of getting back. I think I've heard of ONE so far. I mean I no in Canada they have a few Re-Hires and surely it should now be a Mix of Cast who have successfully completed the Program and newbies. That way you get the experience and commitment of ex Cast and the excitement ans new ideas from New hires.

Second guessing. Perhaps Applications have been slim and recent Cast self terming, being termed and maybe even Disney not being happy with the standard of Applications have caused this. But who is to no! I no that the 'type' of Cast arriving when I was out there was changing all the time. One group would be mental and the next would be shy and quiet.

The early 2012 Recruitment might actually work out good for me personally. I applied for a Canadian Visa as a Backup to CRP. If Disney gave me a start date in 2012 I could spend 6 months in Canada working and saving first :) Even Still I have my available from date as July 1st. Id give up Canada in a heartbeat to go back.

4. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Oh! Ive just had another thought as well!!!

There are drawings and plans to extend the Rose And Crown lower deck onto the Island and to Glass the whole area in. This would mean more tables and more Cast needed?

Perhaps this is in the pipeline now and thats why they now may need More Cast.

5. hemee

hemee New Member

Hey everyone :)
    Name: Holly
    First time: Yes (excited much?)

I am currently updating my CV ready for application, but I have a couple of questions for you all before I do. I'd be grateful if someone could help me out.
    You all apply through yummy jobs, yes? When you register to the site, and it says 'upload CV'.... is this where you upload your CV with the covering letter or do you do this later on after registration?? I don't want to get it wrong on my first go!
    Also I think my cover letter is turning out too formal, do people usually go for a slightly less formal approach than a 'regular' job application?
    Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and good luck everyone :)
    Xxxx

6. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Hi Holly and welcome

Ok I'll try to answer your questions

1) Upload C.V. is where you upload your C.V. and covering letter (if you have one), the easiest way is to put the covering letter and C.V into 1 word document and upload that. You have it uploaded before you click apply.

2) This is a toughie, Ive known people to get through with formal covering letters, informal covering letters and no covering letters. I was advised that professional is best by Yummy but I think the main thing is to get across why you want it and there are no mistakes in it.

Hope that helps

A few of us are on facebook and there is a group too, feel free to add me if you wish
    http://www.facebook.com/rob.woohoo

7. hemee

hemee New Member

Thanks a lot, that's helps. Will defiantly be applying this weekend. I get a tiny bit excited/nervous every time I think about it, heaven knows what I'll be like if I get to phone interviews :D

8. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

hey dont worry about it, we all get like that, I had to call Yummy so you can imagine what I was like, instead of going down the falling apart route, I was so nervous I went uber professional and was talking to them as if I was talking to the Prime Minister ha ha ha

9. hemee

hemee New Member

Haha, my dad did suggest I addressed my covering letter to Micky! Very helpful...

10. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I think that may have been a ploy by your dad to keep you in the UK :)

11. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

on cover letters my first cover letter was formal but had personal bits added in so i did all the formal stuff and then said what working at disney would eman to me :) and I got through to do the programme

i think its striking the right balance between cheese and uber excitement and professionalism

they want enthusiastic people who are going to enjoy the experience but they also want people who arent going to faint everytime they see mickey or one of the other characters back stage :)

12. kristenellen123

kristenellen123 New Member

Hey Holly! I'm from Loughborough so pretty nearby.. was in Notts today actually!! It's my first time applying too! eek! So exciting/nervous!

Feel free to add me on facebook too.. www.facebook.com/kristen.blackshaw (I'm pretty sure this is right...) xx
    xx

13. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

(runs in circles)
    Iiiii had the time of my lifeeee
    but it going just to slowwwwwleeeee
    (does the daddy dance)

Gah everything is taking forever. Wheres a money tree when you decide that taking driving lessons would probably be a great thing to start doing whilst waiting

14. Vickidoop

Vickidoop New Member

Hey Everyone!

Name: Victoria (call me Vicki)
    First time: Yes!! I'm already so excited I could burst! ;D

15. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

16. Vickidoop

Vickidoop New Member

Thanks Disney Dude.

Good luck to everyone with your applications!
    Anyone want to add me on facebook I am here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=632087903 (I hope this is right) ???

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hey, I live in Bristol too!! Where abouts?!

Also, I didn't submit a covering letter when I applied for my ICP in 2010 but got in... do you think I should put a covering letter with my CV for the CRP? I only uploaded a CV? :S I presumed that's what the questions on your profile bit were for - kind of instead of a covering letter?

18. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

That's sort of what the motivation box is for, but i think a lot of people attach their covering letter with their cv x

19. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Yeah. I put information into the motivation box and I attached a cover letter to my CV. I didn't want to leave anything blank!

20. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

Thats what I did too :)