are we housed with amercians

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by melanieuk, Apr 13, 2007.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Have you been a vacation planner before? I've never heard of anyone thats done it..Would love to ask you loads of questions about it if you have!! ;D

2. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

Yep I was a VP last summer so fire away!! :)

3. Kevus

Kevus New Member

what dya do as a vacation planner the title sounds like you plan trips for familys and organise events for them

4. tinydancinggirl

It's not quite so complicated!! Basically Vacation Planner is Disney-ese for ticket seller :) But you are supposed to find out more about the Guest's vacation, how long they're staying for, if they've been before, what they want to do, etc, then suggest a ticket package to them based on their needs. There's something like 120 different ticket combinations available so your job is to guide them through it. Unfortunately, given Disney's reputation for being ridiculously expensive, most people think you're trying to rip them off...so they just buy a one-day, one-park ticket (at $76) even if they're spending 10 days there (and a 10-day ticket works out at $21/day!). But occasionally people actually listen to your advice and that's really rewarding :)

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Jess, I just added you on myspace..And noticed it says your from aislaby yorkshire..Is that the aislaby in yarm? It would be so wierd if it was..because thats sort of near where i live..

6. tinydancinggirl

Oh that's who it is!! LOL :) Yeah I am indeed an Aislaby resident, when I'm not at uni anyway...whereabouts are you?

7. rachet

rachet New Member

wooo more yorkshire folk!! ;D

8. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Wynyard..You heard of it? Its in billingham..But in the countryside sort of thing..

When are you from rachel?

9. rachet

rachet New Member

originally sheffield, but now i live in leeds cos i go to uni there. how close is that to you? i dont know wynyard. it sounds familiar though!

10. tinydancinggirl

I know where that is!! It's near the Samsung place right?! I drive past there sometimes on my way to ye olde Metrocentre :D

11. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah..there's wynyard business park now as well now, just sort of opposite it really..I don't even no if samsung is open anymore tho!

You probably won't have heard of wynyard..the first house was only built about 10 years ago i think..Its a pretty big estate now tho..

I sort of live near sheffield and leeds..its not that far..its closer when im at uni tho..because i go to huddersfield uni..

12. tinydancinggirl

Ooooh if you worked in Costuming last year, did you know Nessa? She was in Costuming at Animal Kingdom I believe...

13. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Erm..name rings a bell..what does she look like?

14. tinydancinggirl

Blonde, about 5'1", VERY irish!!

15. rachet

rachet New Member

by any chance did you go to the huddersfield interviews in november??

16. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I'd probably remember her if i saw her..I wasn't really ever in animal kingdom tho..Just went there for one training day..

Nope, my interview was in march at the university of central lancashire (preston) what building did you have your interview in?

17. rachet

rachet New Member

erm, i think it might have been the science building?? either way it was one that i had right trouble finding!!

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Which side of the canal!!? haha..

19. rachet

rachet New Member

there was a canal?!?!

i didnt see much apart from the science building, a path, and then the train station! i wish i had seen the canal, that would have been nice.

on a completely unrelated topic, why does my photo always stretch sideways and make me look like a chubb chubbs??!

<-------------

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, the canal runs right through the middle of the uni!

You must have been in the ramsden building or something i guess..Especially because you haven't mentioned going anywhere near the students union!