are we housed with amercians

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by melanieuk, Apr 13, 2007.

1. tinydancinggirl

tinydancinggirl New Member

An American friend of mine requested to move to Vista from Chatham and was moved in about 2 months later. She had to wait for availability though. I'm not sure if that's just for Americans though or what. I know she had to pay $50 'admin fee' though.

2. adam87

adam87 New Member

are boys and girls mixed in the apartments or is it single sex

3. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

single sex apartments, but you could be living opposit an apartment of the other sex

4. linsey

linsey New Member

do disney do that thing where the guy apartment are on the bottom floors for 'security' lol. I always found that funny at uni stuff here.

5. tinydancinggirl

i don't think so, cos it's a gated complex anyway so in theory it should be safe enough ;)

and yep, single sex apartments but mixed sex buildings. and all apartments are either entirely over-21 or entirely under-21, but again you will get a mix in the same building.

6. Teresouna

Teresouna New Member

ave maria purisima

7. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I only really knew about 5 english people that lived at chatham..and two of them were my flatmates!

Out of all of the people on my flight, 3 out of the 20 got put in chatham and the rest got put in vista..

I thought vista was rammed full of english CP's last summer..Even at the bus stop in chatham..nobody seemed to be english..

Not saying its a bad thing..I would have definetly preffered to of been at vista tho..

8. tinydancinggirl

Vista was packed with Brits last summer, there were loads of us. Plenty of Americans as well mind! I was surprised when I turned up and they said I was in Vista, as I thought I would be in the Commons or Chatham...turned out to be the best news of the summer :) Can't say I slept very much tho!! ;)

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I don't want to know ;)

Im sure vista lay served up to its reputation tho!! haha..

10. tinydancinggirl

Hmm that's not quite what I meant! :p Very good place to party though :D I worked out I probably averaged about 4hours a night max over the summer as a whole (although there were obviously the days when I crashed & burned and slept for like 18 hours...)

11. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

- i dont think anyone does no matter where you live! treehouses summer last year def not - one week had 7 hrs sleep in 5 days - not good!

i think the only place americans ARENT is commons the rest of it is wherever they feel like putting you - but if your a cult rep 99% chance youre in commons

12. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Apparently a few years ago they used to put the british college program people in the commons..Is that true?

13. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

I think a few years ago there wasn't a college program (for brits) ??? I just can say that 2003/2004 no british college program ppl lived at the commons

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Ah rite..I didn't no that..Although someone mentioned that who i used 2 work with..

I am sure tho that there was one in 2004/2005..Because im sure someone from my interview said they were on it..

Its just really started to get really popular this year tho i think..I know that alot of people at the interviews they just told them they'd have 2 make do with F&B basically and that there was hardly any other positions available for internationals..

Seems like its gettin quite popular..When i had my interview there was alot more positions available..I got costuming which is quite rare..because there is hardly any people that get that..Only 5 there was that started the 25th June last year (24th this year..

Its wierd because im doing vacation planner this year for the second 6 months..And that job has even less positions for international people!

I guess im just special ;) haha..

15. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Jason told me they had a huge response this year.
    I know a few years ago... well maybe 10 years ago people on the CRP lived in vista before the commons was built.

16. tinydancinggirl

Vacation planning is mint. Lots of early starts though!! ;)

17. JenniferK

JenniferK New Member

i think the only place americans ARENT is commons the rest of it is wherever they feel like putting you - but if your a cult rep 99% chance youre in commons
    [/quote]

awww thats a shame, im doing the cult rep program and i absolutly LOVE americans :D

Do you get to mix with the American Cast members despite that? Or will teh chances be I never get to know any?

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

There will be a few on the bus (CPs work all over Epcot outside the pavilions), plus theres the cafateria and other such backstage places where you'll be mingiling.

19. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

All the chefs and other non-cultural representatives that work in your pavillion will be american.

20. JenniferK

JenniferK New Member

ooooo cool hopefully i will meet some lovely americans :)
    thanks guys!