appearance

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by u2l67, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Marie

Marie Guest

Lol! We're all such a bad influence on one another!

xxx

2. Marie

Marie Guest

Maybe i'll get a little Eeyore - hes always been my fave disney character and will be a memory of my yr at disney!

xxx

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah 'moral support'....so whats on everyone's to do list then....youve got me interested now sara!!!

xx

4. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Think I'll take the tongue ring out for the interview ::) I know the Disney Store didn't appreciate it too much when I worked there *lol*

5. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol linz, well ull have 2 guess ;)

marie - eeyores always been my fav 2 ;)

xx

6. Marie

Marie Guest

More like who? Sara...

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol marie, and u wouldn't b wrong haha

xxx

8. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Sorry to jump on topic! ;)

I have my belly button done and never took it out all year. Nobody ever asked me about it, I never told. Lots of girls have them pierced there so don't even worry about it. As for the tattoos, lots of people get them done down there!!!! As long as you can't see it in the costume you'll have to wear, you're okay! I got one done on my ankle while I was there and the only time it was a problem was if I wore really short socks in my boots. My managers all knew I had it done...I showed them!! Unless it's on your arms or legs, why tell them? It's not going to be visible in your costume...although yes, UK merch shirts are white...so why bring it up! A girl at my interview told the interviewer that she had a big snake on her leg but it was easy to cover up...he let her go early...then told myself and the other girl, if it was that easy to cover up, why did she tell me?

That's my thoughts.

Shan

9. Chloe

Chloe New Member

That's pretty much what I figured. I have bunches of piercings and don't mind taking them out to work, but I don't see the point in taking any out that you're not going to be able to see!

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Try to look as "Disney" as possible at your interview...meaning remove any visible piercings...so they know you get it. My hair wasn't Disney though, so I just said that I realized that my hair would have to be changed when I got the job...which I did...so don't really stress over it too much. Change the little things and let them know that you realize how strict they are and you'll be fine.

Shan

11. Marie

Marie Guest

I think this sites really good for telling people what to wear for the interviews. I didnt know about it so had made a few mistakes like brown glitter eye shadow and maybe my suit skirt could have been longer...

xxx

12. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol marie, i knew the site and still didn't really follow it lol. still had my hair down, a bit of make up, dangly earrings etc, but i looked more the part like that, thats the only reason. i'm gona have 2 change my hair before i go i think!

xxx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

for my interview, i still wore the usual amount of make up (probably a little more than theyd like, but not overdone!) , but i dressed in a trouser suit just so i looked smart and it was clear i had folowed their instructions.

I actually had my hair highlighted, but dyed over it th night before my interview, just got a diy kit and it took about an hour and cost a few quid, so i thought it was worth it. and i actually ended up liking it better darker! so think it was a worthwhile investment.

The view i was taking was, theres gonna be a lot of people there so i didnt wanna give them any cause to doubt me, especially as i thought because id got the job before and had turned it down, there was a chance they might have a low oppinion of me anyway! and also they would know that i knew what i should look like as id had the disney look book before i was meant to go last year, so i really had no excuse!

bottom line....you can change your look and im sure they realise that, but if it isnt too dificult, i'd try to stick to their look as much as possible, it probably will help them picture you in disney more. but if you cant it really wont matter. its your personality they're looking at, and they know they can change your haircolor or make up easy. dont stress!

xx

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Ooo i had dangly earrings too Sara...

I look quite innocent and the mistakes i made were quite small...

But oh my when they said they didnt like glitter eyeshadow at presentation i was like to Lindsey in the canteen - should i rub of my eyeshadow? I didnt cos i figured cos i was in second row they might have seen it already!

xxx

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah you were totally panicing! haha! and even after you pointed it out i was like 'where??' haha it wasnt obvious at all! it was pretty, but i wouldnt notice at all that it had glitter thru it coz it was subtle!

see its stuff like that you get in a panic about when youre already stressed, but in reality nobody will notice! esp the disney reps, they have bigger things to worry about! like a pink mohekan may go down in their notes, but glitter eye shadow certinly wont!

xx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

bless u marie!

xxx