Appartments

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ciara-cinders, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL I agree, that would freak me out, too

2. rachet

rachet New Member

nah, frogs are great ;D cockroaches are the only evil. they remind me of men in black.

3. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

ive never been near a cockraoch (yet) so it should be an experience when i do see one - urgh,yuk,i pretty much hate all little bugs and insects tho - could get interesting in florida!!

4. Yeah...I'm not sure I'd mind the frogs or lizards, but I'm not too fond of roaches...
    They remind me of earwigs, they both make me squirm. yuck.

Kind of OT, but when we were at the POP in August, there were really big spiders in our room - like the size of a loonie maybe. They were quick too...they were all in the corners.

What about smoking in the apartments? Will most people try not to smoke if it's bothering someone in the apartment (allergies or whatever) (well, try not to smoke around them).

5. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

i hope so

6. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

Aren't the appartments smoke free? Or am I just making that up?

I love that everything in Ontario is smoke free.

7. Yeah...I think pretty much everything here is too (I don't smoke, so I don't notice that much unless someone is) but I haven't heard anyone mention if the apartments were smoke free. Most things are now, but I was curious.

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

yep, apartments are non-smoking!

9. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Thats fantastic!!

10. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

We used to have a choice between non smoking and smoking, but many smokers chose non smoking apt.'s so they would smoke less. They would usually just go on the balcony or in front of the door and smoke there. I never had problems with it. Usually most of the parties are outside anyways, so it's not such a big deal. And at pre parties people would usually smoke on the balcony or open the window.

And ewww I remember the jumping spiders in Orlando :( And we always got these HUUUGE bites on our legs and knees especially :-\

11. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

really?? Not a fan of spiders especially if they jump, dont like biting creatures either

12. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

spiders that JUMP?! oh dear - i cant even handle the regular kind that crawl along the floor let alone ones that can jump!!!! :D

13. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

im the same, oh well!

14. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

im not a huge spider fan - i am happy to kill them tho lol

i remmber in florida the evil ants!!!!

i had so many bites ugh

and oncei saw about 40 ants eating a worm alive!!!! it was gross they were like ripping bits off the worm in the end i stamped on it to put it out of its misery

15. Do all spiders bite?

I don't think any of them bit us...ahh.
    Kerry - they could jump pretty far and really fast, but they pretty much stayed put unless you went after them. Is it just a summer thing? I had never seen them until last summer. My friend either saw or killed one in my shorts and didn't tell me til we got home.

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Soooo disgusting! I have a phobia already, but that was just too much. At least they were only OUTSIDE of the apt.! I usually saw them when we were at the throw ins. I hope I will only see bears and elks when I am in Canada lol

17. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

We have ELK?? How did I not know this?

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

lol see... ;D

20. april25th

april25th New Member

i remember sitting around the pool at night at commons and got bitten to pioeces and the next day was soooooooo bad those little ants are a nightmare !!!!!