Appartments

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ciara-cinders, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Soda106

Soda106 New Member

I dont know if it was because I was living on the bottom floor or not, but my appartment always had bugs! lol. My bathroom sink was crawling with those little ant-like looking things.. And then this one time a baby frog was jumping around haha. My roomie sucked it up with the dustbuster 8)

2. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Thanks Ellen for the photos!! It really helped to get a feel of the place!!!
    Lizzards I'm okay with but roaches and little ant things aren't really my favourite things

3. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

I had this little ant things in the kitchen at the commons. Hoped pest control will sort it out with their next visit...but nothing... I used a day to clean every f***ing cupboard and discovered the source. U won't believe how many disgusting things I found in the kitchen.

4. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Eugh goodness yuck, oh well fingers crossed then

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Well my apt. was pretty clean so I think I was really lucky. We never had the tiny roaches or ants. But I had those in my apt. now when I lived in Fort Lauderdale. Ewwww! The basic thing is to always throw away left over food and clean up after yourself.
    And yeah I always pretended to sleep as well when the pest control came. Well I actually DID sleep a lot of times when they came but they would wake me up because they would talk so loud and go through the rooms a million times. :mad:
    Julia

6. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Yeah I always pretended to sleep as well... unfortunately u can't do that when they come to repaint your Apt :-\ 9 o'clock in the morning :mad:
    I lived in an Apt on the groundfloor and never had a roach. I think they come most of the time through the AC or out of the drain at the bathtub :-\

7. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

aww, about coming at 9, poor thing!

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Yeah I think it has a lot to do with how clean the apt. is and where it's located. And some people are just luckier than others I guess lol

And 9 o'clock??? OMG That is the middle of the night in Commons time :-\ RUDE people! lol

9. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

I guess so!

Aww lol

10. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

Best phrase:"Oh no.. I have the early shift tomorrow and have to start at 10:30am!!!!"

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL I know. We had such a good life *sigh* And I don't remember how many times I was sobering up at work! Too bad all this growing up stuff is coming along after the Commons!

12. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

the lizzards stayed outside but the roaches and frogs were in our apartment! it was like they were waiting at the door to come in everytime i opened it!!!

13. april25th

april25th New Member

I had a ground floor apartment and there was always frogs(slimy ones) on the door.but never any problems inside

14. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I found a teeny dead frog in my apartment once...it was all dried up and when I tried to hoover it up it popped around like a tiddlywink!! Ewwwwwww..... :-X

15. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Eugh I like frogs, not sure about dead ones though

16. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

frogs and lizardsi can deal with but roaches? ugh!!!!

wheni was in fl the other year i went to a 7eleven and there was this one the size of my hand on the floor and a guy rolled voer ti with a hugggeeee crate of bottles mega heavy and stuff and when he rolled off it it was still wiggling!!! *shudder*

17. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

oh gosh, dont tell me that lol

18. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL I had one in my first apt. in Fort Lauderdale and it was on the wall. I tried to hit it and it started flying, oh my god, I almost got a heart attack. I needed 30 minutes before I tried hitting it the first time and then another 30 minutes before I could go back. :-\

19. sandinshorts

sandinshorts New Member

I always loved trying to catch the salamanders when I was a kid. I haven't seen any in years though. Maybe my adult self isn't as patient as I used to be. On my last trip with my brother I snapped this pic. He was afraid the frog was going to jump into his mouth. lol

20. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

dude,thats disgusting!!!!!! ;D i couldnt be that near to a frog - they creep me out!!!!! :D