Appartments

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ciara-cinders, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

You might be lucky, but I also assume it will be randomly chosen, because they have to see where they have room available at that time. Although you can always try to move in together later on. But like I said before....for 3 months the effort won't be worth it. Just go with whatever happens and I am sure you will be fine either way!

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think there were a bunch of people on my program who complained a LOT and they were able to be roomed together. You could try that...

3. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

Im gonna try! ;) :D

4. april25th

april25th New Member

i was quite impressed with my apartment 2311 in the commons although there were times when it felt small for 8 people.

5. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

yeah, i guess living in an apartment with 8 people a big house would seem small

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

My biggest complaint (with 6 people) was the lack of space in the kitchen (fridge, freezer, shelves, etc.)

7. april25th

april25th New Member

i i agree so much you couldnt do a real food shop

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

well i only had three roomies, but one of them was chinese and she alone took all the space lol she always had her friends over and they had these HUUUUUGE cooking sessions

Julia

9. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

I think if we do get separated, Im sure it wouldnt be a big deal to move apartments or ask someone to swap

10. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

To swap an apt. with someone won't be so easy. Everyone arrives at a different time in the year, so you can't just swap with someone from another apt. But you should just see how your roomies are, I think it's an even better experience if you live with complete strangers and can have a lot of fun. You could also check when one of your roomies has finished her contract and is leaving that your friend moves in instead of a new person. I am sure you will be ok though! :)

11. ciara-cinders

ciara-cinders New Member

okay

how are the bugs and stuff around and in the apartments??

12. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

well I cant speak for vista /chatham but I lived in the Treehouses where we were surrounded by trees and wildlife, and altho there were loads of lizards and frogs outside, I never seen any bugs or anything inside the apartments.

13. you were lucky you had them outside!
    i'll never forget when i went into the bathroom one morning and found a lizard in the shower, just glad he didnt use my shampoo.

14. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

why are u not on MSN?

15. cos im in hiding!!!! ;D

16. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL I am always hiding, too ;D

About the geccos awwww they are SO adorable, I loved them! I didn't mind having them in the apt., but we had a DEAD roach in the kitchen one time and I had to throw it out, because my roomies would just leave in on the floor EWWWWW! And once my roomie told me we had one in the room and it tried to run under our bed so my roomie killed it b/c she couldn't have slept in the room otherwise. We were on the top floor though, so it was ok. My friend who was living on the ground level had roaches a lot more often and they would fly through the apt. AAAAAaaaAAAAA.....well you always have pest control checking the apt.'s and spraying stuff though, so it's not that bad. Unless you have a creepy pest control guy that leans over you and watches you sleeping ( happened to my roomie ) ....ahhhh have fun! lol

17. i preteneded to be asleep when they came!
    my house mate let him in and they had a very indepth conversation about how my house mate (anthony) was there just looking for girls who want to have fun!!!

18. acp

acp New Member

Over at Vista we had lizards, frogs and squirrels. All outside (well, I didn't see any inside anyway...)

Andy.

19. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

lol. i was scared of people coming in to do stuff in my room :-\

20. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

I'm sure my roommates will love me for posting these photos, but here's some pics of the apartment i was in to give you a rough idea...I was in a 2 bed/3 person apartment...Yes, Sandra (feat. in the kitchen photo) was lucky enough to snag her own room!!!.....I was in building 28 of the commons...it's the only building that has 3 person apartments, way at the back in the ghetto...in fact, if you looked out of our living room window, you could see TGI Fridays on the other side of the I4!!

This is the living room taken from the front door...
    [​IMG]

The kitchen, also taken from the front door facing the other direction...the apartment's communal areas are quite open plan...
    [​IMG]

My bed on one side of the room
    [​IMG]

And the sink in my bedroom...the bathroom is the door to the left, and to the right was the HUGE walk in wardrobe...not all the wardrobes are huge, but ours was like having another small bedroom!!
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps! :D

Ellen x