Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. **nikki**

**nikki** New Member

Yeah it was CRP that i first applied for. I did ICP from June to August, just the summer one. Yeah I wrote that in my covering letter that I took it on board that they needed more experience so that's why I did ICP :)

2. mushu

mushu New Member

Hey Nikki!

Ooh that sounds good... I'm hoping that having got through to the Waiting List for the last round of CRP interviews, that will help me this time... hope so!!!

3. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Yea that is great! My cover letter is just how i really want to do the program so I can further my knoweldge and take back the experience to my home country etc. etc.
    Its so good to do the icp. : )
    Hey stich sorry what is ur real name? Im Christina. Bless u being on the waiting list, that must have been hard but its so good ur applying again. I guess u can see if u get this one or the one from the waiting list. Ur lucky u got both ;D

4. Yea i know this has already been said, but Im kinda glad that its September onwards! Because it gives you loads of time to save up as much money as possible, which will always be useful. The parks will be quieter which means we can basically walk on to everything unlike the hurrendous summer queues! And it means when you're finishing the program you finish at summer time when it is hot hot hot, and if you go travelling you're going when its hot hot hot!

Oh and if anyone arrives at september, they're arriving right in time for halloween, which incase you didnt know. Is amazing at that time of year!

5. mushu

mushu New Member

Gosh as if we couldn't get any more excited Jim!! Sounds amazing! I've been out there in October and it was totally Halloween crazy...

6. It is unbelievable at halloween, both disney and america! The magic kingdom halloween celebrations, mickey's not so scary nights and the parades! It unreal. I want this so much! LOL!! Im sure all of u do!

7. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Halloween in the states is the best thing EVER. Costume party = mandatory! And I know it's already been discussed but Universal's Nighst of Horror. And the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. And huge giant pumpkins to carve. And more sweets than you can possibly cope with. Squeeeee3eeee ;D

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm Megan :)

I'm worried that my age could put me jeopardy as I'm not 18 until may and I watched the presentation that's online and they say you have to be 18 at the time of the interview which in this case is around feb/march :-\ but then I emailed a while back asking if I can apply when I'm 17 and Michele said I could but they prefer you to be 18 at the time of the interview. I'll just have to wait and see i guess....

Oh my goodness, I want to experience Halloween in the States so much!! Purely because they go all out :D
    I'm a big Nightmare before christmas fan, and really want to go to Disneyland so I can ride the haunted mansion holiday!
    I will get there one day....

9. I thought it was you have to be 18 when you start your program? Due to the fact you need to be 18 to get a visa for this program?

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I know, that's why I was applying now as the program start dates are from september onwards so i would be fine.
    It's probably because I'm not technically an adult yet so it might affect me signing forms at the interview?
    I don't know really. I'll give it a shot anyway. But I'm sure I saw someone on here who was in the same situation as me last year- she wasn't 18 until may but she left for florida in august. Oh if only i were born a few months earlier lol, would make this so much more simple.

11. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey Hey Boys & Girls
    I really just wanted to join in the post
    its so busy and exciting and energetic is this topic ! aha

Ummm Yes :)

So Good Luck :)

Hopefully ill see some of you out there! :)

12. I have absolutely no idea what u would need to be 18 for apart from the visa documents, but u wouldnt be signing anything at the interview thats for sure!

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ah okay, well like I said I'll just have to wait and see... fingers crossed!!

Hey Michelle! Welcome to this post! :p
    Congrats for being accepted :)
    Hopefully see you out there if I'm successful!

14. hey michelle! have fun, hopefully see u out there!

15. mushu

mushu New Member

Michelle you are not going to Florida without me. That's final!!

Megan, you have to 18 when you apply for your visa, so at the earliest a month before you leave, apart from that you CAN be 17, but they just tend to prefer you to be older. Does that make sense? Michelle ^ is only 18!

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Thanks Vicki :)

The online presentation threw me a bit with regards ages, that's all!!
    And I'll be 18 months before i would need to go for the visa interview, so that's made me feel better :)

17. Try not to worry about it Megan, you can definitely apply b4 ur 18, and only need to be 18 for the reasons listed. Im sure you are mature and capable enough to be taken seriously at the interviews 2!

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Yeah I am, especially about the program as I've wanted to do it for so long!!
    Ideally it would be amazing if everyone who posts on here got a place :p lol, at least if I get through to f2f i'll already know some people from here- which will no doubt help break the ice!!

19. megan we have the same number of posts, although now i am 78 and ur 77. wowza! oh and totally it would be weird to put faces 2 names lol

20. P>S out of curiousity, how old is everyone going to be (if they get into the program that is) when they would start the program, remember its from sep 09-jan10 start dates. Ill be 21.