Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I asked them if they could confirm that they received my cover letter, and I had an email back saying that they had received it.
    They haven't started reviewing applications yet.

I'm applying for merch, but I would do f&b- i really don't mind lol.

HRC stands for Historical Research Centre and is the shop where guests can go to look up their family history and coat of arms thing and have it printed on different items. It's run by an outside company though, so if you're part of HRC you don't get all the perks you would if you were hired directly by disney.

2. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum :)

I'm applying in the next few days, just finalising my CV and cover letter. I'm so nervous and excited. I'm pretty confident that if I can get to the interview process that I can get the job but I'm worried that I won't come across well enough on paper. A friend is going to help me tweak the CV and cover letter tonight and hope that it's enough to get me to the next stage.

I've wanted to do this since I was 16 but obviously I was too young and then sadly my dad passed away when I was 17 so I kinda lost my motivation. I'm 22 now and feel like I'm finally ready to do this and relish the experience.

I think I'd prefer to work in merch but if applying in F&B gives me a better chance of success then I'm happy to do that. Do you know if you can request to work on the bar? I have previous waitressing and bar experience.

Does anyone know when we will hear back for the phone interviews? I think someone said they would he held in February...?

Good luck to all of us :D

3. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Hey Everyone!

My names Mhairi, I'm 21 and from Edinburgh.

I hoping to apply by the end of January. I'm going to start by spring cleaning my CV before i put it in, and maybe see about another job as I dont have any experience in either F&B or Merch (I work customer service).

I'm Disney alumni, being an ICP participant back in 2006 and although I did reapply summer 2009, I gave the worst interview ever and completly mucked up my chances of them offering me a place for this summer. One good thing about the knock back, is that it has totally made me more determined to get back to Disney.

To those of you that have been through the process before, do they interview you alone, in pairs or in small groups? I'm fine going in by myself but seem to lose the edge when I'm with someone else. I tend to be...in the background as I can be quite, and I hate to interupt when someone else is speaking which can be quite a problem when the other person talks for the whole interview.

God, I'm panicing already and I havent even applied yet...

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

When you apply via the website form, you receive a standard email back confirming that your application has been received.
    This is what it says:

'Greetings!

Thank you very much for your Yummy application, this is where your adventure begins...

We have confirmed your interest for the Disney's Cultural Representative Program with Yummy Jobs, and will be having one of our dedicated team members review your application.

We will begin our next recruitment season in early 2009 and look forward to considering you. You will be contacted by email by the end of January with more information about your application, so do keep an eye on your emails for a message from Michele if you are from the UK or Kristen if you are from Canada!

We wish you all the Best,

Michele & Kristen
    Yummy Jobs'

So we'll hear by the end of january about whether we are successful for the phone interview

5. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

^^^ yeah, i got that email when i sent mine in.

Phone interview will take place in Feb.

oh right, no i don't want that i want to be an offical CM. lol!

Oh, i want a reply. i can't wait, i have been waiting sooo long to apply, now just more waiting.

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Yeah, HRC doesn't appeal to me- I want the Full on Disney experience. Especially since I've been waiting to apply for this since I was 13. :)

7. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Yeah don't think I'd like to do HRC either. More rent and less perks??? No thank you :)

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Those were exactly my thoughts. :D

9. From what my friends say who did HRC, mind numbingly boring is the common description.

10. mushu

mushu New Member

When I interviewed for the CRP in the last round of interviews, we were interviewed in pairs and that is what will happened in these f2fs too. But the format is that the interviewer establishes which one of you is which (as he has the paperwork in his hand for both) and picks one of you to go first.
    Then he asks you all of your questions without refering to the other person and then they get their turn afterwards. Its a very short interview so you need to make every word count. Literally for two of us, it took just over 10 mins!!

They also ask you some of the exact same questions as the phone interview, so you can be prepared!

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Just out of interest, do you how they pair candidates up for the interview? Or is it just at random...
    So would you say that the phone interview is harder than the f2f?

12. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Hello Everyone,

I live in Woking in Surrey and have done the ICP programme before last year and came bk in April. I miss Disney so much and decided to apply to the CRP programme in November but they said to reapply in January which i did. I am sooo nervous coz my resume i just realised says at the begining i am interested in event hotel management and tourism hospitality, which really does not sound like disney hehehe but that was my original resume. aNYHOW I AM sooo nervous still. What did u guys add in ur resumes?
    The f2f interviews are short and fun. They have u in pairs and its done randomly. so dont worry. Just tell them what u want out of disney.

Anywayssss good luck everyone and hope to see u all soon. xxxx

13. hey ctravis, i just had the usual stuff in mine, i hope i get through to the phone interview at least cos i think once they hear from me, they'll defo put me through lol. im sure everyone thinks that tho|!

14. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Hehehe hey Bombay Sapphire, yea i hope so too. Where are you from? Arn't you going to do the f2f interview or do u not lve in UK? By the way im Christina x

15. Yea if they want me 2, im in the uk. But i havent even been accepted to the pre interview phone chat lol. Ive done International program 2 at MK, so i know the drill. I hope i get his!
    Im Jim by the way.

16. mushu

mushu New Member

You have your f2f interviews in order of how far you had to travel to get there, so people coming from Scotland go first etc and those who live closest to London go last... which could be as late as 5pm! So you are quite likely to be paired with someone who lives reasonably close to you. When I did mine, I had come from Southampton and my fellow interviewee from Winchester.

In my phone interview I got asked; why do you want to work for Disney, what is your work experience, how would you cope with living with a load of strangers and sharing a room etc, how would you cope with the heat?
    In the f2f they asked pretty much the same questions but you got either the living or the heat one and you got asked what is your favorite Disney character and why?

I'm Vicki...

17. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ah, I see- Thanks Vicki! :D

Well if I get through that far, I'd be near the end of the interviews as I'm about an hour away from London by train...

18. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

same here, I'm only about an hour from London by train too, I'm soo excited i keep checking my email, nothing yet...

19. Me neither, dont worry they said late january. This is only the middle!

20. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

And I think that they have only just started reviewing applications for this round, so nothing to worry about :)