Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Sundae09

Sundae09 New Member

I'm new to this website... well I say new - i used to be on here ALL the time.

I applied a few years ago to this programme and got to the Face to Face interviews (Yay me!)

I was gutted cos I didnt get through. Had a few family problems so it wouldnt have worked out anyway but then I got a call to say that they had reconsidered me and could I fly out. Unfortunately I had to say no because of the family issues.

I applied again in december and thought that I wouldnt post anything on here in case of jinxing it (i.e. I would get so excited and didnt want to set myself up for a fall) however, it didnt really matter as I received my rejection email today.

I am absolutely gutted and have emailed straight back to ask why I havent been considered. I used to work in a DISNEY STORE for 3 years!!!??

I understand that some of us arent going to make it in but I think its helpful to know why. ;D

Dunno... maybe I'm not going to earn any points by doing it but the email wasnt rude I just asked why I wasnt considered!?

2. **nikki**

**nikki** New Member

I never got it either, 2nd rejection for me :(

3. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

It'd be interesting to know how many applicants they'd had, and how many places they were filling. Also be interesting to know just what it was that sucsessful people had that we didn't.

I guess we all think that we deserved to get interviews (otherwise we wouldnt have applied!) But then you can't win 'em all I guess!

I know it's kinda put a downer on the day - but try and keep smiling :)

4. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Dan - I asked all those questions on the phone and they dodged them all :(

5. DanielJ97

DanielJ97 New Member

sorry to hear about everyone else not getting in, guess i'm going to have to try the next time either that or when i help my girlfriend move in i'll pop over to the casting center and see what they say other than applying through yummy jobs.

6. omgholly

omgholly New Member

It must be hard seeing as you got past this stage before, you were probably just worried about the f2f again.

Maybe they really have just had masses of applicants? That doesnt make me feel any better though...

7. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I haven't heard anything back yet. So I'm still trying to think positively- but it's becoming increasingly harder...
    May I ask around what time you received your emails?

8. **nikki**

**nikki** New Member

About 11.50am?

9. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I gonna say those who haven't heard. You are the LUCKY ONES, you will get an email tomorrow, saying you through.

Congrats to all of you.

Can i ask what you guys all do, so i have relevant experience, for when i apply again in august?

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Well I'm not assuming anything at the moment, because the day's not over.

11. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I got mine at 11:54

Assumptions are bad. But I would personally assume if you haven't been rejected by now that you are through.

Good luck <3 xx

12. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I too got mine at 11:54 and 58 seconds.

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

They may be sending it in alphabetical order, it's a thought which my dad put in my head- in which case I'd be nearer the end :-\

14. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I'm Holly Anderson so yeah maybe but I doubt that it would take them this long. If you make it to this evening, I'd be willing to put money on you being through :) x

15. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Like Holly said, you shouldn't really assume .... but seeing as everyone on here that got rejected seemed to get the email at pretty much the same time i'm guessing they did all the rejections in one go, and would then be making a start on contacting those who are through to interview.

16. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

no one else has come on for awhile saying they have been rejected. I think there done, for the day.

Tomorrow your gonna get the congrats your though.... email

17. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

I havn't heard anything yet. Sorry to those who havn't got through, if no one gave you any clear advice on how to do better next time maybe talk to some candidates who have done the CRP to compare CV's.

by tomorow i could be joining the ranks of the rejected and then its time to plan the euro trip. ;D

18. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Good luck steph :)

19. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I working on an email to sent to YJ about the rejection, i don't know whether to sent it now or wait til tomorrow?

I hate this I'm soo upset, I have my last exam tomorrow, and I just can't focus on revising. :(

20. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Totally up to you, just read through it and esnure that you sound friendly throughout the email. I'd be happy to look over it if you wanted a second opinion and I promise not to copy you. I'll send you mine when I've finished writing it if you like?

I finish work at half 4 and doubt I'll have mine finished by then so probably wont email them until tomorrow.

I wonder if they ever read these boards... that'd be weird.